Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you do/like that other people think are weird

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Do you know what my weirdest thing is? : I am a woman, and I DO NOT like going to the bathroom with ANYONE ELSE:eek::eek:

My friends properly cannot understand this, 'Keogg will you come to the bathroom with me?' 'No goddamnit why do you need somebody to get you pee?! What are you, FOUR?!'
    Cue unnecessarily large argument, ending with me caving and going to the bathroom:rolleyes:

EDIT: My sister is terrified on men on stilts... I never understood this, then one day we were out and there was this guy on stilts (I think we were at the RDS horse show...) and its was pretty scary!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sul02

If the volume setting on the tv comes up as a number on the screen i have to have it at a number divisable by 10 or 5, dunno why......just sounds better lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

brummytom wrote: »
    Don't know if it fits in this thread.

But you know at barbers, when they use that razor/shaver thingy with the little clip-ons to shave the back of your head (I have a short back and sides);; my spine just seems to spasm during this.. anyone else get that? I just have to pretend I've got an itch or something because it makes me squirm

:/

I get that too, I always feel a little bit scared that I'm subconsciously being turned on by the barber...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Rocky Balboa 2

When setting volume of raio in the car of the temperature it must be an EVEN number. People make weird faces where they put temperature at 22.5 and I put it down to 22 etc.

volume on tv cannot be 11 or 13..must be 10,12,14

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I like having subtitles on.

My hearing's fine though.

Wow, didn't think anyone else did this.

I do too! :o
    I get that too, I always feel a little bit scared that I'm subconsciously being turned on by the barber...
    :pac: No chance of that... she's a right trampy thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Abigayle wrote: »
    I knew a guy like that once. He died.

I'd say I'll die too!
    When setting volume of raio in the car of the temperature it must be an EVEN number. People make weird faces where they put temperature at 22.5 and I put it down to 22 etc.

volume on tv cannot be 11 or 13..must be 10,12,14

SNAP! Although have to say I don't mind 25 for some reason!

Also, I can't log off boards with an uneven post count! I have done a few times but it actually drives me demented!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

I like chocolate mixed with scrambled egg. Am i a dirty birdie?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Novella wrote: »
    Also, I can't log off boards with an uneven post count! I have done a few times but it actually drives me demented!

That is odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Banter Joe wrote: »
    That is odd!

I know! I should seek help haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭fiona12

• Eating Raw potatoes
    • Eating scrambled egg & syrup on toast
    • Eating cream cheese & jam on toast
    • I also imagine saying something to someone and what that person says back when alone
    • When in bed, the covers have to be over my ears
    • Eating croutons from the packet, just like crisps
    • Giving my oh a bl*w j*b - honestly I love it:P
    • lurking on Boards!:D
    We are all a bunch of freaks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 jokerrus

being highly spiritual! God dammit people think i'm weird cause i'm a wicca. WTF.
    them shallow bast**ds
    tisnt really tat metal now, in all fairness. !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

people think im weird because i dont like going to or people having parties for me or anything got to do with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 jokerrus

dude that is kinda .. ahem!
    Na, I understand. You are what you are, and shouldnt give a damn about what other thinks. I on the other hand love going out. Galway is absolutely fantastic for night life. I can never get enough.

galway is crap after 2 years of living there,im done with the whole farmers trying to dance in cuba, i still love heading to the pub though! its just parties are bleugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

the volume on tv HAS to be a even number.

when i eat all the noodles from the koka pot i drink the curry water (its lovely) but everyone does be like WTF?

i love lost...come on people its the best tv series ever:cool:

umm ive gota lot of weird sh!t but cant think of anything good:P

...i cannot eat anything without red sauce and or salt....well anything that u can put them on....saltaholic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

People think it's weird that I love getting my back scratched, I could sit there for hours letting someone scratch my back.

i love that too! its one of those things that once you scratch you get another itch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Having my hair brushed.

I make my friend do it all the time!

i like popping mine and other peoples spots and getting my bf to pop mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

A few things

I love peanut butter and tuna sandwiches..try them ya need a glass of water with it though.

I dont breath on my food just cant especially cereal or soup or something like that. I also dont like other people breathing or touching my food, i'll throw it out if this happens. Oddly enough I dont mind eating at restaurants.

When im walking on the street, I like counting my steps between the cracks and joints on the path and start again when I step on a new section of path.

I think these things are pretty weird myself but I cant help but do them..also need my hands to be clean at all times but I think a lot of people are like that these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

I always make sure i bring my little dog with me when were going to bed !

Then at least im not the only one begging in the bedroom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

i used to eat peanut and sweetcorn sandwiches the whole time. It may sound horrible but try it and see for yourself

when i have ice cream i throw in a handful of popcorn

sweet and salty yum

edit- i may be pregnant:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Novella wrote: »
    I'd say I'll die too!

SNAP! Although have to say I don't mind 25 for some reason!

in a manner of speaking i just want to say..........

OCD FTW:D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Bajingo wrote: »
    When im walking on the street, I like counting my steps between the cracks and joints on the path and start again when I step on a new section of path.

Oh I do that too. It usually goes like this 1 2 3 2 1, with one always landing on the crack.

Another thing I do that people find weird is i've this gag reflex. If i'm eating food and I don't like the texture of it i'll gag. Like I love cereal but can't stand it when it's soggy. I just won't eat it if it's like that or i'll start to gag, same with yoghurts with fruit in them, yuck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

jinxycat wrote: »
    Oh I do that too. It usually goes like this 1 2 3 2 1, with one always landing on the crack.

Another thing I do that people find weird is i've this gag reflex. If i'm eating food and I don't like the texture of it i'll gag. Like I love cereal but can't stand it when it's soggy. I just won't eat it if it's like that or i'll start to gag, same with yoghurts with fruit in them, yuck!!!

I hate standing on the crack though..it's like 1 2 3 over the crack 1 2 3 4...im not alone:D

Also when im walking down the street and hear a car or something coming up behind me or on front of me ill say I bet I can beat it to the next lamp post or sign or something and then see how far I can get before it catches up to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭TigerIsa

candy-gal1 wrote:
    not leaving one inanimate object on its own! itl be lonely it will!!

I do the exact same thing!! Like a plate in the dishwasher or a sock.. I hate when one goes missing :(

Also compulsively pull out my eyebrows and eyelashes (is actually an illness but everyone that doesnt know about it thinks its crazy!) if i get stressed i mean really stressed half my face could paralyse (again)
    I'm convinced all my teddies are alive and have to comfort them if they fall/are in an uncomfy position.
    I'm also one of those people who count syllables, didn't know there was so many! :D Like tap them out on my fingers and it HAS to land on my baby finger so i do it over and over until it does. Shakespeare is awesome for that, every sentence has 10 syllables woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I cant sleep unless the pillow I'm lying on is facing left, as in the opening of the pillow case side, has to be left or it'll drive me nuts

Advertisement