Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Vojera wrote: »

Ray D'Arcy was nice, really polite but came off as quite reserved and private. His wife Jenny was lovely, quite gregarious. I met them in a professional capacity so no harassing people in the street! I spoke to Jenny about a year later on the phone and she remembered me and was really warm.

Ah ditto, d'Arcy gets a bad rap and I've never quite understood it - he was nothing of polite, friendly and courteous when I met him. Ian Dempsey is another gent.

Have to say I haven't met very many rude celebrities, and I've bumped into quite a few of them in my line of work. For the most part they're polite, pleasant and just want to keep themselves to themselves. Granted they usually have their PAs and PRs with them to do their dirty work when I meet them and those are the ones that tend to be a living nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Darcy must have had behavioral retraining cos when i met him in the petrol station near Maureen back in the mid 90's he completely ignored me saying hello when i held the door for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Tigger wrote: »
    Darcy must have had behavioral retraining cos when i met him in the petrol station near Maureen back in the mid 90's he completely ignored me saying hello when i held the door for him.

How can you judge someone on something like that? I don't understand people who lambast famous people based on an encounter that lasted just a few seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Suas11 wrote: »
    How can you judge someone on something like that? I don't understand people who lambast famous people based on an encounter that lasted just a few seconds.
    That's a universal annoyance though. When you hold the door open for someone, it's manners that they say "thank you" in acknowledgment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I said hello to George Lee yesterday and he ignored me :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

beks101 wrote: »
    Granted they usually have their PAs and PRs with them to do their dirty work when I meet them and those are the ones that tend to be a living nightmare.

They're probably stressed to the hilt dealing with their client's demands. It's easy for the scheleb to be easygoing, friendly etc. when they can just pay someone to worry or be demanding for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Snead O'connor met her in the patroits inn a few years ago she was with bono the edge and Adam Clayton it was during the making of the name of the father. I think they did the sound track .anyway I got a beer mat and pen asked her with a big smile on my face for her autograph and she to me to **** off !!!

Irony is, she fell out with U2 soon after that IIRC.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Enough of the bickering folks!

I've deleted a few posts to clean up the thread

Next time I'll be giving warning/bans

If you have an issue with a post.. hit the report button!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    That's a universal annoyance though. When you hold the door open for someone, it's manners that they say "thank you" in acknowledgment.

That's true and that does annoy me when it happens to me. Still, I wouldn't judge someone totally just because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I know two people that had dealings with Twink through work and she's supposed to be awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

My mother worked in Mccullough Pigotts in the 80s and says that Ronnie Drew was the biggest asshole regular customer they had, a gruff vulgar pig who was hated by every employee in the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

My mother worked in Mccullough Pigotts in the 80s and says that Ronnie Drew was the biggest asshole regular customer they had, a gruff vulgar pig who was hated by every employee in the store.
    I worked in a music shop about 8 years ago and met Ronnie Drew. He didn't leave a good impression, I'm sorry to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If the ballad of ronnie drew was written about me, I'd be a pr1ck too.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Ice Storm wrote: »
    I worked in a music shop about 8 years ago and met Ronnie Drew. He didn't leave a good impression, I'm sorry to say.

Tell us more,though I can kind of guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Devostator

haven't encountered a rude one yet - scott disick was obnoxious but i dont consider him a celeb

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 nidgeweaseal

I knew conor McGregor before he was famous, never liked him mainly because he was a bullying douche.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I knew conor McGregor before he was famous, never liked him mainly because he was a bullying douche.
    elaborate

elaborate

What do you mean ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Devostator wrote: »
    haven't encountered a rude one yet - scott disick was obnoxious but i dont consider him a celeb

I had to google to find out who he is.He sounds like a right bellend.

What do you mean ?

How was he a bully,what used he do?

• Advertisement

What do you mean ?

Oh I get it now, anyway I won't say anymore than what I said as he still knows me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

anncoates wrote: »
    I know two people that had dealings with Twink through work and she's supposed to be awful.

Ha Ha. I don't think we need any more corroboration on the Twink thing!!

Seriously though, I met John Aldridge once (about a million years ago) in Mulhall Brothers pub in Thurles during The Trip To Tipp - a music festival held in Semple Stadium during the early 90s. He flat out refused to buy me a pint, even though he was obviously loaded, and then got super-thick with me for chatting up (possibly with some minor groping) his wife later in the night - complete d!ckhead!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Oh I get it now, anyway I won't say anymore than what I said as he still knows me.
    C'mon ,well stand up for you if he finds out..... I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

byronbay2 wrote: »

Seriously though, I met John Aldridge once (about a million years ago) in Mulhall Brothers pub in Thurles during The Trip To Tipp - a music festival held in Semple Stadium during the early 90s. He flat out refused to buy me a pint, even though he was obviously loaded, and then got super-thick with me for chatting up (possibly with some minor groping) his wife later in the night - complete d!ckhead!

Have you seen John Aldridge's post in the 'Rudest person you have met' thread about the time he met this lad in Thurles?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

flanzer wrote: »
    Have you seen John Aldridge's post in the 'Rudest person you have met' thread about the time he met this lad in Thurles?

Yeah something about him being a pervy freeloader I think it was ;)

tipptom wrote: »
    C'mon ,well stand up for you if he finds out..... I think

Na he's just not a nice person is all I'll say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

lukesmom wrote: »
    Yeah something about him being a pervy freeloader I think it was ;)

Freeloader? Yes, guilty as charged. Pervy? Mais non. What could possibly be construed as perverted about a handsome young jack-the-lad chatting up (possibly with some minor groping) an early 1990s WAG??

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Just Janice

flynnser19 wrote: »
    glenda gilson, thought too much of herself in my opinon. Model....i think not!!!

I heard her say the line "do you know who I am" to a drunk guy in Reynards (end of night place to drink, there once). And her friend piped in "look at him ....he probably buys his clothes in Dunnes stores" - Fair enough was 10 years ago but it scarred me for life.

A friend went to Brian O Driscolls book signing in Limerick yesterday.He said everyone was told beforehand not to engage him in smalltalk or to try and shake his hand.He got his book signed and because hes a huge fan he said to him how he admires him as a sportsman and that hes followed his career since his debut.He said BOD just gave him a dirty look and said nothing.On a funnier note my friend said someone whom hes almost certain was that crazy dancing priest who gatecrashed the Olympics marathon a few years back tried to jump the queue and had a really rubbish drawing of O Driscoll in his hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

darkdubh wrote: »
    A friend went to Brian O Driscolls book signing in Limerick yesterday.He said everyone was told beforehand not to engage him in smalltalk or to try and shake his hand.He got his book signed and because hes a huge fan he said to him how he admires him as a sportsman and that hes followed his career since his debut.He said BOD just gave him a dirty look and said nothing.On a funnier note my friend said someone whom hes almost certain was that crazy dancing priest who gatecrashed the Olympics marathon a few years back tried to jump the queue and had a really rubbish drawing of O Driscoll in his hand.

Probably asked not to engage him to keep things moving. Any time I've seen BOD out and about, he's been happy to chat to random people approaching him.

Advertisement