Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Fighting Game Match Replays

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

L31mr0d wrote: »
    If only I could ever bait Double D's Guile (:D) into whiffing his Ultra like this at casuals.

Poor dude had no idea how to fight you :D

Actually I whiff alot in tournaments. Think I will knock the ultra on the head for a while and teach myself to reserve it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Some matches I had recently against Ry (aka Claavus) 8 matches in total in the playlist

Playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=560974D793B7063A

Wakeup demons FTW :D

Match #2:

Match #3:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Yo L31mr0d wanna see 3s akuma? :p

I finally uploaded some of my old 3rd strike vids, made a series of 'world tour' vids back when I played :rolleyes: was my way of showing which player was who... ignore the silly beginnings and the **** quality.

I'd say only maybe.. about 3 people here would have any interest in 3s vids maybe so I'll only post this one. Click the responces if yeas wanna see more, I wont spam them here.

So anyway this is the kinda akuma I was dealing with back in the 3s days :

This is why I was like wtf when I played SF4 and akumas were....running away from me... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Very nice Gouki's, indeed.

I wish there were some better quality video's of Jiro's Gouki floating around, but at least we have Kuroda. :p

There's about 86 matches of Kuroda on GGPO on my channel if you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=521975546A350E3F

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    This is why I was like wtf when I played SF4 and akumas were....running away from me... lol

Well a good Akuma won't run away, lol :D only bad ones, myself included. Akuma has loads of crossup options that I just haven't mastered yet. I eat so many reversals trying to use them that outside of training I very rarely attempt them anymore.

• Advertisement

Relikk wrote: »
    Very nice Gouki's, indeed.

Its all the same akuma. Kurosaki was his name on 2df. (italian)
    I wish there were some better quality video's of Jiro's Gouki floating around, but at least we have Kuroda. :p
    Who's Jiro? and you say 'we' have Kuroda, is this guy Irish?

So your a 3s fan eh? Did you ever play on 2df? Its better for 3s. Or at least it was a year and a half ago.

How'd yea get the quality so good btw? I see you only just uploaded some of those vids an hour ago.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Well a good Akuma won't run away, lol :D only bad ones, myself included. Akuma has loads of crossup options that I just haven't mastered yet. I eat so many reversals trying to use them that outside of training I very rarely attempt them anymore.

3s is a different game tbh, reversals are harder and meaties are easier, but that guy was using all the standard 3s akuma tricks and with flashy full parries and all. Although he stopped doing full parries after awhile, his connection was weak.

But yeah, Kara demons, comboing into that ground smash super, resets. 3s akuma was on top of your ripping into you not running away. SFIV akuma doesnt have parries to worry about and is slower so fireballs are a better tool for him compared to 3s akuma.

Who's Jiro? and you say 'we' have Kuroda, is this guy Irish?

Jiro (renowned for his Kara Demons) and Kuroda are Japanese players. Kuroda is widely regarded as being the best 3rd Strike player in the world, with Q and Gouki being his most popular picks. Kuroda won SBO '08 with Ino and MOV, also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcfV0BDUVzg (Semi-Final match)

What I meant by "we" is, there's not much footage of incredible Gouki's on the net and Kuroda videos are only available via tournaments that are posted or by buying his DVD's. So it was amazing to see him on GGPO and to capture some footage.
    So your a 3s fan eh? Did you ever play on 2df? Its better for 3s. Or at least it was a year and a half ago.

3rd Strike is the best game of all-time, IMO. Didn't play much on 2DF as I thought it was too laggy. I play on GGPO mainly.
    How'd yea get the quality so good btw? I see you only just uploaded some of those vids an hour ago.

That's my secret. ;)

Jiro and Kuroda are Japanese players. Kuroda is widely regarded as being the best 3rd Strike player in the world,

Aaaaaaaah right I see.

3rd Strike is the best game of all-time, IMO. Didn't play much on 2DF as I thought it was too laggy. I play on GGPO mainly.

Ah HA! Thats a pity man, we would a bumped into each other back then. A few of the lads on here are people I knew from my 3s days. Did you go by Relikk on ggpo and 2df? 3s had a bigger scene on 2df and the lag wasnt too bad generally. Plus it was really dodgy on GGPO (black lines going through the screen - weird **** like KO appearing on the screen while the match was still being played..) thats why I stuck with 2DF.

Also GGPO had spectator mode, 2DF had replays, I liked having replays.

That's my secret. ;)

Awwwwww WTF? Boooooooooooourns!!!!

Tbh I can't play 3s anymore. So I wont be making vids but I used to make vids from the replays and record with fraps, which would KILL the fps, so I had to have the quality really feckin low to get a decent recording...nothing else I tried worked :(

Ah HA! Thats a pity man, we would a bumped into each other back then. A few of the lads on here are people I knew from my 3s days. Did you go by Relikk on ggpo and 2df? 3s had a bigger scene on 2df and the lag wasnt too bad generally. Plus it was really dodgy on GGPO (black lines going through the screen - weird **** like KO appearing on the screen while the match was still being played..) thats why I stuck with 2DF.

Yeah the black line thing still happens but I've never noticed the KO thing. Ponder's never really updated GGPO since 3rd Strike was added so it's exactly the same as it was when it was first added. I just preferred GGPO over 2DF as it had less input lag, although 2DF was smoother. But TBH I'd rather have no input lag.
    Awwwwww WTF? Boooooooooooourns!!!!

Tbh I can't play 3s anymore. So I wont be making vids but I used to make vids from the replays and record with fraps, which would KILL the fps, so I had to have the quality really feckin low to get a decent recording...nothing else I tried worked :(

Heh. It all depends on the processor, I suppose, or the blitter you use. I record from GGPO recordings with Fraps, using the Experimental blitter. Then I drag the recordings into Sony Vegas, encode and compress them with MPEG2. I find that's the smoothest. I used to use WMV's but they're kinda blurry as you can see if you look at the Kuroda set with Great-Japan. Everything after that with YM)KEN etc. are MPEG2's.

You say you recorded from GGPO recordings, GGPO had replays?

I've a Q6600 quad core, I dunno why I couldn't get a consistent 60fps while recording a mere replay of a 2d game at such a low resolution when I could easily record stuff like left 4 dead with full 1680X1050 resolution at 60 fps with no slow down.

Wrecked my head for awhile, never solved it despite trying everything.

• Advertisement

You say you recorded from GGPO recordings, GGPO had replays?

It does, indeed. You can record it while playing and spectating.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

The ggpo replay record is quite good actually.It's the "record input" option.I've tons of matches of all the best Bison players,especially GigaMsx,best Bison besides Yuuvega in ST.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Kuroda, came to sbo with Q and won, its just insane,
    Hes possibly the worst character in the game.
    parries = balanced game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Placebo wrote: »
    Kuroda, came to sbo with Q and won, its just insane,
    Hes possibly the worst character in the game.
    parries = balanced game ;)

He never won SBO with Q, he switched to Akuma in 2008 and won.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tougeki_winners

edit: plus having MOV's chun on your team can't hurt. :pac: kuroda still owns though

I <B Fei Long.

(more tournament videos encoding as we speak, will update you tonight.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

The commentary is comical

Fei Doom

Now put up the video where I poned =p your guile

ayjayirl wrote: »

I could use my modly powers to fix that for you.

Or, I could laugh.

I could use my modly powers to fix that for you.

Or, I could laugh.

modlyify

Its only when I beat your Ryu - not exactly an acheivement ;)

• Advertisement

Someone just called me a scrub in the comments of my fight with Dreddy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Saw that... the dude must be awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

eh, we're all scrubs really, better that than anonymous youtube flamers I guess

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Saw that... the dude must be awesome :D

I'm waiting for his tutorial on how to beat Gief with Guile as we speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I watched that actually, I thought your first round was tactically your strongest, he hardly got a chance to get near you. When I'm playing against gief it's hit and run all day!!

Sagat06 wrote: »
    I watched that actually, I thought your first round was tactically your strongest, he hardly got a chance to get near you. When I'm playing against gief it's hit and run all day!!

Yeah I have to stop booming from under 1/2 the screen when he has EX. He can green hands right through it. That cost me the match pretty much. I controlled the screen much better in the first round and didn't do that.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Someone just called me a scrub in the comments of my fight with Dreddy :D

That fight was excellently played, screw him! I watched all those videos last night, some good stuff in there, and I got to see my competition with regards Honda.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    eh, we're all scrubs really,

feck that, the guy probably posted that cause the thinks firing projectiles is lame, I've seen similar comments on ST vids of daigo who was using a fireball trap "scubs just firing fireballs all day, l2p etc"

Not being pro Japanese or american players doesn't make one a scub.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    eh, we're all scrubs really, better that than anonymous youtube flamers I guess

Not by the definition given by Sirlin. In fact, the guy assumedly moaning about my booms would be a scrub- play to win and all that.

• Advertisement

Just figured out how to convert to 16:9. Bit of a problem with the samsung codec.

No way I am going back and converting 80 videos though :D

Advertisement