Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*****Lesnar Vs. Mir*** Spoiler

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

vflhp wrote: »
    That was not an insult, it was a fact and comparison of out knowledge, and from my short experience discussing MMA with you. As you have already said, this is a discussion forum and I have simply posted my early impressions and I could be wrong. Not intended as an insult at all.

Sorry but you phrased it as an insult
    You are COMPLETELY wrong there. During court proceedings the subjects are not meant to badmouth each other in or out of court. They are not supposed to talk about each other at all outside court! It was a miracle that Lesnar got away with that.

True, but that wasnt badmouthing he was merely giving an assessment on his value. The court clearly agreed.
    A press conference it to promote the new talent, not let him have cheap shots at his previous employer. He further embarrassed himself by proving he was bitter about his abrupt departing from the biggest Pro Wrestling companies on the planet.

Huh and there I was thinking that it was an exercise in self promotion.
    Yes, he was clearly basing that comment at WWE. Unless you can supply another person/company that could have been directed at, I would love to hear and consider it.

It is up you prove your statement. The balance of evidence lies with you.

No, your skipping my posts. I have not said it was his character. I said the personality his character had was brought to reality after he left. He was the top Pro Wrestler in the world at one stage (championship wise).

You are twisting things in all directions here.
    Lesnar is one of those people who are way over their head when it comes to their popularity. He has a bad attitude and a bad personality which has crossed over from storylining to reality.

Yet youve yet to give an example of anything to indicate this from outside the public stage where it would be in his best interest to promote himself. You are the one who is confusing storyline with reality. We are going round in circles here.

Let me restate:

Ok here your whole Brock has this massive ego thing is based of promotional interviews done “in character” and strap lines given to him by promoters. I won’t deny he has a strong self believe in real life but every high level has that don’t they? From what I read everyone who he has trained with said he is a clean slate who listens to everything they teach no matter it was MMA, Pro Wrestling, American Football or Amateur Wrestling and all his ex-workers seem to rooting for him tonight’s as they did in previous fights. When he was in WWE I never heard any backstage gossip that Brock an ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

rovert wrote: »
    Sorry but you phrased it as an insult

True, but that wasnt badmouthing he was merely giving an assessment on his value. The court clearly agreed.

Huh and there I was thinking that it was an exercise in self promotion.

It is up you prove your statement. The balance of evidence lies with you.

You are twisting things in all directions here.

Yet youve yet to give an example of anything to indicate this from outside the public stage where it would be in his best interest to promote himself. You are the one who is confusing storyline with reality. We are going round in circles here.

Let me restate:

Ok here your whole Brock has this massive ego thing is based of promotional interviews done “in character” and strap lines given to him by promoters. I won’t deny he has a strong self believe in real life but every high level has that don’t they? From what I read everyone who he has trained with said he is a clean slate who listens to everything they teach no matter it was MMA, Pro Wrestling, American Football or Amateur Wrestling and all his ex-workers seem to rooting for him tonight’s as they did in previous fights. When he was in WWE I never heard any backstage gossip that Brock an ego.

Right I'm sick of this. I'm not replying to this again. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Neither of us can give each other any value out of this so theres no point of an endless disagreement.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to learn how to quote though :D

No hard feelings?

Right I'm sick of this. I'm not replying to this again. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Neither of us can give each other any value out of this so theres no point of an endless disagreement.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to learn how to quote though :D

No hard feelings?

Agreed Hulk Hogan is immortal :p

My god, Frank Mir tried his best but COULD NOT get close. All that talk. All those cheap shots specifically this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExGD6VU2yB8

Lesnar is incredible, so patient and powerful. A different guy to the man we saw lose in that first fight. Mir was once again battered and bleeding within the first round, he was totally outfought by Lesnar and Lesnar was by far the best winner.

Now all we need is for "true" mma fans to get off their high horse, admit Lesnar is the champion, that he dominated, that he is not a fake fighter and that he totally outfought Mir.

Mir may be excellent at submissions but when you have the discipline and control Lesnar had, it's very hard to get that chance.

To be fair to Mir, he was shutup fair and square and Mir admitted himself at the end "I still have a lot to work on" and was humble in defeat. Fair play to Mir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

My god, Frank Mir tried his best but COULD NOT get close. All that talk. All those cheap shots specifically this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExGD6VU2yB8

Lesnar is incredible, so patient and powerful. A different guy to the man we saw lose in that first fight. Mir was once again battered and bleeding within the first round, he was totally outfought by Lesnar and Lesnar was by far the best winner.

Now all we need is for "true" mma fans to get off their high horse, admit Lesnar is the champion, that he dominated, that he is not a fake fighter and that he totally outfought Mir.

Mir may be excellent at submissions but when you have the discipline and control Lesnar had, it's very hard to get that chance.

To be fair to Mir, he was shutup fair and square and Mir admitted himself at the end "I still have a lot to work on" and was humble in defeat. Fair play to Mir.

you're living in a fantasy world mate. I'd love to see all these posts from 'real' mma fans discrediting brock lesnar. i don't like brock lesnar for the same superficial reasons i dont like cristiano ronaldo , still doesn't affect my ability to appreciate his quality.

• Advertisement

If anything, in this scenario, Mir was the Cristiano Ronaldo and Lesnar was not.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

DoireNod wrote: »
    We'll see what happens tonight. If Mir wins, it proves he's the superior athlete. If Brock wins, it will have to go to best two out of three ;)
    So early in his UFC career and Lesnar already has a 'rival'. I stayed up to watch it and enjoyed the event. Lesnar's strength is crazy and that extra stone or so he had on him evidently helped. It will be interesting to see who's next in line for a title shot. In the stand-up, I thought Mir had him, even catching Lesnar with a flying knee, but Lesnar worked the ground game very well. They're at 1-1 now. I look forward to their next bout.

EDIT:Sorry, I'm new to this 'spoiler' craic.

The annoying thing about this sport is it's so damn addictive and you have to wait ages to see your favourites fight again - it's not like every Saturday when you can watch United play ball.

Dana White also said in the press conference that after Fedor has his fight in August, he will be signing him up. Apparently Fedor is at the end of his Affliction contract. I reckon Fedor will want to fight Brock after watching last night.

Fedor is the one man who would be a serious threat. I reckon he would beat Brock the first time they fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Mir gave his all, Brock just too strong.

Can't say he did himself any favours with his attitude, disgusts me how he goes on. Anyways, rematch will be interesting, be hard to see how Frank can change the result though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

vflhp, New Japan's not scripted? News to me! :pac:
    I'm not surprised by how the fight went. I can't remember seeing someone do as much damage from the position that Brock was in in the first round

Now off to Sherdog to get a few laughs :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sweatingbullets

lesnar is a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭roo1981

Lads I've already seen the event so I dont give a ****e but if ye keep this up someone, somewhere will soon be wailing about visible spoilers in this thread :D

Fozzy wrote: »
    vflhp, New Japan's not scripted? News to me! :pac:

Devitt is the Irish Sakuraba ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

:mad::mad:There is alot of garbage in this thread, looking back a few pages, but it does seem to be back on track now. Will be handing out bannings once I get to read it properly. Spoiler tags added to the thread aswell.

Mir vs Lesnar went pretty much as I expected. I thought Lesnar's post fight interviews in the ring, and the press conferernce were hilarious. Makes me want to drink bud-light. Also am amused at the idea of Dana White going nuts at Lesnar in his dressing room for flipping off the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ok, so who actually has the physicality to beat Lesnar?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

dunkamania wrote: »
    :mad::mad:There is alot of garbage in this thread, looking back a few pages, but it does seem to be back on track now. Will be handing out bannings once I get to read it properly. Spoiler tags added to the thread aswell.

Mir vs Lesnar went pretty much as I expected. I thought Lesnar's post fight interviews in the ring, and the press conferernce were hilarious. Makes me want to drink bud-light. Also am amused at the idea of Dana White going nuts at Lesnar in his dressing room for flipping off the crowd.

Some how i doubt he did, he knows lesnar is gonna sell even more tickets. People love a bad guy. Especial a monster like Lesnar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ferdi wrote: »

Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

No one in ufc. Two men with guns would have trouble beating him!!

Kazooie wrote: »
    No one in ufc. Two men with guns would have trouble beating him!!

Check out these pic for proof
    http://heymanhustle.craveonline.com/photos?func=detail&id=24888#joomimg

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

Fedor Emelianenko would be the only man at the moment who, in my opinion, could beat him. It's a pity that it can't happen, for the moment anyway. Lesner is too big & strong for anyone once he gets them on the mat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

Give him Kongo to chew
    Kongo said he wanted a shot before

and after that Carwin - he's big with good wrestling and a big shot

then if Valasquez has beaten up a few more guys which he will coz he's deadly - give him a shot too

they'll all get beaten - but it'll be fun to watch

and after that .....Fedor - $5 Mill each for showing and another $5 mill for the win - easily do $150 Mill in ppv

then a re-match and then retire healthy and rich !!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,507 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

UFC 100 rerun

Mir vs Lesnar on steanta ireland right now!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

soretoe wrote: »
    and after that .....Fedor - $5 Mill each for showing and another $5 mill for the win - easily do $150 Mill in ppv

You realise that that's the equivalent of doing about 2.5 million PPV buys?

I was watching the fight again there on the repeat, Brock made good use of his own head to control Frank's in the first round. I can't remember seeing that in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

soretoe wrote: »
    Give him Kongo to chew
    Kongo said he wanted a shot before

and after that Carwin - he's big with good wrestling and a big shot

then if Valasquez has beaten up a few more guys which he will coz he's deadly - give him a shot too

they'll all get beaten - but it'll be fun to watch

then a re-match and then retire healthy and rich !!

id love to see kongo also
    he's possibly the best if its a stand up
    but sadly useless on his back which broke
    my heart seeing herring sit on him for the
    entire 3rd round of that fite (watching my money stay with the bookies rather)
    he mustnt be too far off a shot though given
    theres not too many others left that i can
    think of
    its a total waste of time given the likes of
    randy another shot or but nog will be finished
    when randy beats him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

amacachi wrote: »
    Me.
    nah
    even ive beat the crap outa you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Dissapointing fight. I thought Lesnar conducted himself very poorly post fight showing no graciousness whatsoever. He has crossed the line between being a bad ass (good) and a dickhead (bad). His post fight ranting was almost evil and his refusal to touch gloves at the beginning was very direspectful whether Mir was a talker or not. His arrogance knew no bounds. He lost a fan in me last night and suddenly I've become like a fan boy desperately hoping for a saviour to come along and destroy him. I was previously a big Lesnar fan. Something tells me Fedor doesn't have the firepower. Mir was completely outclassed and I had a feeling he would be. What were the chances of Lesnar making the same mistake twice? God help the heavyweight division because he is on a serious rampage and it doesn't look like anyone can stop him. Maybe Anderson Silva or GSP can put on about 4 stone. Failing than its going to be all one way traffic.

On an unrelated note, second place must go to Dan Henderson for knowingly striking a clearly unconscious Bisping on the ground "just to shut him up". This sport is seriously walking a thin line on the sportsmanship side of things. Once a fight is over, its over. You don't have to kiss and make up but at least consider the safety of your fellow professional. In my opinion, what Henderson did was dangerous and completely uncalled for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I know he has chin is like glass but if he could avoid getting hit which i think he could, Arlovski could really smash Lesnar up in the stand up-and he is a big strong man too, not so easy to take down, Fedor struggled to take him down

Apart from that Congo could beat him standing but his take down defense is poor and brock would easily pass guard and finish him. cro cop could have a chance aswell due to his striking power and the fact that the fight starts on there feet!

As much as i dont like Brock and thought he came across as pure trailer trash after his win, he was seriously impressive and finding anyone to beat him will be difficult with his wrestling and strenght and much improved GnP.

Josh barnett could be an outside bet too

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

WWE rarely emphasised his amateur background. Just to be clear you do know that amateur and Pro Wrestling are completely different right?

LoL, the entire sections od DVD's dedicated to it for ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

cowzerp wrote: »
    I know he has chin is like glass but if he could avoid getting hit which i think he could, Arlovski could really smash Lesnar up in the stand up-and he is a big strong man too, not so easy to take down, Fedor struggled to take him down

Apart from that Congo could beat him standing but his take down defense is poor and brock would easily pass guard and finish him. cro cop could have a chance aswell due to his striking power and the fact that the fight starts on there feet!

As much as i dont like Brock and thought he came across as pure trailer trash after his win, he was seriously impressive and finding anyone to beat him will be difficult with his wrestling and strenght and much improved GnP.

Josh barnett could be an outside bet too

Barnett wouldn't stand a chance unfortunately. I think there are half a dozen guys that would beat Lesnar if this was a boxing match or a kick boxing match. Mir is one of those guys but the fight will always hit the deck and when it does Lesnar's opponent is always going to be in real trouble. Love to see Kongo go at him though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 koking

Lesnar had a great performance and is jus too big and strong but his attitude is terrible,really lets the sport down,its not pro wrestling and the sooner he realises people dont show respect to people wit that attitude the better.his management should gag him straight after a fight and throw him back in his cage then people might like him if he didnt open his mouth

Advertisement