Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band DLC Thread: Updated Weekly

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did anyone get the Blink songs, they are lots of fun to play rock show is getting heavy rotation in my setlists

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Here's the DLC coming your way next week! A nice assortment of singles ranging from 90's alternative, bouncy Brit pop, bagpipe infused fun, and more! Dig in!

Tracks available on Xbox 360 (Aug. 18) and PLAYSTATION 3 system (Aug. 20):

Blind Melon - No Rain
    Blur - There’s No Other Way
    Dropkick Murphys - I’m Shipping Up to Boston
    Eve 6 - Inside Out
    Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict a Riot
    Foo Fighters - All My Life
    Foo Fighters - I’ll Stick Around
    Foo Fighters - Lonely as You

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as part of the “Foo Fighters Pack 02” or as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 systems.

Price:
    $1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track. $5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Foo Fighters Pack 02”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

ongarite wrote: »
    Dropkick Murphys - I’m Shipping Up to Boston

I didn't know Harmonix released an Accordion for Rock Band.

Pleased to see the Blind Melon song on there , the rest does nothing for me.
    Not a huge foo fighters fan , but they might be fun to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

There's too much f*cking Foo Fighters on this game already. They got a full album and tons of other DLC, and now they're getting 3 more songs? Ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict a Riot

Ew...
    There's too much flipping Foo Fighters on this game already. They got a full album and tons of other DLC, and now they're getting 3 more songs? Ridiculous.

I'm assuming if it was a band you loved, you wouldn't care. You could easily say there's too much Rush up, or too much Megadeth. If peace it sells, keep supplying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'm assuming if it was a band you loved, you wouldn't care. You could easily say there's too much Rush up, or too much Megadeth. If peace it sells, keep supplying!

This is the sort of game that's supposed to appeal to everyone though, across all genres of rock music. It's just too much bloody Foo Fighters. There's not nearly the same amount of Megadeth or Rush up compared to them anyway.

Popular bands sell well as seen here by Keldon DLC popularity list.

Foo Fighters songs sell well and they obviously have no problem licensing their songs; makes financial sense to release more songs.
    Iron Maiden (44K across 360, PS3) hasn't exactly set the DLC charts on-fire compared to Journey (190K) which was released around the same time.

As wonderful as Harmonix are, you need to remember, they're a business, and despite all the PR, they are looking for the same thing every other business is. Profit. And if Foo Fighters bring in the profit, then Foo Fighters stay in the DLC charts for-everlong. If Rush roll in the moo-lah then they will remain in the limelight.
    I feel dirty after those puns...

Rock Band DLC Additions for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 Systems

American rocker Tom Petty breaks onto Rock Band next week with two of his biggest solo hits, “I Won’t Back Down” and “Runnin’ Down a Dream,” both from his 5x platinum 1989 album, Full Moon Fever. This was Petty’s first solo album, after parting with The Heartbreakers; it reached No. 3 on the Billboard 200. Classic rockers Fleetwood Mac, English rocker Billy Idol and Australian rockers Jet return to Rock Band with tracks available for download in the Rock Band Music Store next week as well. The Jet track available for Rock Band next week, “She’s a Genius,” is from the band’s new album, Shaka Rock, which also hits shelves Aug. 25.

Tracks available on Xbox 360 (Aug. 25) and PLAYSTATION 3 system (Aug. 27):

· Billy Idol – “Mony Mony”
    · Billy Idol – “Rebel Yell”
    · Fleetwood Mac – “Don’t Stop”
    · Fleetwood Mac – “World Turning”
    · Jet – “She’s a Genius”
    · Tom Petty – “I Won’t Back Down”
    · Tom Petty – “Runnin’ Down a Dream”

(All tracks are original master recordings)
    These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 systems.

Price: $1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

• Advertisement

· Tom Petty – “Runnin’ Down a Dream”

*Squeals*

Ah, this song reminds me of gunning down criminals in a military helicopter, stored in my desert hangar. San Andreas, you legendary game you...

Rock Band DLC Additions for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 System

Rock and Roll Hall of Famers Talking Heads add an additional five downloadable tracks to Rock Band, joining the already available “Psycho Killer.” The five-pack spans a good deal of Talking Heads’ career, including “Take Me to the River” from the band’s second album, More Songs About Buildings and Food; “Crosseyed & Painless” and “Once in a Lifetime” from the band’s fourth studio album, Remain in Light; “Girlfriend is Better” from the band’s fifth album, Speaking in Tongues; and “And She Was” from the band’s sixth album, Little Creatures. Additionally, singles from Avenged Sevenfold, The Jam, Oasis and Rage Against the Machine will be available in the Rock Band Music Store next week.

Tracks available on Xbox 360 (Sept. 1) and PLAYSTATION 3 system (Sept. 3):

· Avenged Sevenfold – “Bat Country”

· The Jam – “A Town Called Malice”

· The Jam – “Going Underground”

· Oasis – “Supersonic” (Live)

· Rage Against the Machine – “Guerilla Radio”

· Talking Heads – “And She Was”

· Talking Heads – “Crosseyed & Painless”

· Talking Heads – “Girlfriend is Better”

· Talking Heads – “Once in a Lifetime”

· Talking Heads – “Take Me to the River”

Nothing there tickling my fancy anyway. What about you Ongarite?

Anvil - "666"
    Anvil - "Metal on Metal"
    Anvil - "This is Thirteen"

Dinosaur Jr. - "Pick Me Up"
    Dinosaur Jr. - "The Wagon"

The Guess Who - "Hand Me Down World"
    The Guess Who - "No Time"

Tenacious D - "Rock Your Socks"
    Tenacious D - "Tribute"

http://www.destructoid.com/?start=18

Awesome much?

ah few songs i like there but none im willing to pay for :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Meh, I'll save money for beatles DLC.

Pearl Jam - Backspacer to be released on sunday
    For the first time ever, Harmonix will be releasing a full album as DLC for Rock Band in conjunction with the album's general release.

Pearl Jam's new album, 'Backspacer', will hit the Rock Band Store on Sunday - the same day the album hits the shelves in stores.

For lucky US folk, a special edition can be purchased at Target for $29.99 and will include a code to download the full album DLC.

The full track listing is:

Gonna See My Friend
    Got Some
    The Fixer
    Johnny Guitar
    Just Breathe
    Amongst the Waves
    Unthought Known
    Supersonic
    Speed of Sound
    Force of Nature
    The End

Though the price for the full album via the Rock Band Store is yet too be revealed, I think it goes without saying that each track will cost 160 MSP.

Doubt ill be getting the whole thing, the fixer and just breath could be good ones though.

I just amn't that much of a pearl jam fan. That song "Alive" just drooooones on and ooooon... Wont be touching these.

Are 3 of those songs cover versions (SuperSonic, Speed of Sound & The End) or are they just named after famous songs by well known bands?

From what I can tell, they're not covers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backspacer_(Pearl_Jam_album)

• Advertisement

Breaking Benjamin will make their Rock Band debut next week with a three pack of songs available for download in the Rock Band Music Store. A five pack of songs from Alice in Chains, as well as songs from Kula Shaker and Just Kait will also be added next week to the Rock Band Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system and Wii™.

Rock Band DLC Additions for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 System and Wii
    American alternative metal outfit Breaking Benjamin will release three songs for Rock Band Sept. 29, day-and-date with the band’s fourth album release, Dear Agony. The three pack of songs features the single from Dear Agony, “I Will Not Bow,” as well as “So Cold,” from the band’s second album, We Are Not Alone, and “The Diary of Jane,” from the band’s third album, Phobia.

A five pack of songs from alternative rockers Alice in Chains joins “Man in the Box,” available on-disc on Rock Band 2. The five pack features the band’s new single, “A Looking in View” from the band’s first album in 14 years, titled Black Gives Way to Blue, which will be released day-and-date with the DLC pack. Alice in Chains has sold more than 17 million albums worldwide and has received six Grammy nominations since their inception in Seattle in 1987. The five pack also includes “Would?”, which was featured in the soundtrack to the film Singles and won the award for Best Video from a Film at the 1993 MTV Video Music Awards.

Additionally, multi-platinum selling English psychedelic rockers Kula Shaker make their Rock Band debut with “Hey Dude” and “Knight on the Town,” and Just Kait makes her Rock Band debut as well, with “U Suck.”

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Sept. 29) and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. 1):

• Alice in Chains – “A Looking in View”
    • Alice in Chains – “Check My Brain”
    • Alice in Chains – “No Excuses”
    • Alice in Chains – “Rooster”
    • Alice in Chains – “Would?”
    • Breaking Benjamin – “I Will Not Bow”
    • Breaking Benjamin – “So Cold”
    • Breaking Benjamin – “The Diary of Jane”
    • Just Kait – “U Suck” *
    • Kula Shaker – “Hey Dude”
    • Kula Shaker – “Knight on the Town”

Never heard of most of these, and the one I have heard of are, for lack of a better phrase, a pile of turds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Never heard of most of these, and the one I have heard of are, for lack of a better phrase, a pile of turds

I hope you're talking about Breaking Benjamin there and not Alice in Chains!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

It's about damn time Alice in Chains got a little more Rock Band love, I'll be getting all 5 of those songs.

Still though, Dirt needs to be full album download.

I hope you're talking about Breaking Benjamin there and not Alice in Chains!
    I know we're homies and all Cedom but... let's just say I've never heard of breaking benjamin :p

+1 for more songs off dirt, godsmack would be ace ..... the song not the band of the same name, though mind you Awake by Godsmack would be hella cool to play especially the breakdown in the middle :o

Guess ill never see any deftones in these games :mad:
    but I can live in hope :pac:

With this new rock band network, I'd expect you'll see a lot more names being dropped into the hole, don't give up hope just yet!

With this new rock band network, I'd expect you'll see a lot more names being dropped into the hole, don't give up hope just yet!

Stop it, or i'll be thinking we'll see glassjaw in RB before we see their 3rd album ............... I know what is more likely though :rolleyes:

I just noticed the deal of the week this week is 25% off GH dlc :mad:

Why couldn't it be RB :(

• Advertisement

Pretty clear that XBL pushing GH at the moment, what with the ingame avatars actually giving the stupid little things a slight reason to exist.

Advertisement