Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson's Kids

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lochaber

I gotta say, this is really is the most ridiculous thread I've ever read, 25 pages of debate over something that no-one knows that answer (and unlike some subjects, there is a definite answer)

People are quoting stuff that was said in his trial. He was acquitted at that trial. Do we know better than the people who were actually at the trial and heard all the evidence?

I don't know if he did what he was accused of or not... but there really is no way of any of us here knowing. Do we know Michael Jackson? Do we know the alleged victims? Were we there when it allegedly happened? No? Then we don't know any better than anyone else. Whether we think he's innocent or not we really can't know! I mean, unless I'm way off base here, none of us actually have access to any evidence whatsoever.

And same with his kids, have we seen the paternity tests? were we there at the conception? No? Then we don't know. Course TMZ might have paternity tests... We'll have to keep checking to see.

It is worth mentioning though that mixed race people can have white skin, Ryan Giggs and Jade Goody are just two examples. Again, this is a fact!

And btw - yes! Half-caste is offensive. Absolutely offensive. It's a fact, it means impure. How is that not offensive? You don't have to be sensitive to think that. I prefer mixed... but to be specific, Eurasian!

Just to mention briefly to Walshb though... I know you're claiming that people who don't think he was a peadophile are in the minority... Looking at the outpourings of the last week, you may not be correct in that assumption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

walshb wrote: »
    Well, I will say one thing, you do know how to debate in a mature and civilised manner and don't resort to the crying and moaning lke some on
    this thread when you disagree that MJ was a great person.

Only MJ and those kids know exactly what went on; but whatever did go on, it was far from normal adult behaviour. I believe that he was a pervert and I think you would be in the minority, not believing.

Just too much happened and escalated for me to believe that it was
    all just innocent

I might be in a minority, though judging by the news coverage of his funeral, I'm not.

There is a big jump between Jackson being far from adult behaviour, and being a pervert. The fact is he was put on trial for abuse once and acquitted, acquitted for all charges too, iirc, despite extensive searches of his property.

It's a real pity so much of what Jackson was, and will be remembered for, is tabloid manufactured nonsense. Will be interesting to see what comes out in the next few months.

Lochaber wrote: »
    I gotta say, this is really is the most useless thread I've ever read.

You're quoting stuff that was said in his trial. He was acquitted at that trial. Do you know better than the people who were actually at the trial and heard all the evidence?

I don't know if he did what he was accused of or not... but there really is no way of any of us here knowing. Do you know Michael Jackson? Do you know the alleged victims? Were you there when it allegedly happened? No? Then you don't know any better than anyone else. All of you!

And same with his kids, have you seen the paternity tests? were you there at the conception? No? Then you don't know.

It is worth mentioning though that mixed race people can have white skin, Ryan Giggs and Jade Goody are just two examples. Again, this is a fact!

And btw - yes! Half-caste is offensive. Absolutely offensive. It's a fact, it means impure. How is that not offensive? You don't have to be sensitive to think that. I prefer mixed... but to be specific, Eurasian!

Just to mention briefly to Walshb though... I know you're claiming that people who don't think he was a peadophile are in the minority... Looking at the outpourings of the last week, you may not be correct in that assumption.

Danny Cipriani's father is black too, you can kinda see it when it's pointed out, but I would have picked him for being white too.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,912 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Lochaber wrote: »

Outpourings? From a bunch of celebs who are forever craving the
    limelight. Thre will always be those who support folks even though they
    know in their heart that the person is a "whatever." Just look at the celebrations from certain sections when OJ was acquitted! It doesn't surprise me in the least and I bet if those who supported Jacko were being honest and truthful, then they wouldn't be able to say with a straight face that he was
    innocent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Change that to thos ecelebrities coming forward now and saying Michael was their friend when in fact he was completely isolated and lonely the last ten years and you'd be right.

he's not a paedophile. Get over it and grow up. Or STFU up unless you have proof.

The topic of Mj always brings out the very worst of the mental midgets in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

This Thread has 1 hour left.
    Say what you need to say within that time frame and be done with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

I think there's people who will always believe Michael Jackson was a child molestor, no matter what. I also believe people there are Michael Jackson apologists who will defend everything he's done no matter what. I think both would benefit from opening their minds a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

It depends on context though. When I rowed I used to shower with adults when I was in my early teens, as I imagine, did most people in sporting clubs, in that context there was nothing sexual about it. You see something sexual in Jackson's actions, but that doesn't mean there was something sexual in the actions.

I'm fairly confident, just from reading about Jackson, and some limited knowledge of rape cases, sexual abuse cases etc, that Jackson wasn't a pervert.

believe again Walsh, you know you want to!

There's a difference between showering as a teenager in a sports club,and asking a 9 year old boy to shower with you at home as an adult!!

I can admit that knowing a lot of people who have been abused as kids might influence my feelings of him,but their descriptions of their abusers are exactly the same as Michael Jackson: some-one who's a big kid,who wants to be your friend, who lavishes attention on you, who is so good to you that when he does something really bad to you you are confused and don't know if that comes with love etc. He is CLASSIC. Open your eyes.

I might be in a minority, though judging by the news coverage of his funeral, I'm not.

There is a big jump between Jackson being far from adult behaviour, and being a pervert. The fact is he was put on trial for abuse once and acquitted, acquitted for all charges too, iirc, despite extensive searches of his property.

It's a real pity so much of what Jackson was, and will be remembered for, is tabloid manufactured nonsense. Will be interesting to see what comes out in the next few months.

Hmmm I like the way you skipped over the other TWO kids he paid out millions to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

Hmmm I like the way you skipped over the other TWO kids he paid out millions to.
    You mean, the two kids his insurance companies settled out of court with, right? Jackson had little to no say in the matter. One who's father went and demanded money from Jackson before the allegations were made public?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

So what do you expect them to say to the world,"My daddy is a freak and is a horrible parent.":rolleyes:

No, I wouldn't expect her to say that, because I don't believe he was a horrible parent or a 'freak', at least not in the eyes of his kids.

Forgive me for taking the words of a child who has just lost her father at face value over the rantings of a randomer on a message board. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Like I said, I'm usually quite cynical about these things, but it seemed like genuine emotion to me, and she seemed to really believe her dad was great. Maybe he didn't fit your definition of a brilliant parent or whatever but the girl obviously loved her dad- that should be enough. I've also read accounts of how good he was with his kids. So *shrug* despite all the weirdness, when it came down to it, he seemed like a good father.
    I saw a choreographed and staged affair and there was something lacking, sincerity, genuineness and class. It was out and out weird, as expected.

Wow, a huge celebrity funeral that was choreographed and staged?!:eek:

Shock-horror!

I don't know what was that weird about it either- people sang and spoke about him- pretty much like any other funeral, albeit on a massive scale. He was such a super-star - it was par for the course really.
    That child was well well rehearsed and I don't have anything bad to say about the children. They are just children. It's those in charge that
    I would question.

It didn't seem rehearsed to me- she burst into tears and basically walked off stage. I doubt they planned it, tbh.

Reading these kind of posts makes me sort of realize why Jackson kept the kids' faces covered- now that the world knows who they are, they're probably going to be subject to the same speculation and ridicule that their dad was, poor things.

The fact of the matter is, you have no idea what went on in their family (and neither do I)- but I'm inclined to take Paris' words as genuine. Y'know, seeing as she's the one who actually knew Jackson as a father, not you.

Anyways, I'm off to listen to some MJ. :D

Toodles.

There's a difference between showering as a teenager in a sports club,and asking a 9 year old boy to shower with you at home as an adult!!

I can admit that knowing a lot of people who have been abused as kids might influence my feelings of him,but their descriptions of their abusers are exactly the same as Michael Jackson: some-one who's a big kid,who wants to be your friend, who lavishes attention on you, who is so good to you that when he does something really bad to you you are confused and don't know if that comes with love etc. He is CLASSIC. Open your eyes.

Please re-read my post.

I was pointing out that context is key in these matters. You don't know the context so you can't say what happened.

If I had just told you I used to shower with men when I was a young teen, you could have easily imagined I too had been abused, but placed in it's correct context you can see it's a normal thing that happens in every sports club in the country.

I like the way you can't accept he was acquitted of the only charges he was brought to Court over.

If you look up the two Coreys, Corey Haim heavily hints that he was raped by Michael Jackson. Why has he not accused him? Well if you've ever been abused you'll know how extremely hard it is to talk about it.

Countdown to the end of thread.

10 minutes.

If you look up the two Coreys, Corey Haim heavily hints that he was raped by Michael Jackson. Why has he not accused him? Well if you've ever been abused you'll know how extremely hard it is to talk about it.

And one of them went to the memorial.

You're reading way too much into some interviews. The people who knew he said he was a good father.

This is at an end, now Beat It.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement