Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

I have 2 gorgeous 5 month old half-Siamese kittens that I will have to rehome.
    They are female and male.
    Both fully neutered / vaccinated.
    Unfortunately they must go to a good home.
    Leinster. (Can travel)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

verywell wrote: »
    I have 2 gorgeous 5 month old half-Siamese kittens that I will have to rehome.
    They are female and male.
    Both fully neutered / vaccinated.
    Unfortunately they must go to a good home.
    Leinster. (Can travel)

Have you got pics of them? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ChrissySarah

Found these two during the week, would love to keep them but sadly can't (in rented accommodation and already have a cat who's going mad at the new arrivals). They are about three months old, the grey one is a boy and the black one is a girl. They get on really well with people, are extremely friendly and playful once they settle in... I'd prefer to give them away together but if that's not possible we can sort something else out.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Magenta wrote: »
    Have you got pics of them? :)

Hi only say post now. I have them sorted \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sweetnjuicy

Hey guys

I have a 2.5year old female tortie.
    She is neutered and just a dote but I need to downsize as im due baby number 2 late april and have 3 cats so one needs to go :(
    I just don't have the time or energy to care for all three. And before you go wondering the reason we picked her over the other two is that we got the other 2 together nearly 4 years ago so they are our babies and we will never part with them. This lil lady we've had almost 2 years but she needs a good home now.

She is an independent lil madam, sometimes just likes her own space but is also very affectionate and loves rubs and cuddles when she feels like it lol. She is a house cat but loves being outside for 90% of the daytime, We let her out from 12 to 9 normally once shes fed and watered.

She would like to have brothers or sisters or both as shes always had other kitties around, she came from a litter of 4 with an older brother too. Now saying that Id say she might like being a solo cat too with tons of love she may even come out her shell a bit more as she has never seemed to ocme out of her shell with us.

She isnt in a major rush for a new home, it just has to be before april. We want to make sure she goes to a good home with someone who will love and care for her as we have. She is a spoilt little lady :)

Pm me if you are interested and I can email you pics as I havent gotten any recent ones and shes hiding in her fave spot on top of the wardrobe conked at the mo lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 lsrec

I have to Californian rabbits i want to re home.At the moment they have the run of the garden which i would want for them in their new home. About 6 month old, they come for food and a quick pet , but not great for you kids , don't like cuddles. Pleases let me know if you are interested or have any ideas i am in the meath area. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

PM'd you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

8 month old Staffie pup. Castrated, Micro-chipped, vaccinated. Sweet natured. Friendly with both children and other dogs.

2260333_02_product_detail_large.jpg?1356779540

2260333_01_product_detail_large.jpg?1356779444

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Posting on behalf of a friend: Young neutered male tabby cat looking for a home, very friendly and good with other animals. Please PM me for more details :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Found a 'stray' kitten (from the un-neutered cat accross the road- its a very long story...) as my cousin nearly knocked it down just before xmas when he called over. I took it in and it has been getting on fine with my other 3.
    I never meant to take it in to keep- just to get it off the road. I know cats aid are very busy otherwise I would just drop him down to them. He is about 9 weeks old, with really unusual markings. He'd be fine with other cats. He's very sweet and cute and loves to play and be cuddled. I'm falling in love with him already :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27054407@N04/8380901415/
    (can't seem to insert photo)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Tinbox

Hi, just seen this post, I need to rehome my Jack Russell, see below:

Unfortunately I have to rehome one of my dogs (one of two Jack Russells).

Jasper is finding it hard to adjust to our now 3 year old child living (and playing!) in the same house and he would suit a home with older kids.

There have been no incidents of snapping or biting, he is just finding it hard to adjust and instead of pushing the issue with him, which may lead to an incident, we have decided to rehome him.

If you know of anyone who may be looking to offer a dog a good home, please let me know. Photo attached.

A bit about Jasper:

 Jack Russell
     Pedigree
     Male
     Black/White/Brown
     Wire hair (very rarely sheds, if at all)
     5 years old
     Irish Kennel Club Registered
     Micro chipped
     Neutered
     Kennel Cough treated
     Has always slept outdoors (in a dog house)
     Is house trained and brought in during the severe winter months
     Does not chew furniture
     Does not dig up the garden
     Loves walks and will chase a ball in a park for hours (literally hours!)
     Lead trained, however can be a barky on the lead in the presence of other dogs
     Does not particularly like the vet, but what dog would

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    8 month old Staffie pup. Castrated, Micro-chipped, vaccinated. Sweet natured. Friendly with both children and other dogs.

2260333_02_product_detail_large.jpg?1356779540

2260333_01_product_detail_large.jpg?1356779444

Hi wolfpawnat,
    did you find a home yet? where are you based? I take its a male?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

zef wrote: »
    very sweet and cute and loves to play and be cuddled. I'm falling in love with him already :)

Can't blame you, he's just gorgeous. :)

zef wrote: »
    Found a 'stray' kitten (from the un-neutered cat accross the road- its a very long story...) as my cousin nearly knocked it down just before xmas when he called over. I took it in and it has been getting on fine with my other 3.
    I never meant to take it in to keep- just to get it off the road. I know cats aid are very busy otherwise I would just drop him down to them. He is about 9 weeks old, with really unusual markings. He'd be fine with other cats. He's very sweet and cute and loves to play and be cuddled. I'm falling in love with him already :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27054407@N04/8380901415/
    (can't seem to insert photo)

You sure it's a he? 99.9% of the time that colouring is only seen in female cats!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You sure it's a he? 99.9% of the time that colouring is only seen in female cats!
    No other way around; Torties are female and male once are rare as a honest politician.

Nody wrote: »
    No other way around; Torties are female and male once are rare as a honest politician.

Isn't that what I just said? Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Yip, yous' are right, its a girl!
    She's still a dote- i'd want her to go to a good home so if any of you animal lovers knows anyone - etc, i'm in Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

Hi Tinbox. Jasper looks like a little dote, it must be very hard for you to part with him, I don't envy you having to do that. We have a JR cross female but she's 14 now and we're having to prepare ourselves. I note you said that he barks on the lead at other dogs, does he take to the company of other dogs at all? We also have cats, inside and out, so I wonder what his views are on felines? I'm anxious to get another dog but I think an older dog like Jasper, rather than a pup, would be more suitable for us. Have a think about it, if Jasper is still with you that is and maybe PM me if you think we might be a match. We're out of the city and have a big garden so he would have plenty of space to run around. I'll leave it with you, you can come back to me when it suits you. All the best for now. Janmaree.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Hi,

I have some guinea pigs that need a home.

One of my two male guinea pigs turned out to be female after they had lived together for 18 months :confused::confused: (Bill is now Bella).

She had 3 babies the last day of November and they were ready to be rehomed from the first week of August. I have had the daddy and the mammy & babies separated since the birth. The cage with the mammy and babies is very overcrowded now - so it is getting to be a bit of an urgency to re-home some of them.

I want to keep the mammy & one of the baby girls as company.

So I am looking to re-home the daddy and two babies. I can check the sex of the little ones tomorrow. They don't necessarily have to go to the same person (no-one should be that insane).

I have a cage for the Daddy which can go with him and all his stuff. The daddy is a long haired guinea pig (yellow & white, he is called Pikachu) - he really is lovely but he does need a certain amount of grooming. His hair can mat sometimes. The mammy hair is tuft-like brown & black - so the babies are a mixture of them.

I also have a garden enclosure that can go as I have two.

I am based in Carlow - there is no problem travelling a certain distance with them.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I got the guinea pigs re-homed today - so am delighted.

It would have been heading into cruelty territory if four of them had been left in the one cage much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

Hi everybody,
    a friends has two cats, two girls.
    Unfortunately he cannot keep them anymore as the landlord won't allow them.
    Actually they are in a "foster home" for a while but they need a permanent home.
    They are very quiet and a bit scared.
    I don't have many other details, they are young.
    I will post some photos if anyone is interested please let me know..
    in other case they probably would go to a shelter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 386nutmeg

2 border collies, age 8 and 4 free to good home. Need lots of space, very active dogs, good with children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Please be very careful advertising free dogs like this. There are dogs being stolen all over the country to be used in puppy mills and as bait for blooding fighting dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

What are the reasons for Rehoming an 8 year old dog? Have you had this dog since a puppy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

First post, account opened today. Troll trying to get a reaction?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

386nutmeg wrote: »
    2 border collies, age 8 and 4 free to good home. Need lots of space, very active dogs, good with children.

Please don't advertise free dogs out here. Surrender the. To an animal sanctuary and make a donation along with it to cover the cost of rehomeing them and feeding them. They also do home checks so they won't go to a puppy farm or be beaten and they will be neutered so no unnessecary pups that will struggle to be rehomed
    Thanks

Two and a half men

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭leinstergurl

Hi there,
    I'm wondering if anyone can help?We need to re-home our Doberman.Belle is 5 years old, around kids all the time, She however needs to be watched if the child has food as she will take it, not aggressively but none the less. She is an indoor dog, toiled trained.Re-homing her is actually the last thing i want to do, but it's something that has to be done.

Hi there,
    I'm wondering if anyone can help?We need to re-home our Doberman.Belle is 5 years old, around kids all the time, She however needs to be watched if the child has food as she will take it, not aggressively but none the less. She is an indoor dog, toiled trained.Re-homing her is actually the last thing i want to do, but it's something that has to be done.

What are the reasons for her being re-homed? Is she spayed? If not you need to ensure this is done before re-homing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭leinstergurl

One of the main reasons is that my son has autism and cannot really deal with her, she's started jumping up on him , she's always done it me, despite my bringing her training classes and all. While i could deal with her(although not liking it) i cannot have her jumping up on him, he also has an assistance dog ,the assistance dog is picking up bad habits from her and i can't have that either. No she isnt spayed.

• Advertisement

One of the main reasons is that my son has autism and cannot really deal with her, she's started jumping up on him , she's always done it me, despite my bringing her training classes and all. While i could deal with her(although not liking it) i cannot have her jumping up on him, he also has an assistance dog ,the assistance dog is picking up bad habits from her and i can't have that either. No she isnt spayed.

Please please get her spayed ASAP!!! Theres a Dobermann rescue in Ireland. Did you contact the breeder about taking the dog back? If not then please do this before rehoming. Many breeders have a policy where you must return the dog to them if there is a problem.
    But your main priority is getting her spayed. But this should have been done before now....

http://www.glenfitor.net/RescueDobe.html

Advertisement