Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accounting or geography??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Time consumption a problem? Do accounting.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Its all about the teacher! Seriously!

Geography may be easier, but if the teacher for it is garbage(like mine) don't do it just cause of its reputation as an 'easy subject'

My german teacher actually managed to make me WORSE from my junior cert standard all down to his ability to teach the language-consisting of reading newspapers which he translated word for word every day

Sound guy but crap teacher:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

Geography isn't very time consuming considering it is mostly the same as the JC stuff on the course. Same idea with a bit extra material.

History isn't time consuming at all any more than accounting or Biology. Don't believe all those rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

wrote: »
    Geography isn't very time consuming considering it is mostly the same as the JC stuff on the course. Same idea with a bit extra material.

History isn't time consuming at all any more than accounting or Biology. Don't believe all those rumours.

Are you serious? Do you even do history and geography?

Gi joe! wrote: »
    Are you serious?

Quite. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭gaeilge-abú

Nope,,definitely not touching history because sooo many people have advised me not to!:D..i have no interest whatsoever in it either!!

any more advice on whether to do geography or accounting??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Do you enjoy either of geography or accounting? Are you better at one?

star-pants wrote: »
    Do you enjoy either of geography or accounting? Are you better at one?

well i havnt done accounting for the leaving yet but i enjoyed it for the junior..as for geog..i did like it but not as much as accounting!:)

Well I would go for the one that a) I enjoy b) am good at and c) one that's useful to my future.
    For me geography was the way to go (I did geology in college). I loved it in school (one of a minority) and enjoyed double geog on a thursday morning in 5th year lol.
    Geography is a broad subject, covers a lot of bases and you need to know most of it. But if you enjoy it/find it relatively easy then you shouldn't have much of a problem. Learning things.

Accounting I've never done but I know my brother had a great teacher up to 6th year and hten had a crap one and he just dived in the class. I don't know how hard/easy it is to learn/keep up with, but if you enjoy and are good at it, then go for that.

End of the day it's a personal choice, nothings going to be easy, but you need subjects for the future, and ones you can do well in.

Do both I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

neither!

neither!

Drop the biology. Maybe take up History. It's not all that bad now.

ehh i kinda have to do one or the other!!i cant just do neither cuz then id only have 6 subjects!!

Drop the biology. Maybe take up History. It's not all that bad now.

im not droppin biology,cause 1)i need a science and 2)im really good at it and 3)i av an amazin teacher!:D..history=seans ar bith!!:p

You don't NEED a science. You're advidsed to take one. I thought you weren't doing medicine. Drop French because you don't need a language for Medicine -or do you. What college are you going to? You won't need a language at the I.T.'s.

You don't NEED a science. You're advidsed to take one. I thought you weren't doing medicine. Drop French because you don't need a language for Medicine -or do you. What college are you going to? You won't need a language at the I.T.'s.

well i do need a science to keep my options open because im not sure what i want to do yet!!.i do need french because you need a language for NUI's and most other colleges!!

But you don't need a language for the IT's. The IT's have come up a lot in recent years offering great courses. Plenty of people don't do science and get on grand. I wouldn't worry about people advising you to do one. THat's the Dept. of Education worrying about the SCience sector and people doing higher levels maths not getting A's every year. Worry about yourself and not what the teachers tell you.

ill not be going to an IT so there's no point considering them!!..im doing a science because i want to and my teacher advised and encouraged me because im so good at biology!:D:D

Why would you not consider an IT. Are you aiming for Oxford or something! :pac:

Why would you not consider an IT. Are you aiming for Oxford or something! :pac:

no,,i dont mean it lik that..i just know i wont!will prob go to an NUI or something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Peppapig

Flip a coin. Its depends what you prefer, because both of them have positives and negatives. Accounting, your either good or bad at it and geography, its a broad broad course!

Maybe drop the French and take up Italien/Spanish if available. Think they are easier. Take on Geography and Accounting. Drop the biology. Physics would be an easier course. So I'm told. Biology is hard, worse than Geography. Higher level maths takes up a lot of time. Maybe drop to ordinary level and take up the accounting then.

thats like practically changin all my subjects=not a hope!!..i have my mind set on subjects apart from acc/geo!!

Well you have to cut corners. Everything won't work out nicely. What about dropping HL maths. That takes up abour 1.5 hours a night. A lot of time.

Ok, just to clarify, the OP is looking for info/advice on accounting and geography LC only.
    Please just give your advice, and OP take it on board, people are giving you information but it's your choice at the end of the day.

i aint droppin HL maths cause im reaaaalllllliii good at maths and my brother is my teacher..soooooooo.......FREE GRINDS!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Your brother teaches Acc. and Maths? Anyway how do you know for sure. sometimes these things change in September due to switches.

yep..he teaches maths,accounting ,business,business studies and economics!!..well im nearly sure he will be teaching me and if not,,he'll still be able to help me at home!:D

What's the difference between business and business studies. Was that a typo or do I take it you ain't doing HL English.

• Advertisement

business is a lc subject,business studies is a jc subject which includes accounting,economics and business!!and yes i am doing HL english!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement