Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE is planning a hike in licence fees

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

^ So far, 100% of people in this "pale debate", as I'll call it, have proven an inability to use them correctly. 100% are also from with "the pale"'s boundaries (legitimate assumption?)

:cool:

Excellent. My plan to derail the conversation away from No Frontiers on onto pedantic spelling and punctuation points has worked perfectly.

Sincerely,

Kathryn Thomas AnonoBoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Not to be blunt or anything, but the idea of hiking up the price, so the average person on the street has to pay more to keep a smug, condescending twat like Tubridy on the kind of ridiculous money he's on is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Seriously, let's all refuse to pay!

(you go first)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

^ So far, 100% of people in this "pale debate", as I'll call it, have proven an inability to use them correctly. 100% are also from with "the pale"'s boundaries (legitimate assumption?)

:cool:

post 101:confused:

FAIL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

it's at times like this that i love living in a private code gated apartment block where mr tv inspector cant get in too :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

miju wrote: »
    it's at times like this that i love living in a private code gated apartment block where mr tv inspector cant get in too :D:D:D:D:D:D

I am a TV license inspector and through the wonders of ip adress,s i KNOW your adress,i,ll be watchin you.....................:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

ynotdu wrote: »
    I am a TV license inspector and through the wonders of ip adress,s i KNOW your adress,i,ll be watchin you.....................:)

;););););) i'll just keep watching my free telly in the meantime :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

miju wrote: »
    ;););););) i'll just keep watching my free telly in the meantime :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

I can live with my name in the paper. Never paid a TV licence and I never will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Where I live our local community instituted a programme of TV Licence fee disobedience until we got our terrestrial tv restored after a Windfarm knocked out the analogue signals from Mullaghanish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freedom of info

THE AVERAGE WAGE IN RTE IS 64000, THEIR PROGRAMMING IS 10TH RATE, THIS CROWD SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN, ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF JOBS FOR THE BOYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

THE AVERAGE WAGE IN RTE IS 64000, THEIR PROGRAMMING IS 10TH RATE, THIS CROWD SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN, ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF JOBS FOR THE BOYS

Caps lock

are you ready to unleash the motherfuckin' fury?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

to be paid for goodness sake.. not to mention larry gogan and 'i am 12 forever' dave fanning, :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭powerzjim

Driver 8 wrote: »
    Not to be blunt or anything, but the idea of hiking up the price, so the average person on the street has to pay more to keep a smug, condescending twat like Tubridy on the kind of ridiculous money he's on is disgusting.

totally agree

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Add the likes of Gerry Ryan, Joe Duffy and the rest of their worthless ilk to the list.

will someone please feed the anorexic twat

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

will someone please feed the anorexic twat
    Ya can't do that, he won't fit back in the cardboard tube for storage then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭b28

Not again!
    I thought they were finished with these hikes! Why should you pay to watch nationwide or play a dvd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

Heres a serious thought, aside from the obvious fat-head/fat-cat stuff
    How often does anyone actually watch these stations or listen to 2fm radio??

I reckon that the licence thing should be challenged in court. Surely it cant be legal to force people to pay for something they dont even want??? Given the option Im sure most people wouldnt be bothered to turn them on. So heres my 2ct worth

If the licence was revoked, and people still wanted to watch these channels, then much like the sky package things, if you want those channels, you just pay sky/ntl an extra 5e per month, this would lead to the following:
    They would loose revenue for advertising cause thier programmes are so ****e no-one would want the channels,
    As a result they would have to invest some of thier hard earned wages into making decent programmes that would entice viewers to pay for the channels,
    And this would also result in the reduction of the ridiculous wages for useless ****e-hawk presenters.
    So, anyone else reckon this is a good idea, or can any-one foresee clauses that I cannot???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Once again, glad I don't own a TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

carlybabe1 wrote: »

I have never listened to the radio stations, and I watch an RTE programme maybe once every 2-3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭dny123456

i think we should take a leave out of the electrician's book, call for a 11% reduction in the license fee.

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    Heres a serious thought, aside from the obvious fat-head/fat-cat stuff

I reckon that the licence thing should be challenged in court. Surely it cant be legal to force people to pay for something they dont even want??? Given the option Im sure most people wouldnt be bothered to turn them on. So heres my 2ct worth

If the licence was revoked, and people still wanted to watch these channels, then much like the sky package things, if you want those channels, you just pay sky/ntl an extra 5e per month, this would lead to the following:
    They would loose revenue for advertising cause thier programmes are so ****e no-one would want the channels,
    As a result they would have to invest some of thier hard earned wages into making decent programmes that would entice viewers to pay for the channels,
    And this would also result in the reduction of the ridiculous wages for useless ****e-hawk presenters.
    So, anyone else reckon this is a good idea, or can any-one foresee clauses that I cannot???

GREAT COMMENT, YOU ARE ON TO SOMETHING

GREAT COMMENT, YOU ARE ON TO SOMETHING
    I bet it's a chair. Maybe even one like mine that spins around. Weeeeee!!!

ScumLord wrote: »

come on scumlord, rte are ripping you off, so get serious, or are you employed by rte

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Race?

come on scumlord, rte are ripping you off, so get serious, or are you employed by rte
    No their not I've never paid the TV licence.
    Race?
    Ok go!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ok go!
    Gah!Puncture :(......On a plastic wheel :confused:

Took out the RTE billboard though :D

Gah!Puncture :(......On a plastic wheel :confused:

Took out the RTE billboard though :D
    I took out the oven door. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ahara

I'd be willing to pay whatever they ask if Anne Doyle goes topless while reading the news. Rarrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Advertisement