Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson's Kids

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,353 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

It's gone very serious for an AH thread.

The King of tots pop would not be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,156 ✭✭✭✭walshb

T-K-O wrote: »
    What does an interested child do at their parents funeral ?? Why would you assume he is a dreadful parent, warped track record ? we actually know very little fact about the guy.

If someone like Tom Hanks died tomorrow and his kid chewed guys I do not think the same accusations would fly around.

Do you bother reading. I said for all we know he COULD have been
    a dreadful parent. What gets me is the absolute knowing claimed by some, that he was a great and loving parent. Nobody knows how good or involved or loving he was. If I was asked, and going on his track record, I wouldn't be so sure that he was all that good a parent. The guy had a unhealthy and unnatural view of children. He wasn't close to being the normal kind
    of parent. This is what I would imagine. His track record does not bode well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

What does an interested child do at their parents funeral ?? Why would you assume he is a dreadful parent, warped track record ? we actually know very little fact about the guy.

If someone like Tom Hanks died tomorrow and his kid chewed guys I do not think the same accusations would fly around.

I think there would be accusations flying about that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Puddleduck wrote: »
    Are you honestly saying that Micheal Jackson was all there? No personality/mental problems what so ever?

Where did I say that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

walshb wrote: »
    The guy had a unhealthy and unnatural view of children.

How so?

• Advertisement

I think there would be accusations flying about that. :D

:D you get the point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Where did I say that ?

Your comparison to Tom Hanks, who up to date has been seen as fairly stable mentally. Of course the accusations are flying. Micheal jackson didnt seem to be all there mentally. While he did some questionable things with children, he also seemed far too immature to be any kind of decent parent. He never had any kind of adult realationship. Hardly a stable enviroment to bring kids into

Do you bother reading. I said for all we know he COULD have been
    a dreadful parent. What gets me is the absolute knowing claimed by some, that he was a great and loving parent. Nobody knows how good or involved or loving he was. If I was asked, and going on his track record, I wouldn't be so sure that he was all that good a parent. The guy had a unhealthy and unnatural view of children. He wasn't close to being the normal kind
    of parent. This is what I would imagine. His track record does not bode well

We are all speculating here - the difference being you always seek the negative. I need a reason to seek the negative, I do not chase after it.

I'll assume that Jacksons kids are just as happy as my next door neighbor. Why wouldn't I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

He never had any kind of adult realationship.

he had lots of stable adult relationships :confused:

We are all speculating here - the difference being you always seek the negative. I need a reason to seek the negative, I do not chase after it.

I'll assume that Jacksons kids are just as happy as my next door neighbor. Why wouldn't I.

If your next door neighbour had been accused of child molestation, bleached his skin, walked around with a mask over his face, hung his children from the balcony, had a pet monkey, kept hanging out of his crotch all the time, had random kids sleeping in his bed with him, talked like a lunatic, thought he was Peter Pan, would you not see that as reason enough to seek the negative??

I would!!! i'd be very afraid to leave my kids anywhere near him.

• Advertisement

togster wrote: »

Bubbles doesnt count :D

togster wrote: »

Should have said, with women. He never really dated anyone. And those that he did have adult realationships with the one thing I hear them say over and over is 'he was very child like'

Your comparison to Tom Hanks, who up to date has been seen as fairly stable mentally. Of course the accusations are flying. Micheal jackson didnt seem to be all there mentally. While he did some questionable things with children, he also seemed far too immature to be any kind of decent parent. He never had any kind of adult realationship. Hardly a stable enviroment to bring kids into

Take any celeb - they are hardly stable environments to bring up kids.

To many people believed to much of the press about Jacko. The same press that called him a child molester are now calling him a saint.

The thing lots of people are basing their opinions of Jacko based on the press

If your next door neighbour had been accused of child molestation, bleached his skin, walked around with a mask over his face, hung his children from the balcony, had a pet monkey, kept hanging out of his crotch all the time, had random kids sleeping in his bed with him, talked like a lunatic, thought he was Peter Pan, would you not see that as reason enough to seek the negative??

Do you know Paddy ?

Do you know Paddy ?

Ah you have no come back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

If Michael Jackson were to actually be your neighbor though, you'd pretty much have to take away all the attributes of his life that made him who he was and why he acted so strangely.

You simply can't put Michael Jackson in the boots of another person and expect to model the behavior or lifestyle. He was pretty much the most unique person in the most unique set of circumstances.

In short, if Michael Jackson were your neighbor, it wouldn't be Michael Jackson.

Exactly, I do have a comeback but its not that simple.

My point was just because its MJ doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt from me. In relation to that - I treat the guy like my neighbour.

Sir Molle wrote: »
    If Michael Jackson were to actually be your neighbor though, you'd pretty much have to take away all the attributes of his life that made him who he was and why he acted so strangely.

You simply can't put Michael Jackson in the boots of another person and expect to model the behavior or lifestyle. He was pretty much the most unique person in the most unique set of circumstances.

In short, if Michael Jackson were your neighbor, it wouldn't be Michael Jackson.

I didnt say if michael Jackson was your neighbour.
    You havent understood the point at all, LOL, yeh if MJ were your neighbour he wouldnt be MJ. OBVIOUSLY!!!

My point was, if you had a neighbour that acted like MJ, you wouldnt be so understanding, he'd be condemned and prob run out of the neighbourhood, but just because MJ is a celeb you make excuses for him.

Its hypocracy!!!

Exactly, I do have a comeback but its not that simple.

My point was just because its MJ doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt from me. In relation to that - I treat the guy like my neighbour.

So your neighbour Paddy has been accused of child molestation?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,353 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is Paddy tagged?

• Advertisement

I didnt say if michael Jackson was your neighbour.
    You havent understood the point at all, LOL, yeh if MJ were your neighbour he wouldnt be MJ. OBVIOUSLY!!!

My point was, if you had a neighbour that acted like MJ, you wouldnt be so understanding, he'd be condemned and prob run out of the neighbourhood, but just because MJ is a celeb you make excuses for him.

Its hypocracy!!!
    My point is that your little hypothetical situation would never occur and is impossible because Michael Jackson was the most unique person we've ever seen.

My point is that your little hypothetical situation would never occur and is impossible because Michael Jackson was the most unique person we've ever seen.

Her point still stands. While he was treated differently the fact that he was a celebrity let him get away with so much

Yes it could occur, there's plenty of weirdos around the place, he was just a famous one.
    Which part of what i mentioned is impossible??

Her point still stands. While he was treated differently the fact that he was a celebrity let him get away with so much
    It wasn't the fact that he was a celebrity so much as it was the fact that his upbringing makes it understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

I gotta ask, how do yu know that they clearly loved him to bits?

Looking at the eldest lad chewing the gum having a laugh didn't look to
    me like he gave a toss.

Imo Prince Michael looked like he was very upset and was clearly still in shock, a typical reaction for a twelve year old who is still reeling from the loss of a parent.

From my own experience of losing a parental figure at that age I would say that I behaved the exact same way at the funeral (and believe me I gave a toss).

Maybe he wanted to grieve in his own way privately.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

they're his biological kids all right.
    http://www.usmagazine.com/files/jackson-b_5.jpg

That young guy is the spit off him, and the older guy has his (pre surgery) nose.

Yes it could occur, there's plenty of weirdos around the place, he was just a famous one.
    Which part of what i mentioned is impossible??
    The part where you could have someone who in any way resembles who Michael Jackson was with out all the attention he gathered.

It wasn't the fact that he was a celebrity so much as it was the fact that his upbringing makes it understandable.

It might be understandable but it was inexusable that people allowed it to continue. If he were my neighbour I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving children in his care, he may have loved kids but it dosent make him suitable to look after them

The part where you could have someone who in any way resembles who Michael Jackson was with out all the attention he gathered.

So you're saying you couldnt have a neighbour who was accused of child molestation, who owned a monkey, who hung his kids out of the balcony, who thought he was Peter Pan??
    If you can have neighbours like Rosemary and Fred West then anythings possible.

• Advertisement

So you're saying you couldnt have a nighbour who was accused of child molestation, who owned a monkey, who hung his kids out of the balcony, who thought he was Peter Pan??
    If you can have neighbours like Rosemary and Fred West then anythings possible.
    I'm saying that you couldn't have a neighbor like Michael Jackson, unless you lived beside neverland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement