Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*****Lesnar Vs. Mir*** Spoiler

Options
  • 11-07-2009 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

So, a poll above! Who will win, Lesnar or Mir???

I would put money on Mir by submission but thats my opinion!

Vote!

And the winner is . . . 77 votes

Lesnar by KO
    0% 0 votes
    Lesnar by TKO
    28% 22 votes
    Lesnar by Submission
    37% 29 votes
    Lesnar by Decision
    1% 1 vote
    Mir by KO
    1% 1 vote
    Mir by TKO
    1% 1 vote
    Mir by Submission
    1% 1 vote
    Mir by Decision
    27% 21 votes
    Draw
    1% 1 vote

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

vflhp wrote: »
    So, a poll above!

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

rovert wrote: »
    :confused:

Ah now give us a minute. Its up now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Lesnar TKO, possible decision.

amacachi wrote: »

You think Mir has the cardio to do 5 rounds?

Can't see it going to the decision imo.

Mir can win, but if Brock gets a few of those hard knocks in, it could go to him in a split second. If it does go to the decision though I can see it being verrrrrrrrrrrry close.

Mir all the way!

• Advertisement

You think Mir has the cardio to do 5 rounds?

Hence the "possible decision". Be surprised to see him go the 5, especially with the mass he seems to have added. I think it just comes down to how attacking Lesnar wants to be.

Hence the "possible decision". Be surprised to see him go the 5, especially with the mass he seems to have added.

Not to mention the mass which will be all over him in Brock. :pac:
    I think it just comes down to how attacking Lesnar wants to be.

Brock isnt going to approach this fight the same way he did with Heath trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Brock will win it via TKO imo.

Hence the "possible decision". Be surprised to see him go the 5, especially with the mass he seems to have added. I think it just comes down to how attacking Lesnar wants to be.

Completely agree, but Mir can be very technical and Lesnar can get worn down fast and I wouldn't be surprised if Lesnar gets docked tons of points in his attempts of countering Mir.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Did you guys see the weigh ins? Frank Mir looks in the best condition i've ever seen him.

My heart says Mir but my head says Lesnar.

Man i hate Lesnar. You can't deny his ability but he's an ass

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Did you guys see the weigh ins? Frank Mir looks in the best condition i've ever seen him.

Got a link to that?

He's in some shape but I'd be surprised if he could get his cardio up to scratch while putting that mass on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He's just using what he learned in pro wrestling. He knows how to sell PPVs.

I'm sure Brock Lesnar is nothing like The Next Big Thing, The Baddest Man on the Planet, UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar!

I can agree with you about Lesnar being an ass, but I still think Mir is the all round athlete here and that Lesnar was overrated in WWE and it has carried over.

MMA has a lot of factors from boxing to BJJ and Lesnar just can't repel everything that Mir throws at him and I can see Mir being the better one here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I'm sure Brock Lesnar is nothing like The Next Big Thing, The Baddest Man on the Planet, UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar!

I think the Brock Lesnar who disrespected Herring and Couture after his fights is the closest to the real Lesnar you will see.

I can agree with you about Lesnar being an ass

And you are basing this on what exactly? Salesmanship on a Countdown special. Mir was hardly the choir boy either.
    but I still think Mir is the all round athlete here

Not the NCAA Champion :eek:
    and that Lesnar was overrated in WWE and it has carried over.

What does this even mean? It is a subjective fake sport.
    I think the Brock Lesnar who disrespected Herring and Couture after his fights is the closest to the real Lesnar you will see.

How did he disrespect Randy?

Herring and his corner were dicks before and during the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

Yeah, he looks like he's been doing a lot of strength and conditioning. And despite this, there's 20lbs (1 stone) difference in them too! :eek:

I'm not Lesnar's biggest fan either, but his strength is scary and his wrestling skills are top-notch. I like Mir though, he has a different attitude to Lesnar. His submission skills are excellent and I'd like to see him win by submission again, but Lesnar will be wary of that aspect (unlike the last time)!

Fedor, I'm afraid. ;)

Can't say I noticed any dissing after the Randy match.

What did Brock weight in at and what's the limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's also what Joe Rogan was calling him in his first few UFC fights.

He may have said Baddest Dude on the Planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Lesnar by decision, hope that Mir knocks him out though :pac:

• Advertisement

What did Brock weight in at and what's the limit?
    265lbs is the limit. Lesnar was right on the button.
    It's also what Joe Rogan was calling him in his first few UFC fights.

Yeah, he won a fan's accolade or something, right? I was just saying that because of the documentary on Fedor.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭OMCCABE

I take Mir by TKO.

DoireNod wrote: »
    Yeah, he won a fan's accolade or something, right? I was just saying that because of the documentary on Fedor.

As Fedor was the first person to be called, right? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

DoireNod wrote: »
    265lbs is the limit. Lesnar was right on the button.

Was thinkin that if Lesnar was at the limit he'll probably go into the fight with an even bigger weight advantage.

As Fedor was the first person to be called, right? :rolleyes:

Naw, no one said anything of the sort. However, at present he is ranked as the number one heavyweight by various MMA analysts and indeed other fighters. He probably won't cement that legacy until he fights in the UFC though.

"And you are basing this on what exactly? Salesmanship on a Countdown special. Mir was hardly the choir boy either."

Lesnar is all talk and not as much action. He disrespects his opponents and has a horrible problem losing

"Not the NCAA Champion :eek:"

Lesnars weight will be an advantage but also a disadvantage. He'll get tired early and that's when Mir will strike the kill. Its simple body science. I also think Mir has a biggers arsenal to wearing his opponents down.

"What does this even mean? It is a subjective fake sport."

Yes, and WWE dubbed him as The Next Big Thing. I'm no fan of WWE but I was back then and it was simply ridiculus. The matches he fought made him out to be an all out monster. When he was first announced his UFC debut a lot of old WWE fans were saying "Ohhh did you see what he did to Goldberg".

It was scripted and not only did ill-informed fans think he was the greatest, he thought that himself.

I can see the fight being delayed because it will take about ten minutes for the referee to fit Lesnars ego into the octagon :D

Lesnars weight will be an advantage but also a disadvantage. He'll get tired early and that's when Mir will strike the kill. Its simple body science. I also think Mir has a biggers arsenal to wearing his opponents down.
    Lesnar's cardio won't be a problem. Or at least I'll be very surprised if it is.
    Yes, and WWE dubbed him as The Next Big Thing. I'm no fan of WWE but I was back then and it was simply ridiculus. The matches he fought made him out to be an all out monster. When he was first announced his UFC debut a lot of old WWE fans were saying "Ohhh did you see what he did to Goldberg".

It was WWE. And really, what fans who knew anything about MMA brought his matches with Goldberg into it other than in an extremely tongue-in-cheek manner?
    I can see the fight being delayed because it will take about ten minutes for the referee to fit Lesnars ego into the octagon :D
    Bet that doesn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Stokes

Brock TKO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

^ Fcuk pro wrestling it's fake bullsiht

Back to the fight - IMO Lesnar via GnP rnd 1

Hope Mir wins though

Advertisement