Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your worst injury

Options
  • 06-07-2009 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

When I was seven I was playing football in my friends back garden . I was clean through on goal when I fell over and landed on my head.
    I put both my hands on the ground and went to push myself up and then fell to one side without any pain. I look at my left arm to see what happened ans noticed that I had dislocated my elbow and the bone was had split my skin . I sat in A & E in temple street for 4 hrs puking from shock and it took the doctors 2 hrs to put it back into place

so how and what happened to you ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

As a Joiner, lots of pretty bad cuts,mainly to hands, fingers. thankfully never cut my dick off like that mad idiot in the papers today.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Once I got a pretty deep papercut

that mother STUNG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Oh and I stapled my hand to a carpet using a staple gun. ( the skin between my thumb and my finger)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i cut one of my dicks off cos the woman didn't like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I tore my ACL playing football a few years ago.

Had to stop playing and even now my knee buckles every so often even if I'm just walking normally.

Its a right pain in the....leg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

horse stepping on my hand, giant blue bruise on my thumb
    or the horse throwing me into a wall... or skidding over and falling on top of me...
    that and falling on my head on concrete :(
    All many years ago though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

stepped on a plug

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

bleg wrote: »
    stepped on a plug

I feel your pain, done that too many times.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Broke a wrist. Had to have an operation to realign it. Feck all pain, although the adrenilane was running I suppose.

Got a few weeks off work which made me consider breaking it more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,821 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Broken leg as a baby.

Walloped in the head with a hurley in 3rd class.

Several twisted and sprained ankles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Fell off a 2 metre high wall when I was three and as good as scalped myself with the amount of skin left on my head. My nose was broken from it and it's still crooked so those acetate glasses frames make it look super obvious :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭BaileysComet

I fell from a horse, my helmet fell off, I hit head on the metal frame of a nearby swing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Car crash broke both my legs(femurs) and my clavical. Ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Had a fight with my cousin when i was 13. She went to kick me as i went to kick her and i tripped and broke my ankle. Stood up and heard a big crack. It was my shinbone cracking.

Broke my collarbone when i was 7 trying to do handstands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

galwayrush wrote: »
    As a Joiner, lots of pretty bad cuts,mainly to hands, fingers. thankfully never cut my dick off like that mad idiot in the papers today.:eek:

That's good news - you're still of some use then haha! ;)

I've only broken one bone in my life - my brother shoved me into the side of a door in my house and shattered my baby toe.

It was at a 90 degree angle to the rest of my foot :(

Other than that, I've been pretty lucky - although, getting Scarlet Fever last year was pretty scary stuff! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skally-wag

I tore my cruciate ligament while playing football.
    fell off a horse and hit my arm off a jump. I broke it badly so had to get pins in my elbow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭g-whizz

i touched a bench grinder when it was still on when i was three. as a result my right index finger is a bit shorter and stubbier than my left.

was 6 with my best friend and we were messing with stones at school. shiit school i know. so the bell went and we went to throw the stones into the drain behind some trees. i threw mine in, and i stood to the side beside some trees. he was taking he time, so i looked out and got a stone right in the forehead. back in class a girl fainted because of all the blood all over. i've a little crevass in the top of my head now.

stubbing my fuucking toe is up there with the most painful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Tripped on some concrete steps when I was a kid and broke my fall with my mouth. Needed several stitches on my upper gum after.
    Two weeks later I tripped on the same steps and wisely broke my fall with my forehead this time. Cue more stitches.
    Broke my back when I was 27 too. Lots of stitches for that one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I broke my spine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I broke my spine

How did you break your spine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

2 prolapsed lumbar discs, dislocated hip, dislocated pelvis all at the same time, yeah the pain it was painful all right, as in excruteating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I fell from a horse, my helmet fell off, I hit head on the metal frame of a nearby swing. :(

I'm curious...how tall was the horse?

Mine would be when I was 8 or 9. Was at my cousins communion in a church near Waterford. He had a broken leg so was on crutches. As a boisterous 8 or 9 year old, I got into a running match with my cousins younger brother, and as I was catching up, my cousin stuck out his crutch and tripped me. I landed on my left arm and instantly knew it was broken. I then stood up, turned my arm around to look, and oh look! Both broken ends of the bone were sticking out of my arm and I could see quite a bit of my arm anatomy. It was very sore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Got a finger smashed between two hurleys in a clash once, the whole finger turned black and blue for a couple weeks and the nail fell out. I can bend it back really far now.

Got a bulging disc in my lower spine rowing too.

BVB wrote: »
    How did you break your spine?

An old E-Class (I think, one of the big heavy old Mercs) drove over me, good thing I wasn't lying the other way or it'd have mashed my organs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

phasers wrote: »
    Once I got a pretty deep papercut

that mother STUNG!

worse still having to squeeze lemon juice out of lemons can be a mother Fvcker....

I can't decide between heavy concussion from snowboarding, high side of a roller that really hurt I landed on my head to..

then there was the time i tried to do a jump on my moutain bike and do a star while in the air but then i thought it might be better to try it no handed and no footed, and as i landed my weight went left and banged my knee of the cross bar, damaging all my blood vessel's and a ligament, and the cartilage in my knee that was sore

Breaking my ankle trying to do a kick flip on skate board and that hurt to but i hyper ventilated and passed out my dad and mum laughed at me :pac:

then there was the one when i was two, where i tried to change the channel on my granddads tv and tripped over his german pointer sliced my head on the the sharp wooden bit then the dog turned round an bit me 6 stitchs and a hospital ambulance ride.

oh when i was 7 i was surfing and a fin of the board attacked my head nice cut at the back of my head,

il stop there because itle get a bit boring....

Oh and I chopped th rip of my thumb of cutting a peace of cheese that really annoyed me...

An old E-Class (I think, one of the big heavy old Mercs) drove over me, good thing I wasn't lying the other way or it'd have mashed my organs

How did this happen?

ottostreet wrote: »
    How did this happen?

Curious bugger aint ya? Came off my bike, was getting up (still in shock) trying to get off the road when the car came round a corner and didn't see me.... *thump*

Curious bugger aint ya? Came off my bike, was getting up (still in shock) trying to get off the road when the car came round a corner and didn't see me.... *thump*

What kind of bike? What road?

I jest!

lol.. its just an unusual injury and explanation so was interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Never broken a bone or anything like that. I've played sports pretty much all my life but I've been lucky enough, nothing apart from aches and pains and shin splints and such...

Advertisement