Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

The Walsho wrote: »
    Found the article and have complained. I'm getting so old.

Would you mind posting the link so I can too? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Peep O'Day

why am i not surprised that it was the independent that named him? such a fcuking rag, cant even wipe your arse with it, its no better than any of the english tabloids.

i hope some of the lazy journalists are reading this message - print this :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    The reaction to this has conveyed everything I hate about the Leaving Cert and students' attitudes to it these days.

Focusing your study based on predictions, tips etc. is one thing, and though I disapprove of it, I wouldn't condemn it, but expecting to have this way of studying accommodated is really something that makes my blood boil.

If you're properly prepared, this shouldn't bother you much. If you took a risk and that paper was the only one you could have answered well on, well that's your own fault.

I can, however, sympathise with the rescheduling aspect of this fiasco. Why there isn't a system in place to enable the distrbution of an alternative paper within a few hours is beyond me.

Agree with the first part of your post. But I would never have thought printing and binding 50,000 (I think?) papers and getting them all around the country could be done in a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

Aw, I feel really sorry for the poor guy. I really hope this doesn't ruin his life. I don't think he should've been named by the newspaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

-ME- wrote: »
    Aw, I feel really sorry for the poor guy. I really hope this doesn't ruin his life. I don't think he should've been named by the newspaper.

It wont ruin his life, this will have all died down in a few weeks.

Although there will probably be an episode of Scannál about it next year, and it'll be in future reeling in the years episodes too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Agree with the first part of your post. But I would never have thought printing and binding 50,000 (I think?) papers and getting them all around the country could be done in a few hours.
    They wouldn't have to be printed centrally and then distributed. All that would be needed would be a pdf and a good quality printing facility in each area.

Cionád wrote: »
    404 - Page not found :confused:

Hmm. Look on independent.ie, see the article "Paper dream dashed by internet" (that headline makes me cringe)? A few minutes ago that was "Exam fiasco man failed to raise alert in spot-check" and was the article with your man's name and a bit of background info. Both articles used the same photograph, with those two lads. They seem to have pulled the article. Perhaps I wasn't the only one that complained.

Thankfully I still have the old article open in a tab so I know I'm not a mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Hmm. Look on independent.ie, see the article "Paper dream dashed by internet" (that headline makes me cringe)? A few minutes ago that was "Exam fiasco man failed to raise alert in spot-check" and was the article with your man's name and a bit of background info. Both articles used the same photograph, with those two lads. They seem to have pulled the article. Perhaps I wasn't the only one that complained.

Thankfully I still have the old article open in a tab so I know I'm not a mental.

Prnt Screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Its a hard mistake to do... First supervisor go to the exam centres a recommended hour before hand! Sign the bag with the exam papers. Then the examiner should point the sticker out to two random students to make sure its the right paper and it is sealed... I think he was just unorganized. My Aunt who is also supervising in Wexford siad that all the women are there an hour before hand getting scripts ready.

The supervisors in my examination hall are as shocked as anyone but making a joke of it too
    "Today is maths paper I, i'll repeat that number I and just to be on the safe said everyone come up and check the SEALED bag" lol Legend

Prnt Screen?

Sure thing.
    independentedit.jpg

Would have been hypocritical if I didn't black out his name. No other editing was done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 THEDUDEINWHITE

Doesn't really matter now, his name is printed on the front page of The Independent

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

He was a Mathematical genius.
    He taught me up to Junior Cert before I got another teacher in T.Y.

Very nice man. He must be losing it though. He's possibly the most hated man in Ireland at the moment. :(

Sorry think my post came off a bit harsh, probably is very good at maths, just though it was kinda ironic he was a maths teacher, and the mix-up was to do with numbers!

I think more people feel sorry for him than hate him actually!
    And yeah it was completely uneccesary for the Indo to name him. Poor guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Can't believe it was him, laughed my ****in head off when I found out.

The guy is an absolute genius when it comes to maths. Can't believe I didn't think of it being him. Sound lad, had him for maths for a year. Can't stop laughing though. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That fella in the polo shirt in Walsho's picture must be loving this, every time I turn on the news he's on it with his polo shirt and his hair

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Free advertisement for ****

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

you'd feel ****ing awful for ****ing up the whole leavin cert wouldn't you

Blown out of proportion or what? He didn't fcuk up your entire LC. It's one paper out of many. Just go and study for your exam tomorrow and be done with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kiara.

Some lad shouted out today in maths

"This is paper 2"

Was kinda hard not to laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Kiara. wrote: »
    Some lad shouted out today in maths

"This is paper 2"

Was kinda hard not to laugh :D

Haha, something similar happened with us, your superintendant told us at half 9 ' ok lads thats it im handing out the papers so quiet down .. Wiat this is paper 2!!!' was joking though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 kevwall

what do y tink will come up?? come on bishop babe :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

I got to sign the thingy to prove it was paper 1 today :P

so privilleged

-Kenny- wrote: »
    Haha, something similar happened with us, your superintendant told us at half 9 ' ok lads thats it im handing out the papers so quiet down .. Wiat this is paper 2!!!' was joking though

You see. People are having a laugh about it already.

That's the nature in this country. Something happens, Joe Duffy gets tons of calls about it and then people have a laugh later about it.

You will all look back and laugh at this. I just hope the paper is kind to you all tomorrow otherwise this thread is going to be full to bursting with anti-Louth posts and CAPS lock everywhere....... *prays*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kiara.

I got to sign the thingy to prove it was paper 1 today :P

so privilleged

Haha same, Although im not so privelleged, Cos I have to do it everyday and its only cos im right up at the Superintendants desk :\

She stares at me!! Puts you off :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Lock this thread please!!!

creggy wrote: »
    Lock this thread please!!!

I guess if you don't wanna post in it you don't have to. If the paper tomorrow is ok for them then I'd love to have it closed because there'll be no point in complaining...... BUT..... if the sh*t hits the fan......... RUN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

The SEC said they were already printed but distribution would have been a problem. ffs, if newspapers can be printed in Dublin and available next morning from top to bottom of the country by 8am, why can't 50,000 papers be distributed to 800 schools in less time. Get the army/gardai involved in a bit of distribution. Of course, if the supervisor had just admitted the error and advised the SEC when the error happened, there would have been loads of time. An error is forgivable, but to cover it up like he did, unforgivable. I don't have problem with him being named, he is after costing taxpayed 1m euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think the thread is pretty funny

phasers wrote: »
    I think the thread is pretty funny

It was for a bit with all the goons posting bebo links to their "NUKE LOUTH" bebo pages.

Still, I'm sure boards has never had this many new users registered on the one day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭claudtreacy

-Kenny- wrote: »

sure im in junior cert and the super looked at maths paper 1, put it up to the light, kept inspectin, we were all there rolling our eyes, he laughed, "YES ITS PAPER 1"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement