Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever Decreasing Circles:

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Great running. Would have loved to run this morning but family commitments ruled.

Try out SportsTracks as an alternate software for your upload and it might work. Its freebie and PC based, not browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Great running Beepbeep. You're in solid marathon short distance running shape. Do you have Garmin Training Centre Installed? I generally send the data to training centre as well, just as a backup. So if anything fails on the upload, at least you will have the run saved on your local machine, which you can later export and upload manually to Garmin Connect/sportstracks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Do you have Garmin Training Centre Installed? I generally send the data to training centre as well, just as a backup. So if anything fails on the upload, at least you will have the run saved on your local machine, which you can later export and upload manually to Garmin Connect/sportstracks etc.

Yep have that installed, the funny thing is going through that it shows split 9 as a 2mile split (but not in the total time and distance), although during the run I got splits at every mile and knew I went through 16miles on the watch. I see on Google Maps & Earth that the 16.1 miles were run:confused::confused::confused:.
    I can only think that I accidentially deleted a split, can't think how though. as I stopped to stretch and watch went into powersave mode and I just popped it beside the PC at home.
    I'm gettin' over it - guess I'll just have to do it again next week :rolleyes:.

Sun Nov 29th

After several attempts to get going this morning, there was only one thing for it!
    Have a nice bowl of stew and settle down to watch the Merseyside derby, poor performance, but it's the result that counts :D.
    Anyway after that did get out the door for a wet and breezy 7.1 miles recovery run.

WTD - 47.7
    MTD - 146.8
    YTD - 1715.5

Mon Nov 30th

Easy recovery run to Ashford and back, happy enough with November considering I was recovering from injury and only ran 12miles in the first week, but ended up over 150 for the month.

Nov - 153.9

• Advertisement

Tues Dec 1st

December already and not a child in house washed!
    Bit of a Brucie Bonus tonight did not expect to be having a mild dry run, so sweated up a bit in my layers.
    Just headed out the door with no plan in mind, ended running up the black castle and done 6 x .75mile loops of Dunbar Rd and Castle St, nice climb up and down, took it handy working a little bit extra on uphills.
    7.1miles @ 8:11 pace.

Weds Dec 2nd

Felt a little tired going into this one, I think a combination of increasing the mileage, stringing 8 days together (1st 5day + since the injury) and a sh1ty evening had me in that fame of mind. Planned to run about 8 miles, but bailed out shortly after 5.5. Ran from Whitegates across the Leitrim and along the Morrough, was starting to get dark and there was a heavy mist/drizzle, so visibility and footing weren't great, so the slow pace suited me, eerie view turning back to Wicklow, dusk, mist and the glow from harbour spotlights as some cargo was been henched off a boat would have been a magic camera moment - that was the highlight of the run tonight.

Thinking ahead - I'm finding base training tough from a motivational perspective, it's feeling like chore, so think I'll pop an Interval session in over the next few days, also just found out the club will hold a 5k Christmas handicap next Thurs, so that's something to look forward to - will make a call after that whether I run the Senior XC on the 20th, but more than likely will do the Tom Brennan on NYD, just to keep me on the straight and narrow over Christmas.
    Have decided to skip the Raheny 5 as I'll be in India for 10 days from the 10th of Jan and know I'll just fit in about 5 30min treadmill jaunts, so I'm pencilling in the 10k in Enniscorthy (Valentine's WE?).

Popped into Elvery's today to look at the Horizon II treadmill, reduced from 1200 to 599, looks sturdy and folds, decision now is between that and the Powertrek on Irish Sports direct which has a 3hp motor versus the 1.75 on the Horizon.

Sorry bit of a brain dump tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Irish Sports direct which has a 3hp motor versus the 1.75 on the Horizon.

Because I have a Horizon I would highly recommend them and I'm nearly sure you get a lifetime warranty/guarantee (can't remember) on the motor because they are that sure of the motor, you should send thirstyworker a pm regarding treadmill purchase.

Enniscorthy 10k is pencilled in for 14th Feb, but its on early in the day so you shouldn't lose brownie points.

If you do buy the treadie, remember its not just for Christmas. It'll take up a sizeable space in the gaff for quite a while after. Despite the OH disagreements about it from time to time, its a worthwhile investment IMO.

Night time hillrun from Balinastoe to Djouce, great fun, great climbing and like entering two different worlds with the difference in conditions from the nice sheltered carpark to the artic like conditions at the top.
    6.8 miles

• Advertisement

Sat Dec 5th

Out early due to family commitments today, so a longish easy run of 15.17 miles in 1:58:31 (7:48pace), nice morning for a trot, but I felt a little underdressed on the way back into chilly head wind.

Cr@py run this evening: Since yesterday I have driven 300miles, spent about 5hrs walking around shopping malls, had a McDonalds, a Burger King and packet of wine gums and box of popcorn, about 1ltr of Coke and bottle of wine. So got home and had a short window before the OH was heading off to James Morrison, planned to run 8 in 1hr, but as I farted, belched and hobbled up the road with a stitch after 1 mile, I threw in towel just after 2 miles. 4.72 miles @ walking pace!

The only 2 positives since finishing yesterday's run and starting this one were:
    1. If you have kids, get yourself to Planet 51, in fact if you don't have kids go anyway, it's actually not that great, but if you want to switch off for 90mins and forget about life and not having to worry about a complicated plot, you'll achieve that!
    2. After a final round of negotiations with the OH, where she says she will also use the treadmill, we made the splash, when it arrives in about 2 weeks - I'll post a full report!

WTD - 46.6
    MTD - 39.5
    YTD - 1762.1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Shows how diet really can effect your running doesn't it? I think a lot of it is psychological though, you're thinking you've eaten crap so your run will be affected and thus it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

, had a McDonalds, a Burger King and packet of wine gums and box of popcorn, about 1ltr of Coke and bottle of wine.
    i feel ur pain

I think a lot of it is psychological though,

If only! :D
    I think I'll have to punish myself tomorrow!

If only! :D
    I think I'll have to punish myself tomorrow!

20 miles should make you feel better. Go on, I dare you.

20 miles should make you feel better. Go on, I dare you.

eh hello - this is BeepBeep not Tunguska - I'm thinking it's time to return to the track, anyone up for 6 x 800 @ 2:45 - 2:50 in Charlesland @ 6 bells?

eh hello - this is BeepBeep not Tunguska - I'm thinking it's time to return to the track, anyone up for 6 x 800 @ 2:45 - 2:50 in Charlesland @ 6 bells?

Thats why it's a dare. :pac:

Thats why it's a dare. :pac:

You win :p, long runs and I don't socialize in same circles.

The plan was to do 6 x 800 at I pace (2:54), looking back it's àlmost 9 weeks since I done a structured interval session and 6 weeks since my injury and 4 weeks of endurance type training, so maybe I was hitting the track with rose tinted glasses and that turned out to be the case. So hit a cold, windy Charlesland at 6 bells and warmed up for 2.4k in the dark followed by some stretching. The first interval seemed handy and a combination of the wrong settings on my watch and the dark meant I had no idea of my pace and it turned out to be 3:07. Try as much as I could I failed to hit the mark for the next 4 (3:00, 3:00, 3:02, 3:02), at least they were consistent, managed to get in 1 at 2:54 for the last one. So I'm putting tonight down as a benchmark, tried hard, but plently of room for improvement C-. 10.15k.

6 x 800m

• Advertisement

10.7k of an uninteresting run after a long day in work - when do the clocks go forward :confused::confused::confused:

You should have joined my interesting run so. Twas on your way home and all ;)

Felt wrecked yesterday evening so took an unplanned day off, a combination of work, trying to fight off a chest something or other and I'm convinced I'm a SAD sufferer has me at a low point and I know my running feels tougher than it should.
    Anyway dragged myself out the door this evening after another 12hr stint, 9.87k with 8 x 420mts thrown in which were really hard going 4 uphill and 4 in reverse, anyhoo I'll keep plugging away and keep stuffing my body full of Vitamin C and Multi-Vitamins!

10.72k just for the sake of running - @ 4:57 pace, looking forward to seeing some daylight on my runs for the weekend.

Sat Dec 12th

Busy day ahead - so 16.4k before breakfast 77:14 (4:43k/7:35M pace)

Good Luck to everyone doing the Aware 9k!!!

Today was a recovery day in every sense of the word, Christmas night out last night with the neighbours involved, mulled wine, white wine and Miller. So when I eventually convinced myself to get out, post putting up the Christmas lights, I was feeling wrecked. So headed to Devil's Glen and realised pretty quickly that I wasn't up to much, so I just slowed it down and enjoyed the scenery - 8.5k @ 5:29 per k pace, with 818mts of climbing.

WTD - 41.2
    MTD - 80.6
    YTD - 1803.3

Ha. Almost feel sorry for you ;)
    818mts? That sounds like you were doing constant hill repeats :confused:

Worked out like that alright - felt like there was very few flat sections and from the river back to the main road is a cheeky little climb!

11.3k at a slow pace, still feel like I'm plodding along, it's all a bit of struggle at the moment, but the chest seems to be clearing up - I'll do another interval session on Weds and decide after that if I'll run the County Senior XC on Sunday

• Advertisement

9.23k at lunch time due to time constraints - 4:38 per k pace.

Advertisement