Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band DLC Thread: Updated Weekly

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Save those girley screams for when they play the whole of rust in peace at the gig in cork later this year :D

Here's the charts for the who track, it's over 12 minutes long. Think ill save my points or get Hanger 18 tomorrow, as id likely play this who song once and never bother with it again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I was watching the half time show last night and they only played about half of them songs!! Unless I fell asleep during it as it was pretty boring!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm a bit late to the party but RUST IN PEAAAAACCCCEEEE!!!
    Awesome deluxe.
    I can only hope that it finds it's way to EuroWii at some point in the near future. Having said that I can't finish Sleepwalker on hard so I can't see myself making it through the intro to Tornado of Souls or Master of Five Magics.

Ah, the golden age of Megadeth, when verses still rhymed and the influence of personal or political relevance on the lyrics took a backseat to whatever TV show / movie / comic Dave was looking at while shooting up...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Not only is the above comment made of win, but Banjo has also risen in my estimations. Who'd have thought Megadeth would ever make it to the wii :P

• Advertisement

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Feb. 16) and PlayStation 3 system (Feb. 18):

Otis Redding – “(Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay” +
    Otis Redding – “Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa (Sad Song)” +
    Otis Redding – “I’m Sick Y’all” +
    Otis Redding – “I’ve Got Dreams to Remember” +
    Otis Redding – “Love Man”
    All Time Low – “Weightless”
    Alphabeat –“Fascination” +
    Brian Setzer Orchestra – “Stray Cat Strut” +
    The Chemical Brothers – “Let Forever Be” +

Chemical brothers :eek: that could be semi decent albeit repetitive on drums and bass , not so much fun on guitar, and much as I love (Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay can't see it being much fun to play though :(

*sigh* Still no sign of Rust In Peace. Them Crooked Vultures haven't appeared yet. Hell, the "New Releases" section still isn't working. /shakes fist at harmonix HQ. Still, looks like all of Doolittle and Blood Sugar Sex Magik have arrived and the newish (the crap one, not the awesome deluxe self titled one from a couple of years ago) Pearl Jam album's there, and there are signs I may finally be digesting that Pizza from last night. Hooray

Exactly what I was thinking. I wants my Rust in Peace, and I want it now!

Banjo wrote: »
    looks like all of Doolittle and Blood Sugar Sex Magik have arrived and the newish (the crap one, not the awesome deluxe self titled one from a couple of years ago) Pearl Jam album's there, and there are signs I may finally be digesting that Pizza from last night. Hooray

Doolittle is super easy but fun, watch out for the Blood sugar sex Magik album though, some song's are censored to the point were they just should have not bothered to release them, check before you buy!!!!!!

But "the fixer" off the new pearl jam album has to be one of my all time favourite downloads, not a big PJ fan but that song is just fun fun fun on every instrument :)

calex71 wrote: »
    Doolittle is super easy but fun, watch out for the Blood sugar sex Magik album though, some song's are censored to the point were they just should have not bothered to release them, check before you buy!!!!!!
    I'm guessing that Sir Psycho Sexy is an instrumental then :) Although that's not so bad really, the "It's nice out here.... think I'll stay for a while" fade out is the best bit anyway... I ended up buying Gouge Away, but there's not a lot to it. I keep making that mistake - buying songs I like that aren't very complicated... anyway, definitely one to get the auld brush out for :)
    But "the fixer" off the new pearl jam album has to be one of my all time favourite downloads, not a big PJ fan but that song is just fun fun fun on every instrument :)
    Is that the one that goes "fight to get it back again.... yeah...yeah...yeah...yeah"? Can't say I'm overly enamoured with it but I suppose that, Just Breathe and Gonna See My Friend are about as good as it gets on that album.

On the subject of the last Pearl Jam album, that was released in the states with a voucher or code to download it for free in RockBand - does anyone ever do that over here? Seems like a great way of getting people to buy your album who otherwise might not but might grab the odd track off the shop.

• Advertisement

RB DLC Feb 23
    • HIM - “Heartkiller” *
    • HIM - Ode to Solitude”
    • HIM - “Wings of a Butterfly”

• KSM - “Distracted” *

• Marilyn Manson - “The Dope Show”

• One Night Only - “Just For Tonight” *

• The Police - “Walking On the Moon” *

This is getting ridiculous. The next person who posts DLC that isn't Megadeth is permabanned :p

Where is the Pantera that was promised when they announced queen that time :mad:

2nd March
    Disturbed – “Meaning of Life”
    Disturbed – “The Game”
    Disturbed – “Voices”
    The Mother Hips – “Third Floor Story”
    The Mother Hips – “White Falcon Fuzz” + *
    Silversun Pickups – “Panic Switch”
    Silversun Pickups – “Sort Of” +
    TRUSTcompany – “Downfall” +

Panic Switch I will get for sure, love the silversun pickups.

And damn it, so bloody close to the 1 distubed song I actually want, they give 3 songs off 'the sickness' album and none of them are their excellent version of the tears for fears song 'Shout' :mad: Still those songs could be excellent on drums especially 'meaning of life' ...... I wanna get psycho da da da da da da :D

Mother Hips could be ok but im not overly familiar with them.

Is "Voices" the one where every 30 seconds he shouts "sooooooo?" ? The wife and baby find it hilarious when I sing that in the shower, that one's a must!

Here, is "Lazy Eye" representative of the Silversun Pickups stuff - really liked that when I heard it on GH:World Tour but the couple of songs of theirs I found on YouTube didn't really seem to float my boat. If I was hoping to give them ago, what album / tracks should I listen to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Give Carnavas a listen. I think all the songs they've released for RB/GH so far are on that. I really liked it anyway. They've got quite a unique sound, it was something different at least.

+1 for checking out their 'carnavas' album, swoon is good too but not a patch on the 1st one. Favourites from it would be common reactor or little lover's so polite.

Excellent news for the Wii owners. While XBox has the childish fripperies of the RB Network, we have just received something far more awesome - the New Releases button works! Ironically, it doesn't list a large number of tracks that weren't available to download this time last week (Them Crooked Vultures' New Fang and Megadeth's Rust In Peace album for example) but lets not quibble... For once, this week's tracks have shown up on time. Rejoice!

Is anyone not going to buy Tornado of Souls? Surely it qualifies for a challenge...

Banjo wrote: »
    While XBox has the childish fripperies of the RB Network

Sad thing is we don't have it here yet :(

On the plus side we get these on Tuesday ;)
    The Futureheads - “Decent Days & Nights” *
    The Futureheads - “Hounds of Love” *

The James Gang - “Walk Away” *

The White Stripes - “Fell in Love with a Girl” *
    The White Stripes - “Seven Nation Army”
    The White Stripes - “You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You’re Told)” *

Prices are 440 MSP for “The White Stripes Pack 02” or 160MSP per track.

Plus, the following tracks are just 80MSP each:
    Neil Peart - “The Hockey Theme” *

Shaimus - “All of This” *
    Shaimus - “Tie You Down” *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Futureheads! \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Harmonix and MTV Games today announced that a four pack of songs from pop sensation Lady Gaga, as well as a special Lady Gaga cover byCOMEDY CENTRAL’s South Park’s own Eric Cartman will be added next week to the Rock Band Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™.

Lady Gaga joins the more than 400 artists currently available through theRock Band platform. With more than 1,100 songs available,Rock Band is, without question, the industry leader in providing the best selection of interactive musical content, songs and artists.

“Lady Gaga Pack 01” will include “Bad Romance,” “Just Dance,” “Monster” and “Poker Face” and will be available for purchase as “Lady Gaga Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Lady Gaga is touring Europe and the United States this spring and fall, as part of her successful Monster Ball tour. For more information on tour dates, please visit www.ladygaga.com.

Additionally, a special version of Lady Gaga’s “Poker Face,” made famous bySouth Park’s Eric Cartman, will also be available in theRock Band Music Store next week. The track first appeared in the “Whale Whores” episode.

So SO tempted to delete this and pretend it isn't happening :mad:
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

humm... wont appear to embedded but its a link to Cartmen singing Poker Face.

You only put the stuff after the "=" in. Fix'd it for you

Yay Lady Gaga :)

South Park version was a given though seeing as they had the Timmy song in it already.

I like the idea that south park joked about that song being in it, so they put it in just for the larf, but then, I know how well the damn thing is going to see too. HMX can do no wrong it seems. (RB:GD isn't happening, RB:GD isn't happening :P)

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    RB:GD isn't happening :P)
    I like their old stuff but I was doubtful about the beatles after seeing how GH did their dedicated band games, and the lack of value that was ac/dc. but after playing the beatles I have semi high hopes that RB:GD could be OK :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

when does the gaga pack get released?

when does the gaga pack get released?

Tomorrow, Tuesday

• Advertisement

DLC for 23rd March
    Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (March 23) and PlayStation 3 system (March 25):

• X – “Blue Spark” +
    • X – “The Hungry Wolf”
    • X – “I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts”
    • X – “Los Angeles”
    • Little Fish – “Am I Crazy” +
    • Little Fish – “Bang Bang” *
    • Little Fish – “Darling Dear” *
    • Ace Frehley – “Outer Space”
    • Carrie Underwood – “All-American Girl” +
    • OneRepublic – “Stop & Stare” +

Been a while since I listened to X

Edit : Little Fish - Am I Crazy is a free song !!!!!!

Advertisement