Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Reading some articles and the students are kinda stupid too... i know if i was giving the wrong paper i would say it straightaway instead of letting the supevisor figure out a minute later. Alot of info can be got in a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

If anyone can get a picture of the examiner I will pay them

I want it to be my avatar/MSN picture

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

i just found out from my dad that the supervisor MAY be a relative of mine.He has the same surname as me and his first name is the name of my dads great uncle...*cough,cough*:o....
    *runs away*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I was on the radio yesterday and I sounded very D4, I was cringing listening to myself. Every sentence sounded like a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

phasers wrote: »
    If anyone can get a picture of the examiner I will pay them

I want it to be my avatar/MSN picture

How Much

<snip>editting out picture</snip>

See his rate my teacher reports here
    http://ie.ratemyteachers.com/schools/ireland/dundalk/de_la_salle_secondary_school/pat__curran
    Best quote on there has to be ...
    "confuses simple things a little but would always try and help. Has a weird habit of changing the subject when asked a question he doesnt know the answer to" :)

Or even
    "# he has the rare ability to confuse things that were cemented in primary school! "
    #

Class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Ogham wrote: »
    How Much

See his rate my teacher reports here
    http://ie.ratemyteachers.com/schools/ireland/dundalk/de_la_salle_secondary_school/pat__curran
    Best quote on there has to be ...
    "confuses simple things a little but would always try and help. Has a weird habit of changing the subject when asked a question he doesnt know the answer to" :)

Or even
    "# he has the rare ability to confuse things that were cemented in primary school! "
    #

Class

He was a MATHS teacher?? apparently a mathematical genius....yet he couldn't tell the difference between the numbers 1 and 2.
    Nice. real nice.

Ogham:

million.jpg?t=1244207893

He was a Mathematical genius.
    He taught me up to Junior Cert before I got another teacher in T.Y.

Very nice man. He must be losing it though. He's possibly the most hated man in Ireland at the moment. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

you'd feel ****ing awful for ****ing up the whole leavin cert wouldn't you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Is it really necessary to go looking for pictures of the man? I certainly think giving instructions on how to find pictures is out of order.

Edit : Just saw you posted a picture of him. Honestly, why? I'd advise you to have some sense and delete that. Think of the poor man, everyone hating him right now. He certainly doesn't need everyone knowing what he looks like and making "hilarious" internet photoshops of him.

Second edit : Just saw the post was deleted, presumably by mods. Well don't I look foolish now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

feel sorry for him now, everyone makes mistakes. apparently the bags were colour coded every year until this year and he just presumed the green bag was paper one.

I feel sorry for him too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

tazbars wrote: »
    feel sorry for him now, everyone makes mistakes. apparently the bags were colour coded every year until this year and he just presumed the green bag was paper one.

Where did you hear / read that?

You're all making me feel bad. I'm getting rid of that picture.

Ok, somebody already did. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

you'd feel ****ing awful for ****ing up the whole leavin cert wouldn't you
    *sigh*

People make mistakes. Other people just have to get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,824 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Seriously though...was naming him really necessary?

Yes students have a right to be angry, and yes it was quite a cock-up on his part...

But he's only bloody human!!!! Everyone makes mistakes.

The poor old man's going to be hounded because of this!!

to quote some great wisdom from hannah montanna

'everybody makes mistakes, everybody has those days'

I haven't been keeping up with this thread/the news. Where was he named?

The Walsho wrote: »
    I haven't been keeping up with this thread/the news. Where was he named?

The Independent named him.
    He's an ex-teacher of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,824 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

to quote some great wisdom from hannah montana

"Wisdom"...."Hannah Montana"....same sentance??!!

Wonders may never cease...

• Advertisement

Thanks conorstuff. Why did they have to name him? It genuinely pisses me off that they did that. Was it in today's paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

From now on, there's to be no more posting pictures of this guy. There's no need for it whatsoever. If anyone posts a picture of him it will be deleted immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Ah Miley Cyrus / Hannah Montana / Destiny Hope, what a prophet. ;)

The Walsho wrote: »
    Thanks conorstuff. Why did they have to name him? It genuinely pisses me off that they did that. Was it in today's paper?

I don't think so. It was posted to their website though.

Sorry, it was me who posted that picture. Somebody requested it. I didn't mean any harm by it and I definitely won't be posting any more.
    I didn't think about anybody photoshopping it or whatever. That makes me feel kind of sick.

Can I just say that I think you're all being a teeny bit too sensitive. After tomorrow's paper life will move on. It's not like a rag-tag group of students will commandeer a pick up truck and hunt him down...

At most he'll get a bit of stick down the pub or something.

I don't think so. It was posted to their website though.

Sorry, it was me who posted that picture. Somebody requested it. I didn't mean any harm by it and I definitely won't be posting any more.
    I didn't think about anybody photoshopping it or whatever. That makes me feel kind of sick.

Found the article and have complained. I'm getting so old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

The reaction to this has conveyed everything I hate about the Leaving Cert and students' attitudes to it these days.

Focusing your study based on predictions, tips etc. is one thing, and though I disapprove of it, I wouldn't condemn it, but expecting to have this way of studying accommodated is really something that makes my blood boil.

If you're properly prepared, this shouldn't bother you much. If you took a risk and that paper was the only one you could have answered well on, well that's your own fault.

I can, however, sympathise with the rescheduling aspect of this fiasco. Why there isn't a system in place to enable the distrbution of an alternative paper within a few hours is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

The Independent named him.
    He's an ex-teacher of mine.

Damn Independent. Which school in Dundalk did he teach in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Peep O'Day

ye people here lambasting this poor man are an absolute disgrace and i bet the most of ye were not even half prepared for english in the first place and are going to use this man as a scapegoat for your poor efforts.
    typical, someone else always is to blame for self-failings....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    Can I just say that I think you're all being a teeny bit too sensitive. After tomorrow's paper life will move on. It's not like a rag-tag group of students will commandeer a pick up truck and hunt him down...

At most he'll get a bit of stick down the pub or something.

This man made a mistake that the whole country is talking about. It seriously affects all leaving cert students. It affects teachers and superintendents supernintendos. The government has had to sort stuff with Dublin Bus to ensure students can get to their exam on Saturday. His mistake is reportedly costing one million euro of taxpayers money.

All I'm saying is that I feel bad if I'm five minutes late when meeting someone. So I can only imagine how he's feeling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement