Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Beautiful, smooth and sexy production of the backing track there man but in my (albiet amateur) opinion it sounds like you have key clash issues with the acapella

This tune's a bit of a weird one coz it's apparently in the key of Cmaj but there's a D major chord in there instead of D minor which is what you would normally play in the key of Cmajor and that little bit is throwing it off a bit in certain places

You can really hear the second chord of 'da da da da da'.... it's just not sitting right.

If you change the backing track to play notes in DMaj at these places you'll sort that out.

Lovely tune though otherwise.

*Disclaimer : Not an expert. Opinion only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Sky King wrote: »
    Beautiful, smooth and sexy production of the backing track there man but in my (albiet amateur) opinion it sounds like you have key clash issues with the acapella
    I agree with SkyKing on this. I think the backing could nearly stand on its own as track in its own right. I reckon the vocal level is a bit overpowering and dominated a tad too much cos I really like those stabs going on in the background but find it hard to hear the changes clearly.

Try taking snippits out of the vocal and using them as hits- you don't need to use the whole song

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Here's a track I made a little while ago - never got round to putting it on youtube until now. Video I cut from 'Akira' which suits my tune I think!!

All comments, feedback and youtube thumbs up appreciated of course!!

Love the groove and vocal cuts. Goes well with that video too. I've nothing bad to say about it, just sounds like a solid track. Really broad on the spectrum too. Good work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

A Remix of Madonna's Beautiful Stranger

https://soundcloud.com/tragamin/madonna-beautiful-stranger-tragamin-remix

(only recommended for good speakers or headphones ;) )

Nice production here, lots of elements in there that make the track have an interesting sound. It can tend to start sounding out of tune in some places. The vocals could use some layering and left & right delays to make them more juicy in my opinion. Good work dude! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

Here's a track I made a little while ago - never got round to putting it on youtube until now. Video I cut from 'Akira' which suits my tune I think!!

All comments, feedback and youtube thumbs up appreciated of course!!

Love it! perfect video for it! nothing overly complicated, just some real simple 80's style synthesis going on in good harmony, perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nskelton

Made this in a few hours, comments and feedback would be great. Thanks (can't post links yet so sorry for broken url)

www56 zippyshare com/v/88970709/file.html

Thanks a lot wasterex and Shane9689 :)

@nskelton - upload your tune to soundcloud and people will find it easier to listen and maybe give you their thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Hey guys I've recently finished this technoish track. Let me know what you think of it. Something a bit different again. https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/scoob-gypsy-swing

Thanks a lot wasterex and Shane9689 :)

@nskelton - upload your tune to soundcloud and people will find it easier to listen and maybe give you their thoughts.

You can stream it on that url there and I don't pay for soundcloud so don't have much choice

• Advertisement

nskelton wrote: »
    You can stream it on that url there and I don't pay for soundcloud so don't have much choice

The basic version of SoundCloud is free. People are more likely to listen to a track if it's on SoundCloud or YouTube rather than an unknown link.

made me want to watch akira again XD havent seen it in about 7 years

also, im listening to the track again for the simple reason that i like it...thats usually the best sign of a good track

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Hey guys I've recently finished this technoish track. Let me know what you think of it. Something a bit different again. https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/scoob-gypsy-swing

Gonna go through this as I listen (2nd time)
    I love that vocal and the delayed organ type stabs. Nice bongo percussion as well.
    Nice light kick and straigt forward hats add nice forward momentum. The track to this point has a nice deep feel to it. Personally I think the bassline is a bit too 'bouncy' if you know what I mean. At 3.28 it comes together quite well though.
    My other observation is on the distorted stabs that come in at 2.00. I just don't think it's a good sound.
    I like the overall core of the track thoug and of course, as always, this is just my opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

new tune from me. 80s vibe again :cool:

https://soundcloud.com/ravenh0lm/disco-sh*t

replace the * with an i to get around the censorship of Boards

I like it. It needs vocals though I think, no?

Your link doesn't work btw because of the naughty word in it - boards blocks it out:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

I like it. It needs vocals though I think, no?

Your link doesn't work btw because of the naughty word in it - boards blocks it out:pac:

thanks man, didnt think it would block that

Ravenholm wrote: »
    new tune from me. 80s vibe again :cool:

https://soundcloud.com/ravenh0lm/disco-sh*t

replace the * with an i to get around the censorship of Boards

has the eighties sounds alright, good track....some mixing and mastering would do this track wonders....

the main synth is alot higher in the mix than the rest of the track and it doesnt sound as though its mixed well in with the other synths, has a different feel to it...try using the same reverbs etc...? also....maybe pass everything through a saturator on the master set on an analog wave this helps with giving the track a warm hardware feel (apparently)

Made in live 9, still learning the ropes. Critique welcomed...

https:// soundcloud(dot)com/noah-skelton/crisp

cant post links yet so remove the space before soundcloud and put in the dot after... Thanks

nskelton wrote: »
    Made in live 9, still learning the ropes. Critique welcomed...

https:// soundcloud(dot)com/noah-skelton/crisp

cant post links yet so remove the space before soundcloud and put in the dot after... Thanks

Yeah, that's pretty nice. Minimal in a good way. I think there's too much going on the in mid and low frequencies though which makes the track a bit muffled. I'd cut some of the low end of the pad and brighten the hats and perc hits just to to give a cleaner sound.
    I'm guessing the arrangement isn't finalised with the way the track ends?
    The way the kick drops out suddenly at 2.18 is a bit startling. Might be a an idea to just bring in a hi pass filter on the kick instead of a full cut.

mordeith wrote: »
    Yeah, that's pretty nice. Minimal in a good way. I think there's too much going on the in mid and low frequencies though which makes the track a bit muffled. I'd cut some of the low end of the pad and brighten the hats and perc hits just to to give a cleaner sound.
    I'm guessing the arrangement isn't finalised with the way the track ends?
    The way the kick drops out suddenly at 2.18 is a bit startling. Might be a an idea to just bring in a hi pass filter on the kick instead of a full cut.

Yeah I agree everythings kinda shoved to the low end. Yeah I should of said when I posted it that it's not the finished track it's just the general idea at the moment. I've been making a lot of progress producing but once I get a nice sound down I never get around to actually making and arranging a track, I just fiddle with the same things and don't know how to progress..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 randonio14

Deep house track what do yous think? soundcloud.com/brandonrileyofficial/brandonriley-yourlove

randonio14 wrote: »
    Deep house track what do yous think? soundcloud.com/brandonrileyofficial/brandonriley-yourlove

Very strong kick and bass which could maybe do with being toned down a little.
    I reckon you could do without some of the vocal. The little snippets 'that's how good you love is' and a few shorter samples would work better I reckon than the full vocal.
    I like the shadow melody with the piano sound in the build at 4.01.
    Yeah, pretty enjoyable overall. A good party track.

Not my definition of deep house but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 randonio14

Very strong kick and bass which could maybe do with being toned down a little.
    I reckon you could do without some of the vocal. The little snippets 'that's how good you love is' and a few shorter samples would work better I reckon than the full vocal.
    I like the shadow melody with the piano sound in the build at 4.01.
    Yeah, pretty enjoyable overall. A good party track.

Not my definition of deep house but that's just me.

wow thanks :) i'm usually a hard dance (mostly hardstyle) producer so when i was producing my first deep song i went way out of my comfort zone. But the feedback is pretty amazing thank you so much :D

randonio14 wrote: »

i agree with alot of what mordieth said....the kick is very powerful for a deep house track, its like you approached a deep house track with Big room tools...unique but not sure it entirely works, bit of tidying and mixing and it would be a good track

NEw track from myself

What do you guys think?

https://soundcloud.com/shanemoloneys/asian-moth-demo-1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Labarbapostiza

Yeah, but most of the time I think it works, simply because it tonicly subverts the familiarity of the tune.

You can really hear the second chord of 'da da da da da'.... it's just not sitting right.

I think you're right about that chord there, but I think the clashing works everywhere else.

shane9689 wrote: »
    NEw track from myself

What do you guys think?

https://soundcloud.com/shanemoloneys/asian-moth-demo-1

Really good intro to this. Love the reversed notes and the bass. I think the snare could do with being a bit sharper though.
    Great little vowel hits. Like the guitar plucks in the second half of the track.
    For me though the main instrument (the harp-style plucks that come in at 1.08 and 3.08) kind of takes away a bit from the feel of the track. I don't think it's a strong enough sound. Personally I think a good piano sample here would work a bit better.
    Good stuff overall though. Nice drum programming.

Really good intro to this. Love the reversed notes and the bass. I think the snare could do with being a bit sharper though.
    Great little vowel hits. Like the guitar plucks in the second half of the track.
    For me though the main instrument (the harp-style plucks that come in at 1.08 and 3.08) kind of takes away a bit from the feel of the track. I don't think it's a strong enough sound. Personally I think a good piano sample here would work a bit better.
    Good stuff overall though. Nice drum programming.

thanks!
    i purposely had the snare on the down low, but ill take another look at it
    i had the same feedback from someone else aswell...guess i need to do something about the synths then, i just wanted to have a nice melody going, soo im not sure what to do in place of it...might throw in some funky samples or something...welll see

p.s the guitar plucks are actually just the synth made staccato via decay/attack settings etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Something new I've been playing about with https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/scoob-space-capsule-373
    ps what genre would you class this under?

• Advertisement

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Something new I've been playing about with https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/scoob-space-capsule-373
    ps what genre would you class this under?

haha, i recognise the bouncy apreggiated synth, often played around with it myself on ableton......sounds like synth pop...or straight up electronic?

reminds me of this album though.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnjTt7EnRx4

Advertisement