Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish SF IV online player list.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Added you to the main page Biggs.

Welcome aboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 johnnybluez

any1 looking to fight an experienced dictator?? johnnyblue100 psn
    do it...now!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Biggs wrote: »
    I was referred here by Sisko-ire.

My PSN: BiggsWedgeJessie

Craic Biggs! I see you made it, welcome to the forums. (I'm Sisko) :D

Watch out for that retrogamer fella if he see's your name tag, he hates FF7 :p
    any1 looking to fight an experienced dictator?? johnnyblue100 psn
    do it...now!! :)

Get 'em azza!

:p

I'll add you.

nice one, looking forward to the challenges :) got to get the ps3 back :(
    if you dont mind me asking, what GP are you on mr. funt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

i have 1000 gp i own

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    i have 1000 gp i own

nice one ;) if youre on psn, ill fight ya :p

Nah I'm on XBL, was just kidding around anyway... I don't think GP is a great measure of player skill personally. :pac:

ah thats a shame, might catch ya on my brothers xbox then :D
    doesnt measure skill exactly but its a rough guide ;)

nice one, looking forward to the challenges :) got to get the ps3 back :(
    if you dont mind me asking, what GP are you on mr. funt :D

hehe jaysus I don't even remember at this stage, something like 4k on ps3 and pssh I dunno 2k ish on the pc. I don't play ranked or championship mode at all.

I generally stick to player matches, I rather a long session against a good player then spending ages looking for a quick match and its over, on to the next guy.

I've had the privilege of playing with some of the top players on this small island and a lot of them would be the same and don't generally play for GP.

It can be a rough guide though I agree, generally if someone has extremely high GP he's gotta have some skill.

I don't think so really, I remember when one of the first americans that got into SG posted vids of his first matches there and he was a pretty horrible bison. Just involves spending a lot of hours at the game imo

• Advertisement

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    hehe jaysus I don't even remember at this stage, something like 4k on ps3 and pssh I dunno 2k ish on the pc. I don't play ranked or championship mode at all.

I generally stick to player matches, I rather a long session against a good player then spending ages looking for a quick match and its over, on to the next guy.

I've had the privilege of playing with some of the top players on this small island and a lot of them would be the same and don't generally play for GP.

It can be a rough guide though I agree, generally if someone has extremely high GP he's gotta have some skill.

yh finding a good player and getting as many matches as you can is great, but playing for points gives you character vs character experience. but i get what you mean.

ive been looking for few top players on the ye aul island too and maybe the odd competition or two. just never really knew how to find them or sign up :(:(

@ dreddy fair point.

@ johnny , you were looking for top irish players? well you've found the place now my friend.

I get what you mean by character v character experience, I think personally I could benefit from having to work out a guys pattern earlier in terms of helping me with tournies, I'm very used to just learning patterns over time, taking the losses to test reactions then basically download the guys play style till he switches up or counters mine. (or quits)

I tend to take a few matches before I get to my peak of skill, where as when it comes to tournies it'd be better to get to that peak far earlier.

I look forward to the online tourny mode in SSF4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

GP doesn't mean anything. At all. Just a measure of time more than anything. A good player match session against a good player with a good connection is much more beneficial than grinding points in Championship.

And I'm in SG ;)

I'd advise that you get a good friend's list of good players with good connections that play different characters from here or whatever and have extensive sessions with them.

yh figuring out a certain players style is one thing, but playing for points allow you to figure out, what to do against certain characters eg how to play against blanka using bison etc.

yh ssf4 looks amazing, cant wait!!! and cant wait to test my skills against the rest of yas :) i got a close buddy whos actually amazing with ryu, both of us are dying to enter some sort of tourney...hopefully this is the place that can provide some links :D:D:D

Cobelcog wrote: »
    A good player match session against a good player with a good connection is much more beneficial than grinding points in Championship.

And I'm in SG ;)

I'd advise that you get a good friend's list of good players with good connections that play different characters from here or whatever and have extensive sessions with them.

Yo ever think of getting the pc version?

<_<

>_>

:(

Next time we meet at a tourney I must get some casuals with yea anyways m8, although I'll have to use stick since I doubt we'll have a format where we can both use our pads :p At this stage i'm better on stick then those dodgy ps1 pads I've been trying recently anyways.
    yh figuring out a certain players style is one thing, but playing for points allow you to figure out, what to do against certain characters eg how to play against blanka using bison etc.

First of all, the phrase 'playing for points' makes me shudder, I just don't think its a good mentality to have, but I see it in a lot of online players in SF4 (hence all the quitting and 1 round 30 second matches in ranked etc)

For me its about the fight... that epic intense battle, two minds locked in battle, trying to out think, out predict and out manipulate each other combined with their ability to execute moves at the right moment. Points are meaningless to me.

I suppose the closest thing to that would be when I get to the stage where I can up my game a decent bit, I can start looking at trying to place higher at each tourny I attend. But I'm miles away from even looking at a top 3 spot in a tourney , and even if I ever to get to that stage, for me it'll still be about the fight. :D

as for
    allow you to figure out, what to do against certain characters eg how to play against blanka using bison etc.

I think a long session against a top blanka player will teach you far far more then a quick 1 round bout against a standard blanka in champ mode. :p
    i got a close buddy whos actually amazing with ryu, both of us are dying to enter some sort of tourney...hopefully this is the place that can provide some links :D:D:D

This is the right place yes, get your mate on here too man. And feel free to take part in any thread being discussed on here and attend any tourney or casual meet up being discussed. Theres one this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

The way I see it, if you play enough games to get to SG/G1 whatever, I reckon you've got pretty good experience of the game, at least. I've fought guys on 15,000GP that are far better than some of the 40,000GPs I've met.....but no player with high Gp that I've met has been absolute crap.

Yo ever think of getting the pc version?

<_<

>_>

:(

Next time we meet at a tourney I must get some casuals with yea anyways m8, although I'll have to use stick since I doubt we'll have a format where we can both use our pads :p At this stage i'm better on stick then those dodgy ps1 pads I've been trying recently anyways.

I'd like to get the PC version. I would've definately bought it when the price was seriously lowered a while back but one problem stopped me! My PC can't handle it :(

Yeah man, sounds good! If things work out, I should be able to make it to the next Inferno so I should see you there.

dont worry, im better on the stick than i am on the pad anyways ;) should be a bita craic to be had :p:p so dont you worry about that

First of all, the phrase 'playing for points' makes me shudder, I just don't think its a good mentality to have, but I see it in a lot of online players in SF4 (hence all the quitting and 1 round 30 second matches in ranked etc)

For me its about the fight... that epic intense battle, two minds locked in battle, trying to out think, out predict and out manipulate each other combined with their ability to execute moves at the right moment. Points are meaningless to me.

im not point crazy, its not what i meant. what i meant to say was, that by playing in champ mode, you get bits and bobs of experience on how to deal with certain characters, learn a bit about ryu in this match, learn about sagat in the next. at least in champ mode your chances of getting experience on el fuerte are higher :):) points dont matter really, bita fun is wat its all about :D:D
    This is the right place yes, get your mate on here too man. And feel free to take part in any thread being discussed on here and attend any tourney or casual meet up being discussed. Theres one this month.

wow, should be going to that if we get the chance, cant wait to own some peeps :p:p jokin m8, be a bita banter :D:D we both use arcade sticks so any format suits :):)

Ah johnnybluez a good Dictator you say. They are always welcome around, unlike the players that play that 24 other peices of human garbage in this game. :P

Anyway whats your online name, I'll add you for a few games.

Azza wrote: »
    Ah johnnybluez a good Dictator you say. They are always welcome around, unlike the players that play that 24 other peices of human garbage in this game. :P

Anyway whats your online name, I'll add you for a few games.

hahahahaha nice ;) your not a dictactor player yourself are ya??? hate same character match ups :(:(

johnnyblue100 on psn, going to be a few days before i get my ps3 back, so please be patient dude :):)

• Advertisement

Yup I play Bison as well. I'll add you on my PS3 so. Play you whenever.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yup I play Bison as well. I'll add you on my PS3 so. Play you whenever.

Oooh new psn blood. hadoomken for me. Guile player. Fighting Dictators gives me purpose :D

I'm on PSN now if you want a few games Doom?

Cobelcog wrote: »
    I'd like to get the PC version. I would've definately bought it when the price was seriously lowered a while back but one problem stopped me! My PC can't handle it :(

So upgrade it :p

<_<

>_>

hehe
    dont worry, im better on the stick than i am on the pad anyways ;) should be a bita craic to be had :p:p so dont you worry about that

I was talking to Cobelcog there m8 :p He's on 360 and I'm ps3 and pc so we can't play online. And offline he uses a 360 pad and I'm currently at my best on a ps3 pad so we have issues there also hehe unless we have a pc to play on which is rare.

Cobels cammy will rape me either way but as I said I love playing good players.

Your on PSN so sure I'll be able to play you online next time I'm on and I see you online anyways.

also lads if yeas are looking for more PSN players , don't let this off topic postings distract from this guy too
    Biggs wrote: »
    I was referred here by Sisko-ire.

My PSN: BiggsWedgeJessie

who I've had some ggs with recently. He seems to enjoy the charge characters blanka honda bison etc

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm on PSN now if you want a few games Doom?

Give me 15?

You have 14 minutes and 13 seonds.

I like how us mods can thread hijack to suit our own purposes. :D

So upgrade it :p

<_<

>_>

hehe

I'll wait and see if there's plans for Super on the PC first :p

hehehe.....damn you and your sensible thinking...

but..but you can't mod the console version to have all crazy costumes - sounds - music - voices - stages or turn the announcer off :p

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll have it soon Cunny, will that make you happy? ;)

• Advertisement

Brill! more people on the best version of the game ftw :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement