Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band DLC Thread: Updated Weekly

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

AFI did girl's not grey, right? Guilty pleasure much :P

Finally picked up the Queen pack, played a bit on guitar, really looking forward to doing some vox on it. Stretch the old vocal chords. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    AFI did girl's not grey, right? Guilty pleasure much :P

Finally picked up the Queen pack, played a bit on guitar, really looking forward to doing some vox on it. Stretch the old vocal chords. :cool:

That's right they did girl's not grey , that song drove me crazy for ages very awkward strum pattern if i remember :mad:

Love like winter or the leaving song could be ok from that bunch, medicate was in GH5 and sucked not sure about the other 2 as they are new songs and haven't listened to them much.

What's the Queen pack like on guitar D4rk? the songs they have in Lego RB were not exactly guitar greats, so I'm thinking that pack could be the same and more fun for vocals than anything else?

Some of them are tops, brilliant charts, others are a bit, eh... boring. In "You're My Best Friend", you actually play piano for most of it, which is seriously odd. I'll need a bit more hands on. You should definitely pick up "I want it all" though, seriously fun one on guitar.

forgot to post the the beatles rb dlc for next week 17th Nov.
    Five tracks from the album were featured on the disc, but here's the list of songs joining them on Tuesday:
    • “Fixing A Hole”
    • “She’s Leaving Home”
    • “Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!”
    • “Within You Without You”
    • “When I’m Sixty-Four”
    • “Lovely Rita”
    • “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)”
    • “A Day In The Life”

Unlike last month's Abbey Road DLC, every song on this album will be available as singles as well as the part of the whole pack. The price will be 160 MSP per track, or 1,080 MSP for the “Complete The Album Pack”.

I refuse to buy stuff that tied purely to the beatles game, as much as id love a day in the life :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Latest batch for Rock Band (which will be renamed Band Hero next week)
    Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Nov. 24) and PlayStation 3 system (Nov. 26, but we're double checking this date to see if it's affected by the Thursday holiday):

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “A Thing About You (live)
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “American Girl (live)”
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “Even the Losers (live)”
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “Here Comes My Girl (live)”
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “Mary Jane’s Last Dance (live)”
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “Refugee (live)”
    Kelly Clarkson – “Miss Independent”
    P!nk – “Who Knew”
    The Go-Go’s – “Our Lips Are Sealed”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Live Anthology Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks on Wii. Tracks marked with a “+” are also available in the family-friendly LEGO Rock Band Music Store.

Price:
    $1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

$9.99, £4.99 UK, €7.99 EU (800 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Live Anthology Pack 01”

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

• Advertisement

Ew, though I appreciate Tom Petty is good, not for me. Then there's that other tat. :eek:

:eek: wft

Ok Tom Petty but live versions of not even his most famous songs? I hate when they do that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

According to the website we're getting a little Them Crooked Vultures on the 24th too....
    Our exclusive track, "New Fang" had a definite QOTSA flavor thanks to Homme's vocal - but note that Eastern-style guitar line straight from the Zep bag of tricks, and the mighty power of Grohl's drums ....The track will be available on Xbox 360 on November 17th for $1.99, on Wii on November 24th for $2.00, and on Playstation 3 on December 3rd for $1.99.
    anyone any idea if that's happening in the DLC ghetto township of Pal Wii? It's not that I'm not happy having Peace Sells and Ten to download, but sometimes a guy gets tired of being treated like sewage from a third class curry house's bathroom.

It's not Harmonix's fault you have a wii :P

Yes it is! They should have called me on that cold day in december *before* I sent my lackey off to Game to collect my Wii to warn me that they'd only be doing a half arsed job on the Wii, and that while they would only be slightly negligent with american Wii owners they would be treating europeans with absolute contempt. (I thought I was over the whole SDHC thing, but I guess maybe I'm not :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Dec. 1) and PlayStation 3 system (Dec. 3):

· Nirvana – “Come As You Are (Live from MTV Unplugged)”

· Nirvana – “Lithium (Live at Reading)”

· Nirvana – “Smells Like Teen Spirit”

· Night Ranger – “(You Can Still) Rock in America”

· Night Ranger – “Don’t Tell Me You Love Me”

· Night Ranger – “You’re Gonna Hear It From Me”

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Night Ranger Pack 01” or “Nirvana Pack 02” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks on Wii. Tracks marked with a “+” are also available in the family-friendly LEGO Rock Band Music Store.

Price: $1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

$5.49, £3.99 UK, €2.49 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Night Ranger Pack 01” or “Nirvana Pack 02”

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Does that mean we now have all of Nevermind?

Wonder why no album tracks from In Utero :confused:

Nothing for me in that bunch, finally found my manual for RB2 so i've got my 20 free songs on the way down now, probably a bunch of poo though.

Isn't "A Jagged Gorgeous winter" in that pack? That's a good song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Why didn't they just use the album versions of Come As You Are and Lithium? :confused:

Bit odd having most of Nevermind and then the remaining two songs as live versions instead...

Why didn't they just use the album versions of Come As You Are and Lithium? :confused:

Bit odd having most of Nevermind and then the remaining two songs as live versions instead...

Hmmmmmmmm now that you mention that, it stirs a vague memory of playing lithium once on twice in guitar hero 5 ahemmm ahemmm ... on my stereo :rolleyes: and reading something later after being disappointed with it being a crap live version that it had something to do with either access to or quality of the master.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

It has Prequel To The Sequel, one of my favourite songs in any rhythm game.

Chart starts at 1:36

No it's part of the main game, but yes indeed it is a good one. Played a few of the songs there they aint bad for free songs, Underoath are the only one i've heard of so far i think.

Has anyone bought the Coheed and Cambria DLC from ages back?

Not a massive fan but do like those songs, wondered if any one got them and if they where were worth it?

EDIT: welcome home has to be one of the best songs in RB ever!!!!!!! on every instrument :)

The vocals are like a drill to my cranium *shivers*

• Advertisement

The vocals are like a drill to my cranium *shivers*

:eek: adds coheed and cambria drill bits to xmas list for D4rk Onion :D

"Heeeee-ere laid to west, is our wuv evew longgged!"

DLC Week of 12/8

:eek: looks like who ever was talking about the double bass pedal on here earlier in the week in the other thread will have need for it with this batch ;)
    Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Dec. 8) and PlayStation 3 system (Dec. 10):

• Slipknot – “Duality”
    • Slipknot – “Psychosocial”
    • Slipknot – “Sulfur”
    • Simon & Garfunkel – “I Am a Rock” +
    • Simon & Garfunkel – “The Sounds of Silence” +
    • Lights Resolve – “Dreaming of Love” * + (available on Xbox 360 and PS3 only)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Slipknot Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks on Wii. Tracks marked with a “+” are also available in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Slipknot might be a lot of fun to play, ill be checking the charts 1st though and not the greatest of their stuff by a long shot, not that I am a big fan but do enjoy there older stuff for what it is.

EDIT : I believe the Lights resolve track is ............... FREE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Slipknot and Simon & Garfunkel in the same release?

They compliment each other well I guess....

Lol yes i thought so too, sounds of silence is a must buy for me though!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Is there free DLC songs available??

Should be a sticky with a list of what songs you can get for free if there is!!

I'm not a big fan of buying DLC, although I do have 400 points left!!

if it's PS3 and Xbox only, is that one of those approved fan-submitted Rockband Network songs?

Not bad though. Duality is one of the two half decent Slipknot songs, far as I remember. Haven't been to Bruxelles for so very long :o
    Oops, nearly forgot to shake my fist in the general direction of Harmonix HQ

*crosses fingers for a 'Slipknot and Garfunkel' remix for DJ Hero.... "I am a <--screeee--> Psycho *wikkity wik wik*"

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Is there free DLC songs available??

Should be a sticky with a list of what songs you can get for free if there is!!

I'm not a big fan of buying DLC, although I do have 400 points left!!

There's a handfull alright, like 4 or 5 i think, not great and not by band you have heard of but still not bad for freebies, Still Alive by Glados is one you should know from Half Life though. Just go into the music store in game and scroll for the free ones or google them so you know what to look for.

Update : 3 Greenday songs are out on the 15th
    "Christian's Inferno"
    "Last of the American Girls"
    "¡Viva La Gloria!"

Another ****e great choice of songs :rolleyes:

Edit: guess they are saving the big guns for the greenday track pack ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

calex71 wrote: »
    Update : 3 Greenday songs are out on the 15th

Another ****e great choice of songs :rolleyes:

Edit: guess they are saving the big guns for the greenday track pack ;)

For what it's worth.......I liked the new Green Day album....

:eek:

Advertisement