Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

bnm wrote: »
    What about the 'aul conspiracy theory that's floating about?? How typically Irish. We can never admit when we've made a mistake, so people with too much spare time on their hands come up with some completely irrational explanation as to why someone handed out the wrong paper. I think it's pretty self-explanatory. Everyone makes mistakes. Ok, well in saying that, not all mistakes cost the Gov. an extra million quid, but this kind of thing is bound to happen every now and then. I can't help feeling sorry for the poor dude. He clearly panicked once he realised what he'd done and just freaked. But why did he have p2 in the first place? Is it not supposed to be issued on the day on which it is to be sat? Well that's what I thought anyway.

This new paper could have similar enough stuff on it, with any luck. The 2 different parties who set the papers have never met, therefore neither have eliminated nor included material the other has or has not, as the case may be. Also, I'd hope the markers would take this whole kerfuffle into account when correcting. Not so as to adopt an easier marking scheme or anything, just to be a tiny bit more considerate, if you catch my drift..? :D I agree, everyone just needs to chill out. No amount of complaining or moaning will get you anywhere. Just sit the frickin' exam and move swiftly on.

Ireland crumbling to pieces is great fun to watch, has to be said.

Indeed. I just wonder how rubbish the Examiner feels right now!
    smilerxxx wrote: »
    Ah, how kind.
    Hope you're doing well out there in the big bad world! :)

I'm alive !!! I gotta say though, i thought the LC was very stressful, but wait until you have it completed its the best feeling EVER!!! I didn't get my first choice (comp prog UL). I got my second choice Elec Eng! and to be honest i didnt even know what it was! I started sep 00 and it was the best 5 yrs of my life (took a yr out to find myself :pac:) I now have a 2.2 in elec eng and its a funny conversation starter as i'm a girl! I don't even work as an eng now, i've gone the marketing route... so what i'll say is Strange things happen for a reason !!!! This might bump ya up a few points....:D

It is a great feeling indeed.
    Life takes you in funny directions, I guess. :)
    Does anyone think that the invigilator had one hell of a good bank holiday (unlike majority of us) and was maybe quite possible still suffering on Wednesday mornin? :p

Not really. I blame sheer carelessness, but, I like your style!
    As far as this thread has shown: jumping to conclusions is fun!

However, I wonder will the investigation be published? Or, made available under the Freedom of Information Act?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Hels88

I also just wanted to wish all of ya out there the best of luck for Saturday (and the rest of the exams). I did the Leaving Cert in 2006 and again in 2007 and my little brother is sitting them this year. So good luck guys, you'll get through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 --x-randomer-x-

I wish i was dying on wednesday mornin!!! or even sunday mornin!!! Wil defo make up for it this night next week! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

I wish i was dying on wednesday mornin!!! or even sunday mornin!!! Wil defo make up for it this night next week! :D

Quoted for truth, going to make the days after the Leaving and the entire summer the best days evar D: Bloody nightmare this is.

I turned 18 2 weeks ago and stil havent celebrated properly yet:( cannot wait to get finished!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Most teachers focus on POINTS POINTS POINTS, everything has another path, when your 23 (yes im now well over 23 hehehe) you can pretty much do anything you want, with the exception of a couple of courses, b.ed for eg. The 3 higher level subjects one to be irish are definite, no matter how old you are (i know 2 girls who sat lc irish HL last yr, both passed and are now on their way to primary school jobs!) so one major tip from me is never drop to OL on the day. Just in case you need to drum up the results again in yrs to come.! Big hug to all stuck in this mess.... i'm thinking of ye

You'll have a ball when its done! and i bet you'll pass with flying colours!! focus on the pint not the points ;)

Am not too worried about failing... i passed all last yr sooo its al gravy! :D

excellent!!! major hoo haa over this! I can't blame em! but it sure as hell kept my day at work interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

http://www.nuigalway.ie/courses/undergraduate/courses.php?cCode=gy101

H
    I am just wondering if someone could take a quick look at this.
    Its a little off topic but if someone could explain that to me.Does that mean you have to pass in Irish and English.Its a littlle on topic as it doesnt state maths as a requirement
    I really dont want to start a new thread as it doesnt deserve one.

To contribute:
    Its a bloody disgrace but we need to get over it.As said before it shouldnt really affect us that much.
    Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement

i was far from laughing last night.. my friends were laughing saying thats what you get for repeatin! :L But next thursday when am finished i will defo be able to laugh at it!! Its a story for the grandchildren! :)

You have to pass English Irish at Honours or Pass level and another language with 3 other subjects..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

i was far from laughing last night.. my friends were laughing saying thats what you get for repeatin! :L But next thursday when am finished i will defo be able to laugh at it!! Its a story for the grandchildren! :)

And sure worse case scenario you'll have to repeat again! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

"Minimum Grade HC3 in two subjects and passes in four other subjects at H or O Level in the Leaving Certificate including: Irish, English, another language and three other subjects recognised for entry purposes."

HC3 in two subjects, passes in 4 other subjects of higher or ordinary level

Must have Irish English, another language and 3 other recognised subjects.

I got in to geology in Galway NUI when I got an E on higher level Maths, because I'd three HC3 or higher to combat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Will there be record lows of people repeating after this year's...'blip' do you reckon?

Told you you don't "fail your leaving cert".

Read your course requirements, not the urging jeers of your teacher who doesn't want F's on her record. Like mine. Bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Will there be record lows of people repeating after this year's...'blip' do you reckon?

I think very few will want to repeat moreso because of the threat of third level fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Nah I doubt it. People generally don't repeat unless they are 100% positive that they want to do a certain course -why else would they be willing to do a whole extra year? If you were committed enough, you wouldn't let something like this stand in your way of getting the points you need for the course you want.
    This years incident is very unlikely to repeat itself again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Wtf, on the 6 o'clock news it just said that the new paper was prepared seperatly from the leaked one => the poets are completely different.

NOW i'm shtting it.

Wtf, on the 6 o'clock news it just said that the new paper was prepared seperatly from the leaked one => the poets are completely different.

NOW i'm shtting it.

How are you linking those two pieces of information dude? Logic, get some

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kiara.

They just said they were prepared seperately theres no telling whats gonna come.. Just like the one we should have had today.

Nobody knew what was coming up on either?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

NOW i'm shtting it.

That is not what they meant or what they said.
    The backup paper is prepared by an entirely different team and they have no knowledge of what is on the primary paper. For all we know they chose almost identical questions than those on the primary exam. They were basing their exams on the same information the other team did. Thus the predictions made based on the past exam papers still stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Claypigeon wrote: »
    How are you linking those two pieces of information dude? Logic, get some

I'm not linking it, RTE are linking it. Common sense, get some.

You think that because someone else wrote it, they would break the pattern that others have noticed and predicted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kiara.

Im sorry but I didn't once here them say anything about the poets not being the same..

They said prepared they were prepared seperately so nobody knows whats coming up.

YOU didn't know what was coming up on the original, like you don't know whats coming up on the next one..

What exactly is the difference???

Just because you know what came up today.. Yet theres still no knowing..

Just study and stop coming on here moaning about it.

Kiara. wrote: »
    Im sorry but I didn't once here them say anything about the poets not being the same..

They said prepared they were prepared seperately so nobody knows whats coming up.

YOU didn't know what was coming up on the original, like you don't know whats coming up on the next one..

What exactly is the difference???

Just because you know what came up today.. Yet theres still no knowing..

Just study and stop coming on here moaning about it.

hear, hear

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Geog

Look forward, not backwards.

What happened happened. Nobody died. Keep your focus on the positive.

Hope that all makes sense. A friend of mine was doing her Lreaving Cert when her father died in the first day! On the scale of things, that was much worse and it was something peculiar to her. At least, everyone is in the same boat here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

fifa09 wrote: »
    ya and im sure you would be this calm if it was your leaving cert ! Im sure that you would be completly prepared for every poet even though teachers were telling us that bishop longly and keats are very very very likely to come up and look at that.. they did i think every leaving certer has the right to be freaking out !

You dont know how easy ye have it! When I did my leaving cert, we had English paper 1 and maths paper 1 on the same monday morning, following on tuesday morning with paper 1 Irish and paper 2 English. Cant remember the rest but we had all our big exams piled together with no breaks in between!

And now yere whinging becuase you got an even bigger gap btween papers! Hope you grow up pretty fast

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement