Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

What's everyone gonna start with? Macbeth? Poetry?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mrpeech

I'm having a hard time finding (through 154 odd pages and counting) the actual poets that came up on the leaked higher paper 2 drogheda tests, can someone give me a link please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

What's everyone gonna start with? Macbeth? Poetry?

I generally just look through it and whatever one I feel I can write the best answer on I jump onto

That said I'm going to be waffling quite a bit. Really don't know enough about the comparative

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Im not saying anyone SHOULD go to louth, but i can certainly understand some of you daredevils wanting to see it for yourselves before we wall it up and fill it with weasels (Sadly were not allowed shovel it into the ocean anymore, the eu says theres enough waste in there already and any more risks waking the giant squid creature created by sellafield). If you do decide to go, or just end up there by accident after mistaking it for a large public toilet or a recycling center here are some general precautions to abide by:

1:Make sure you check your pockets for handfulls of dirt before leaving the county. Louth knows its days are numbered and is slowly trying to smuggle itself into other countys one piece at a time, likewise if for whatever reason you go swimming in one of louths many beaches and find sand in your bathing suit, call the rape crisis hotline immediately.

2:Be careful of the weather. Part of the reason louth keeps ****ing things up is because its high ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME. Tourists have reported taking walks in foggy weather only to later lose their jobs after failing a drugs screening.

3:Do Not Talk To Strangers!: Nothing particularly dangerous about it, but the people of louth seriously need a healthy dose of the silent treatment right about now.

4:Beware of witches: Many people are saying english paper 2 wasnt leaked at all, but was instead revealed via a macbeth like prophecy. Unverified as of yet, but if anyone offers you the thane of cawdorship you get the **** out of there.

LULZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

mrpeech wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time finding (through 154 odd pages and counting) the actual poets that came up on the leaked higher paper 2 drogheda tests, can someone give me a link please :)

Walcott, Keats, Bishop and I think Longley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I hope Cultural Context comes up in the end. One of our comparatives was Regeneration and I'll be honest, I couldn't follow it at all. I literally had no idea what was happening 99% of the time while we were reading it. At least if Cultural Context comes up I might not have to discuss much of anything about the main characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I hope Theme or Issue comes up... Theme of disability come on!!! If not then cultural context. I only know Bishop and Longley, and my Macbeth is.. well.. Macbetish...

If i get a C i'd be happy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i knew a man once!...did english paper 1! .....died! ......wont do it again!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 HeatherF

mink_man wrote: »
    i knew a man once!...did english paper 1! .....died! ......wont do it again!!!
    OMG.... u Knew him 2?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

HeatherF wrote: »
    OMG.... u Knew him 2?? :)

His name was Harry, he lived under my stairs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭imfreein09

did any of ye hear that apparently the examiner said to the ppl who he gave it 2 by mistake not to say anything??

if u told ur mum wud she ring up ?? thats crazy like!! i would shoot my mum if she did!!..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 HeatherF

His name was Harry, he lived under my stairs.
    Oh!!
    Sh1t neva mind so......
    I was thinkn of Henry.....
    Lived at the back of my garage!!!...
    hmmm.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

imfreein09 wrote: »
    did any of ye hear that apparently the examiner said to the ppl who he gave it 2 by mistake not to say anything??

if u told ur mum wud she ring up ?? thats crazy like!! i would shoot my mum if she did!!..
    Yes, most people have heard that by now.

On another note, excessive use of text speak is not allowed here. Use your full keyboard please. This goes for you too, HeatherF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭imfreein09

On another note, excessive use of text speak is not allowed here. Use your full keyboard please.

i am deeply sorry.. had a long day.. geog was a nightmare and im not the full shilling at the moment.. ha im so tired!!!

i only heard that today, so crazy, has his picture been released anywhere yet? surely the most wanted man in ireland by half of the teenage population!!!

any tips for tomorrow?? is it safe to just do bishop and cultural? or is that a bit dodge?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mrpeech

rhapsody! wrote: »
    Walcott, Keats, Bishop and I think Longley.

thanks a mill

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

That_Guy wrote: »
    Damn you Randy. That guy was supposed to be the face of Louth. :)
    Sorry. I didn't want him to end up with egg on his face :pac:

... especially as he has nothing whatsoever to do with all of this.
    JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I can, however, sympathise with the rescheduling aspect of this fiasco. Why there isn't a system in place to enable the distrbution of an alternative paper within a few hours is beyond me.
    If it had been reported when it happened there would have been no need to re-schedule.

As it was it only reached the SEC in late afternoon, and by the route of rumour and hearsay mosytly, and they then had to investigate and verify it.

Cut it too tight.

If he had 'fessed up immediately (hell, he even had an SEC official in for a spot-check half an hour later) the suppurating boil could have been a mere itchy pimple ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

If he had 'fessed up immediately (hell, he even had an SEC official in for a spot-check half an hour later) the suppurating boil could have been a mere itchy pimple ... :rolleyes:

Thats a very ..erm 'Vivid' way of putting it I guess:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

-Kenny- wrote: »
    Thats a very ..erm 'Vivid' way of putting it I guess:rolleyes:
    I was good at English ... >_>

I knew the difference between 1 and 2 as well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

I was good at English ... >_>

I knew the difference between 1 and 2 as well! :D

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

On another note, excessive use of text speak is not allowed here. Use your full keyboard please. This goes for you too, HeatherF.

ah here his writting is perfectly legible , its the people who substitute one letter for a whole word that are the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

awhir wrote: »
    ah here his writting is perfectly legible , its the people who substitute one letter for a whole word that are the problem.

[off topic]I get what you're saying but we ask people not to use text speak because (a) some people find it very difficult to read and (b)there's no need for it because there's no 160-characters limit. It's not a big deal.[/off topic]

Getting back on topic....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

[off topic]I get what you're saying but we ask people not to use text speak because (a) some people find it very difficult to read and (b)there's no need for it because there's no 160-characters limit. It's not a big deal.[/off topic]

Getting back on topic....

Completely off-topic again for a sec, but I LOVE your username!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kiara.

Efforts of going into school tomorrow :p

Is it true about the jews been quarantined until Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Yup.

It's gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Kiara. wrote: »

I heard it on the news this morning, so probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Well that's what they told them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Yup, in the rabbi's house. I think.

Somehow, if it was put on sunday instead, i couldn't see us all piling into the parish priests house for the night :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

yep one of them was on that 2fm show yesterday evening , she staying with the rabi for the day , lets hope there nothing like our priests :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Yup, in the rabbi's house. I think.

Somehow, if it was put on sunday instead, i couldn't see us all piling into the parish priests house for the night :rolleyes:

That's just wrong.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

That's just wrong.:eek:

I honestly didnt mean any reference to the christian brothers thing if thats what you're thinking. Im implying that theres no way our religion would be taken as seriously.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement