Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Fighting Game Match Replays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There is an editing error in Match 10 where it replays itself making the fight twice as long. for a minuter I thought I was watching a best of 3 match but then i recognised the chun li ultra set up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Netbook absolutely died trying to open page 2 I gotta say, when linking to KO Kiki's youtube page would've had the same effect in one line. GGs all though from those that I watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yeah, I accidentally pasted the same clip twice before encoding.
    New vid is here:

Kiki I fixed the link in the previous post for this video.

I'll just remove this one to avoid double posts.

Once again thanks for uploading them.

Azza

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hmm. tournament nerves got me there, was jumping waaaay to much.

Not that I would have beaten Mike anyway but I was robbed with the suckiness of Guile's ultra :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Just after looking at all those and remembered werent the second round matches supposed to be 5 rounds and the final 7 rounds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

You did the recording Kiki? Nice job - what camera have you got? Great quality from it...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

bush wrote: »
    Just after looking at all those and remembered werent the second round matches supposed to be 5 rounds and the final 7 rounds?

It was talked about and decided to stick with best of 3 due to time constraints.I think everyone would have preferred best of 5 but we didn't have the time.

blag wrote: »
    It was talked about and decided to stick with best of 3 due to time constraints.I think everyone would have preferred best of 5 but we didn't have the time.

Oh right I see. It was getting late alright.

Sabre0001 wrote:
    You did the recording Kiki? Nice job - what camera have you got? Great quality from it...
    Thanks. It's just a miniDV Sony Handycam, can't even remember the model (it's at least 3yrs old by now), but the tripod helps a lot!

Now to get some more tapes...

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Street Fighter 4
    Online G2 Championship

Delatroy (Sim)

Delatroy(Sim)

• Advertisement

Cool. Another Irish Sim player. Looks like he needs help vs vega tho, all those wall dives went unpunished and he kept getting hit by them. Anti air, Slide, teleport all work against them.

Have to say tho, that Ultra focus attack was pretty clever. I might start using that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

What's the idea behind the fullscreen ultras?

There isn't one. Its generally a waste.

Sometimes I gamble with mine, if i think a scissors kick, blanka ball, tiger knee, etc is incoming at half screen. They plow right into it.

But generally, its usually desperation or panic that causes players to throw it out at full screen. It's better to get them in a corner, or knock them down. Yoga catastrophe is much more dangerous that way.

Street Fighter 4
    Online G2 Championship

Leimr0d (Akuma)

Azza wrote: »
    Street Fighter 4
    Online G2 Championship

Leimr0d (Akuma)

Nice ultra in the first round.

Only 4 videos got recorded from Dramatic Battle NI -- sorry, lads.

Playlist is <here>; would appreciate if anyone can tell me who the players are in the first 3 matches.

Dramatic Battle 09 Northern Ireland
    Street Fighter 4

Simon Lau (Blanka) Vs HMUYA (Ryu)

Simon Lau (Blanka) Vs Blag (Dic)

Simon Lau (Blanka) Vs Mike Guilfoyle (Ryu)

Grand Final
    Simon Lau (Blanka) Vs The Witch (C.Viper)

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike

Quarter Final Match 1
    Nunko (Ryu) Vs John (Ken)

Quarter Final Match 2
    Nunko (Ryu) Vs John (Ken)

Semi Final Match 1
    Nunko (Ryu) Vs Unknown (Makoto)

Semi Final Match 2
    Nunko (Ryu) Vs Unknown (Makoto)

Forgive the poor quaility of these videos they where recorded via a camera phone.

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike

Grand Final Match 1
    Tsukiko_chan (Makoto) Vs Nunko (Ryu)

Grand Final Match 2

Grand Final Match 3

Grand Final Match 4

Again Forgive the poor quality of the videos as they where recorded via a camera phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Only 4 videos got recorded from Dramatic Battle NI -- sorry, lads.

Playlist is <here>; would appreciate if anyone can tell me who the players are in the first 3 matches.

I think azza has labelled most of them above. Video 3 is the one I shot for you, between Mike Guilfoyle (ryu) vs Simon Lau (blanka) in the semi-finals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

As sorry as I am to admit this the first dramatic battle SF4 match is me against Mike Guilfoyle.

Right, will label these later.
    @HMUYA: What name do you want me to put down for that match?

Some seriously southern biased groans and comments during those vids :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Right, will label these later.
    @HMUYA: What name do you want me to put down for that match?

Unknown [Bla] vs Mike Guilfoyle [Ryu] :rolleyes:

I don't mind Kiki - Might as well use HMUYA since it's my gamertag ()
    if I ever get back online

I thought you played well tbh.

And listening to Blag complain about the tech throwing is priceless :P. Been there man, feel your pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Kirby wrote: »
    I thought you played well tbh.

And listening to Blag complain about the tech throwing is priceless :P. Been there man, feel your pain!

I know man,not long after that I was thinking "I really sounded like Kirby there"lol

It's so irritating when you know it's coming but it was definately my own fault.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Irish only as in one of, or both, players?
    I've uploaded countless SF4 vids from Day 1 to present as some kind of demented blog of evil which allows people to laugh at how I'm trying to learn Boxer via 15FPS and a Keyboard, currently sitting on just under 5k GP and 2k BP despite my, erm... Handicap?

Could link some of the remotely decent fights though I doubt anyone would want to see them...

Then again, I did make a few comedy/poops/music vids for the sake of getting rid of countless amounts of clips I FRAPS'd if people fancy watching such garbage, and I'm sure I have a most recent Boxer v Vega final Replay up there as well as saved some of the older ones, though I'm barely able to perform a basic Overhead-ClK-Headbutt combo nevermind something fancy.

AFAIC 1 Irish person's enough. Try to keep the number of videos in each post low though because it can cause slow down in certain browsers!

Here for funny videos.

You seriously need to upgrade your rig if you getting such low FPS.

Your actually handicapping your opponents as much you are yourself if not more because they will normally be use to playing at the proper FPS speed where you would be use to playing it on low FPS.

Looking at those graphics settings you can go lower if you want, you can even turn off the background, its extremely important to get a constant 60fps, otherwise there is no point playing the game in my opinion because your not playing it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I still find it hard to believe that an online game would implement a mechanic that lowers an opponent players GFX FPS purely because the other player hasn't as good a GFX card.

If we where talking about net-speed or lag, sure, but the idea of a game downscaling an opponents GFX Card FPS because the other player isn't playing at 60FPS, to me, is ludicrous and I'd be curious to see some confirmation of this.

Im aware of the negatives from my side, though I fail to see how any game would inflict that on the opponent when they've the capacity to play at max-settings/60FPS. FPS =/= Lag/Connection which, to me, is the most important factor.

Think about it.

If your game is only moving at 15 FPS and your opponents is moving at 60 FPS, then your opponents is four times faster than yours. It would have to be scaled back or else it would be unplayable.

• Advertisement

Oh my bad I got it wrong. I've done an added bit of research on the internet and it appears that lower frame rates of an opponent doesn't not necessarily mean your frame rate will be lowered as well.
    It appears to be that as long as both players on the PC version have the frame rate option set to fixed then it should sync it in away that the frame rate won't effect each other. And they will be able to play with there own frame rates. Its highly likely that the personal experience's I had just after the release of the PC version where to do with people playing with the frame rate set to variable the default option. I looked this up at the time and people where reporting it was to due with people have low frame rates. This was before the issue was well understood, so I was going under the same assumption without having researched it in the mean time. By now must people realize this and I have to admit thats its extremely rare that I encounter this issue any more (not that it makes it any less frustrating).

I admit my mistake. So sorry for that.

At the same time I'll still point out that I never bashed you, and never in any of my posts did I slag or abuse or make fun of you.
    It also isn't the 5th time I mentioned this to you but the second. The other thread where I mentioned this to you and then posted multipal times in the same thread for clarification, is where I was trying to help with your Games for Windows Live connection issue.

In both cases I'm merely trying to help. I'll stand by point that even if your opponent is not effected by the low frame rate issue, the timing for the combo's your are learning for example is different to pretty much everyone else playing the game. If you do get an upgrade or play another format you will notice a massive difference in speed and the timing for certain combo's being totally different. But by all accounts your free to ignore my posts if you want and enjoy the game however you please.

Advertisement