Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you do/like that other people think are weird

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Caoimhín wrote: »
    I talk to myself, is that weird?

i understand the person I talk to, when I'm talking to myself, also talks to you, is that weird??:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sofa kingcool

Ruanej90 wrote: »
    i have this really weird obsession where i cannot use a towel second i.e if someone in my house has used a towel to dry themself even when it's dry i gotta run to the airing cupboard to get a new one same goes for cutlery and plates and spoons when the dishwashers on and the ONLY spoon left is sitting in the sink and i'm really hungry i'd rather starve than use it.
    it's kinda OCD and my family find it weird.
    i also hate Loud noises like Shannon airport,Discos(totally ruins your social life!) and headpones

ahaha i do that too!!

can never use the same towel twice!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

phasers wrote: »
    count syllables in sentences

I do this too, always thought I was the only one...I also add up numbers of letters in a sentence, always prefer to get even numbers, or multiples of 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Some stupid reason I love the drill thing in the dentists.I hate the needle but once thats over and done with Im delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Flyboy!!! wrote: »
    Echolalia, I repeat random snippits of conversation I hear in the street, only been caught once or twice.
    I do this too, but it's usually repetition of a conversation I've had with someone... usually convos where there was a lot of emotion or gesturing involved for some reason. Very embarrassing when someone walks into a room and catches you replaying an argument, or telling a joke, except, you're alone....:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Doors need to be shut, it's a new thing in the last year or so, I can't be in a room at home if the door is open, my new phrase besides "Is there any tea in the pot?" is "Door!" :pac:

same. it actually wrecks my head when a door is open. it's so stupid though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Flyboy!!!

InFront wrote: »
    Very embarrassing when someone walks into a room and catches you replaying an argument, or telling a joke, except, you're alone....:o

Try practice stopping yourself randomly, I find the more I stop myself, the easier it gets and can sometimes bring about a lull in certain compulsions. I used to count streetlamps when driving on the motorway, only during light traffic because I'd get bored but it just wasn't safe at any speed at any time of the day. I'd always stop myself before too long but one close call and I quit it nearly completely, now I won't get more than two or three. Unless someone else is driving, then I count away to my heart's content!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,141 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

seanybiker wrote: »
    Some stupid reason I love the drill thing in the dentists.I hate the needle but once thats over and done with Im delighted.
    Its mad interesting isnt it? Once youre numbed up no point resisting it like its torture. just relax and then suddenly it becomes a rather surreal massaging experience.
    add programming humour to that
    ++;

Overheal wrote: »
    Its mad interesting isnt it? Once youre numbed up no point resisting it like its torture. just relax and then suddenly it becomes a rather surreal massaging experience.
    Tis deadly alright. Even the noise is cool. Pity I hate needles or I be eating toffee all the time so I could go to dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,141 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

needles dont bother me too much... give blood!

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    needles dont bother me too much... give blood!
    I gave blood before alright. Cops wanted it lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

pmg58 wrote: »
    I also add up numbers of letters in a sentence, always prefer to get even numbers, or multiples of 3.

i prefer multiples of 5 or 7. counting letters and syllables keeps me entertained for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Portion of curry + Cheeseburger = yum. Get a lot of strange looks from some friends for that one, until they try it and realise what they are missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

When I brush my teeth I always use hot water to wet the toothbrush and to rinse. It's better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I perform small operations on my own self:o. For example, I dig developing corns out of my feet with nail scissors...I have to say, I quite enjoy it. I found two little strange freckles on the back of my hand last summer. They didn't have the same 'pattern' running through them as the surrounding skin so I removed them with a needle. I poked little holes all around the edges and lifted them off. they never came back, no scars:). I removed a wart from my palm yrs ago with my teeth..had to do a a few times before it gave up coming back. Sunburned skin peeling is pure pleasure for me, especially if big juicy sheets of it peel off. I could do it for a living. I get carried away though, I have a terrible compulsion to pick at things, my fingers in particular, my thumb mainly. If it heals with an 'edge' I can't bear it, I have to keep picking the skin 'til it feels smooth...it can be bleeding and I'm still doing it:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭AnnieB82

stovelid wrote: »
    Reading maps of any kind: street maps, ordinance survey, atlases, etc.
    LOL, my bofriend is the same - my mam even gave him her free AA road map for his birthday (yeah I know!), and he was delighted!

I also like soggy cereal, warm dead coca cola, any documentary to do with genetic mutations, spend ages googling chromosonal defects etc.
    If I want to smell something I turn down the volume of tv/radio etc.
    I tend to rock myself to sleep and have to have the corner of my blanket over my ear as I have a fear of bugs falling in my ear and burrowing into my brain. My partner finds this amusing. It took months though before I caved and showed him that side of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭d6

i dont drink tea or coffee to the bemusement of my friends and co-workers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

d6 wrote: »
    Dont like it or just dont drink it?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

d6 wrote: »

That makes two of us :D. Seriously, people think you're crazy if you don't drink tea or coffee in this country, personally i think both taste like kak.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Not sure if this i weird so i'll just put it out there. is it just me or a socks more comforty when you wear them inside out :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I have unsteady hands. :o
    Hold down shift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Not sure if this i weird so i'll just put it out there. is it just me or a socks more comforty when you wear them inside out :confused:

ME TOO! They always go on so much easier too! I don't like tea or coffe either...well sometimes i drink really milky coffee.
    I also have imaginarey conversations in my head. I started when I was younger and really shy, it was kinda like practice. Now I just do it when I'm bored which is fine except sometimes I make the facial expressions that i would if i was really talking...i get wierd looks sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I dont know about inside out but for some reason I always wear 2 pairs of socks at a time. I used to stand all day behind a counter for a job and I think i got it into my head that it was more confortable.

I dont drink tea or coffee either, i would like nothing more then a large glass of cold milk. Although im working on the continent at the moment and that horrible UHT milk is everywhere!!

I do the same as a previous poster and will repeat interesting words over and over again trying to nail the pronunciation or just because i like the sound.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

InFront wrote: »
    I do this too, but it's usually repetition of a conversation I've had with someone... usually convos where there was a lot of emotion or gesturing involved for some reason. Very embarrassing when someone walks into a room and catches you replaying an argument, or telling a joke, except, you're alone....:o

Guilty of that myself...

... was weird once while i was on a bus, did it without noticing and someone at the back told me to stop talking to myself... took him 5 mins to get my attention...

... i was in a rather heated discussion appearently

- Drav!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

When I brush my teeth I always use hot water to wet the toothbrush and to rinse. It's better.
    I do that too,it also helps reduce the burn of the toothpaste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Ann22 wrote: »
    I have a terrible compulsion to pick at things, my fingers in particular, my thumb mainly. If it heals with an 'edge' I can't bear it, I have to keep picking the skin 'til it feels smooth...it can be bleeding and I'm still doing it:(.
    I do this. It looks terrible, and I know it, but I still do it.It's a subconcious habit kind of thing. I'm giving it up now though and my fingers look well better.
    illiop wrote: »
    I also have imaginarey conversations in my head. I started when I was younger and really shy, it was kinda like practice. Now I just do it when I'm bored which is fine except sometimes I make the facial expressions that i would if i was really talking...i get wierd looks sometimes
    I have a tendency to imagine entire conversations with people. I think it started for the same kind of reason, now that you say it. It's always how I imagine a conversation could go with someone i'm supposed to be meeting or something.
    Also, I hate when I'm in the house on my own and it's quiet. I have to have muic playing and the tv on. I think that comes from having a large family. Silence just seems weird when I'm at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 igotone

Cereal - no milk. Its amazing the amount of people who can't fathom it and look at you like you've ten heads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 igotone

Caoimhín wrote: »
    I talk to myself, is that weird?

Sorry were you talking to us?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Only watch the news, Vincent Browne and a couple of other things - Simpsons/OF&H.. As for films - embarrassing some of things I've never seen..

Spend most of my free time reading - 3-4 hours a day at least. I have thousands of books - people can't get their heads around it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

igotone wrote: »
    Cereal - no milk. Its amazing the amount of people who can't fathom it and look at you like you've ten heads

I'm the same - don't like my cereal soggy. It seems to really confuse people who must think it's the law to have milk with it!

Chocolate ones are the worst - Nesquicks send the milk into a horribly milky-chocolatey thing... not nice.

Advertisement