Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your worst injury

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Was probably 11 or 12 at the time, over the handlebars on a bike, landed head first onto the edge of concrete steps (with no helmet)

Ended up with a fractured skull and jaw, fun fun.

There's a small piece missing from the steps tho! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Fell off a wall when i was ten and broke my left hand..fell off a ladder a couple of years ago and broke both bones in my right arm..had a door slammed on my fingers and lost tip off one of the fingers..got whiplash in a car accident..lost count of how many times i tore ligaments in my ankles playing soccer over the years..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

ottostreet wrote: »
    What kind of bike? What road?

I jest!

lol.. its just an unusual injury and explanation so was interested!
    Yeh fair enough i'll let ye away with it :D
    :pac:
    :pac: yourself! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I got my hair cut short once.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Some injuries were natural broken bones, the usual kids stuff and also such things as bad infections that nearly killed me.
    Some injuries were caused by others out to kill me. They failed, I won. Worst actual injury came from being shot at one of the occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭areu4real?

Fractured skull twice - Once when i was 2, decided that my high chair wasn't that high at all. Second time i fell off the back of a milk truck at about 6 years old, still remember that egg breaking sound.
    Tore cruciates in my knee playing indoor football.
    Tore ligaments in my ankle playing GAA
    Broken nose,broken knuckle, fun night.
    Shattered ankle jumping from a height. 2 operations and some screws, plates and wires.
    Two broken ribs falling from a tree and landing on a branch
    Dislocated shoulder, bro punched me. Can still pop it out.
    Broken arm, fibia and tibia. Slippped on wet dancefloor 2 plates and 18 screws.
    Broken metatarsal, some heifer stood on it in a nightclub.
    Also needed head stitches 3 other times from random head bangs.
    And no, I'm not James Bond
    Or am i? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

galwayrush wrote: »

Samson:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Dislocated kneecap, twice.
    Broke my coccyx when I slipped off the pedal doing a wheelie. Coccyx slammed against the pointy end of the saddle. Couldn't walk for 3 weeks.
    Fell out of a tree onto my head - headache for two weeks. Do you think my mother would bring me to a doctor? "Dispirin will do ya"

areu4real? wrote: »
    Fractured skull twice - Once when i was 2, decided that my high chair wasn't that high at all. Second time i fell off the back of a milk truck at about 6 years old, still remember that egg breaking sound.
    Tore cruciates in my knee playing indoor football.
    Tore ligaments in my ankle playing GAA
    Broken nose,broken knuckle, fun night.
    Shattered ankle jumping from a height. 2 operations and some screws, plates and wires.
    Two broken ribs falling from a tree and landing on a branch
    Dislocated shoulder, bro punched me. Can still pop it out.
    Broken arm, fibia and tibia. Slippped on wet dancefloor 2 plates and 18 screws.
    Broken metatarsal, some heifer stood on it in a nightclub.
    Also needed head stitches 3 other times from random head bangs.
    And no, I'm not James Bond
    Or am i? :cool:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OQFmCfEWnIU/Sdj9C1GJZ7I/AAAAAAAAAk8/ZW4fwMeDVrw/s320/SM1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Yeh fair enough i'll let ye away with it :D

:pac: yourself! :p

yeah but you got double whameyed :D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Died a couple of times, made a full recovery though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Oct 07, Broken Clavicle (Collarbone) whilst playing rugby,got tackled and then some fat bastard on the other team dived on top of me,and I'm pretty sure there was a rock underneath me,anywho........

My shoulder is still completely ****ed up and it still hurts while I type this!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

KTRIC wrote: »
    Died a couple of times, made a full recovery though.

You've been watching Torchwood haven't you Jack?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Blender and penis are two words that feature predominantly in my worst injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

were you making a Cock-Tail

*gets coat*

Me too. Shame really; I loved that blender.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Cracked my skull when i was a kid. Since then i twisted my knee.... That's just about it. I guess you can say im risk adverse. The head injury will be used in the future when they catch me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sleipnir wrote: »
    Me too. Shame really; I loved that blender.

Soup was never the same. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Badly sprained both ankles....... Twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

stepbar wrote: »
    Badly sprained both ankles....... Twice.

Same as me! Except I only sprained them once. Luckily, I sprained one first and then a month later, sprained the other. I still had the crutches from the first sprain. Handy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

FFS You need to explain that one...... or maybe not:eek:

Was probably 11 or 12 at the time, over the handlebars on a bike, landed head first onto the edge of concrete steps (with no helmet)

Ended up with a fractured skull and jaw, fun fun.

There's a small piece missing from the steps tho! :D

Great Success!

I dislocated my shoulder in a kickboxing tournament (After my fight)
    The pain was so bad I puked.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

was in goals in football and some arse kicked the ball into my palm from 2 yards and broke my wrist.

as a courageous man i went outfield and played on with a broken wrist, then i realised soon that it was a retarded idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Walking home from a nightclub years ago with a complete skinful on me. Took a short cut across a field only to be faced by a eight foot high spiked fence. No problem.

Swung the first leg over no bother. Other foot slipped and I impaled myself on the spike. Removed myself from spike. Missed my knackers by two inches and the hole in my leg was about the size of an old Irish pound coin.

Ah happy days....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

galwayrush wrote: »
    When i was younger my father used to do the hair cutting in our house,i remember one time he said to me come here and I'll give you a trim,fcukin disaster worst haircut i ever got i ran up stairs and cried my eyes out knowing the slagging i would get in school the next day.sure enough i got slaughtered next day.still sticks in the memory it was so bad..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

Split my forehead twice before I was three. Broke both bones in my lower left leg when I was seven "my welly twisted backwards mammy". Broke my hand, twisted both ankles badly, stuck to the banister in the morning for the first descent of the day. Cut off my knuckle with a knife- ouch down to the bone. Thanks to hurling too many lacerations and bruises to mention. Thanks to cheffing too many cuts and burns to mention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I stuck a splinter of wood in my brothers eye when he was 6. Nearly blinded him :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Ddad wrote: »
    Split my forehead twice before I was three. Broke both bones in my lower left leg when I was seven "my welly twisted backwards mammy". Broke my hand, twisted both ankles badly, stuck to the banister in the morning for the first descent of the day. Cut off my knuckle with a knife- ouch down to the bone. Thanks to hurling too many lacerations and bruises to mention. Thanks to cheffing too many cuts and burns to mention.

ever notice when your on service you don't even have time to think about your burns then when you finish up you start to feel really does put mind of matter into sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Got dropped in a Lineout playing rugby once, broke my collarbone and dislocated my shoulder

And the occasional boot in the nuts after boozily sleazing upon some woman..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

Cracked my left elbow, hurt like hell. I knew something was up when my left arm locked up at a 45 degree angle! Still locks up every now and then.

:rolleyes:

Advertisement