Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your worst injury

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

When i was a kid i fell someone was helping climb a wall by pulling me up by my hands when i used my feet to climb but he let go so i fell head first towards a lovely pile of cinder blocks and managed to let on the one with its corder pointing straigh up twards the crown of my head. Resulted ina few stiches and a trip to temple street.

I also managed to get a piece of steel lodged into my pupil. Didnt even know until I had trouble looking at any kind of light. Went to the eye and ear and they fished it out of my eye with a big needle. Said if it had of been in there much longer i would have gone colour blind then blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Also cut my hand open falling on broken glass at the age of 4, had a rather odd semi judo related complaint a few years back which was a tad embarassing and last year I had a CSF shunt malfunction (doctor said the thing basically dissolved) and had to have it replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

7 stitches in right rist and mist an artury by about 1/16" after putting it through a wndow at the age of 6, Broke six ribs in a car crash in 96 and big toe in motorbike accident last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭John-Holmes

Nothing to serious for me anyhoo.

Ruptured the cruciate in my left knee.
    Ten Stitches in the head.
    Dart through my left hand.
    Stood on numerous nails when on the building sites for the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I got hit by a car and broke:

3 fingers, arm, upper arm, ribs, collar bone, punctured lung, leg, toes, ankle. NOT fun. Plenty of stitches on my head!

Then I decided since I'm mangled and I have had a lot of foot surgery, that I'd go to Everest:

I dislocated 2 toes, bruised kindey so i was peeing blood, bruised ribs, burnt myself, scrapes and cuts and chest infection and food poisoning. That was pants!

Finally: Slipped in bathroom getting out of shower, toe went under door which closed, fell backwards onto the toilet and bashed my head. Horrible, and embarrassing to have to get my mother to help!

Don't forget the nut whipping incident! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

I fell into a vat of chocolate at my factory the other day and died. Then all these assamaholes started making chocolate jokes at my expense:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

When I was 8 I hit my head so hard the doctor said I might have permanent brain damage..

I Like Stories.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

When I was like three or four, I was on a tricycle going down a little hill. My cousin was behind me on a tractor (A TOY ONE!). He hit the back of my tricycle and I went over the handlebars. Broke my jaw and knocked out my four front teeth. Good times!

When I was eleven, I fell off a horse. Dislocated my elbow and broke my wrist. Now I have two pins in there and beep at the airport :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Such a funny thread! I never broke anything so I'll probably injure myself tonight at soccer for laughing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Do hurt feelings count?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Hmmm have a few but I'll put my two worst ones up....

I used to work in a garage in my mid teens. Just cleaning up the garage floor after the mechanics had finished, cleaning the canteen and washing floors etc. Paid me £5 a pay during the summer, thought I was minted. Anyway one day I was doing the cleaning up, there were a few bits of engines and metal left over which I picked up and put on the forklift for transporting out to a skip. One particularly large piece (a cracked engine block) I got onto the ends of the fork lift prongs. Tilted the prongs up and pushed the piece back up the prongs to the back board to stop it falling off. However the prongs were covered in oil and the tip of my middle finger was on the inside of the piece of metal which moved quicker then I expected. When it reached the back baord of the fork lift it crushed my finger tip and split it in two. From the tip of my finger to the first knuckle split open to reveal the bone. Think of a peeled banana. It was absolutely horrific and one of the lads fainted when i presented myself to them. The rest went very very pale. I think it was pure shock that stopped me dropping like a sack of spuds. Anyway off to the hospital, surgery and today I have a nice scar and wonky nail to remind me.

Other incident was back in primary school. There were old stone shelters outside that had benches. The bench were attached to the wall by means of an L shaped bar of metal. But these had rusted over the years and the benches collapsed and were thrown outside. I was running by one wet day, slipped and my knee hit the rusted jagged L shaped bar and sliced open the side of my knee. I could see white which I thought was bone but turned out to be cartledge. Off to the doctor who inserted 7 stictches and gave me an injection too. Worst part was my teacher was with me and the doctor told me to drop my jeans. I was 8 and there was no way they were coming down in front of the teacher! So I rolled the leg of my shreaded, blood covered jeans up over my knee. It hurt like a fooker but I maintained my dignity and teacher did not see my purple underpants with horses on them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

A year ago-ish i was playing in a camogie match and my marker thumped me with the hurley into the shin (wasnt wearing shin gaurds). Fat bit*h didnt even get a warning or nothing. Ended up breaking my shin. Next time I see her, Im going to karate chop her fat ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Not one of these injuries can compare to stubbing your baby toe.

Advertisement