Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you do/like that other people think are weird

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

InFront wrote: »
    Odd superstitions... if I'm going for a job interview or an exam I'll set myself a challenge - e.g. unless you see three red cars on the way/ pass three coffee shops/, things will go badly. No idea why but it matters at the time.

I thought i was the only one!!!! Mental isn't it? Ive never told anyone off the interweb I do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

Pee in a bottle. If it's late at night and I can't be arsed going down to the toilet I'll find a bottle near my bed, if there is one, and piss into that and empty out in the morning. A friend was staying over one night and in a my groggy just woken state I forgot he was in the room and pissed into the bottle only to wake him and have him stare me in the eye* when in mid flow. He says it haunts him to this day.

*Not those eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Read all right side pages in newspapers/magazines and then start again on the left pages - it's just faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Tarzan_man wrote: »
    Pee in a bottle. If it's late at night and I can't be arsed going down to the toilet I'll find a bottle near my bed, if there is one, and piss into that and empty out in the morning. A friend was staying over one night and in a my groggy just woken state I forgot he was in the room and pissed into the bottle only to wake him and have him stare me in the eye* when in mid flow. He says it haunts him to this day.

*Not those eyes.

I did this a few times too.

Also, I stayed in student accomodation for 1st and 2nd year, the toilet was all the way up a cold, dark hall. There were sinks in our rooms. What do you think happened??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Tarzan_man wrote: »

*Not those eyes.

im sorry but thats just wrong. wrong wrong wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Missionary position.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Noelleieos

I can't fold the page corners on book, it drives me crazy when people do it. I think it ruins the book. With burgers I have to eat around the edges, then eat the middle, the middle is the best part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EllenJamesian

I put a handful of pasta into my mug of tea, drink the tea and eat the pasta after when its been softened slightly. Yum!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

My ex girlfriend used to think i was weird, probably still does but thats a different issue, when I used to dry myself in the shower (shower off obviously) instead of stepping out.

It so warmer in there though...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I eat uncooked spaghetti out of the fridge, leave my tea bags in the cup (Which I don't think is that weird, the tea is just stronger), count syllables in sentences and if someone drags their feet I will loudly give out to them about it. Lift your feet ffs :mad:

Also when I was little I used to eat my hair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

You keep uncooked spaghetti in the fridge?

Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭magenta73

bananas and cheese and onion crisps sandwiches
    yum

but also some people think I'm weird because I am absolutely terrified of balloons----and no, I didn't have a scary experience with a balloon when I was younger!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

I put a handful of pasta into my mug of tea, drink the tea and eat the pasta after when its been softened slightly. Yum!!

I think we have a winner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

stovelid wrote: »
    Reading maps of any kind: street maps, ordinance survey, atlases, etc.

I went through a phase of reading books on cartography, I've got a little collection. I know how boring that sounds, and I would agree if it was someone else, but it is interesting. Really, it is.

I also must drink my first cup of coffe of the day in my pink mug with the little hearts around the rim, or the day is just guarenteed to be disastrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

Dessert first, then din dins.
    Used to do it as a kid when I could sneak it, and I still do it now.
    I dunno why, sugar puts me in the mood for dinner or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Crow71

I quite enjoy shouting at the telly bingo man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

gherkins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

bigslick wrote: »
    I thought i was the only one!!!! Mental isn't it? Ive never told anyone off the interweb I do this.
    I wonder how many of us poor souls are passing each other on the street, searching earnestly for that last good-luck-bicycle or lucky red car.. normal folk just don't understand the implications!

For some reason I've always had a preoccupation with my future wife. If I'm bored, I close my eyes and click something on the internet or open a random page on a magazine - the figure looking back at me will be what my future wife looks like, or she will have similar features/ hair color/ level of prettiness. I have no idea why I do this weird thing, it's just a frequent habit:o

Sometimes I'm pretty chuffed by her looks, sometimes not - those are the bad days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I love the smell of my own BO. No one elses, just mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭m3llowship

I add every collection of numbers up to the number 11 by using each digits singularly. I've been doing it as long as I remember?

I thoroughly enjoy the feeling of slowly pouring a bucket of water over my hand and letting it run through my fingers.

There are little comforst as good as sitting watching TV with a towel folded up and placed on top of your head.

Certain noises I find really good. The noise at the end of the Doug theme song is right up there. Also, a very crunchy crisp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I talk to myself, is that weird?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The fact that i exist seems to be enough.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Caoimhín wrote: »
    I talk to myself, is that weird?

Nah, not at all.

When you start to answer yourself, well . . . then it turns into a gray area . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Doors need to be shut, it's a new thing in the last year or so, I can't be in a room at home if the door is open, my new phrase besides "Is there any tea in the pot?" is "Door!" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I might just border on OCD; I take approximately 3 showers per day (and yet have no skin problems relating to this by some miracle), and I also use excessive amounts of deodorant/antiperspirant and aftershave. My weekly budget for aftershave possibly exceeds my annual food budget at this stage!!!

Also when I'm in work, I wash my hands to an utterly excessive level (at least twice an hour) but again dont have problems with dry skin.

I probably do have some mild form of OCD, but it cant be that bad: my bedroom is constantly untidy and disorganised, yet I know where everything is!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Has your ma been said?

Also, the smell of gutch sweat. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

eating raw spuds

yummy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Ruanej90

i have this really weird obsession where i cannot use a towel second i.e if someone in my house has used a towel to dry themself even when it's dry i gotta run to the airing cupboard to get a new one same goes for cutlery and plates and spoons when the dishwashers on and the ONLY spoon left is sitting in the sink and i'm really hungry i'd rather starve than use it.
    it's kinda OCD and my family find it weird.
    i also hate Loud noises like Shannon airport,Discos(totally ruins your social life!) and headpones

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Maths/Physics related humour :cool:
    Ditto, and add programming humour to that. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Flyboy!!!

Echolalia, I repeat random snippits of conversation I hear in the street, only been caught once or twice.

Palilalia, I can repeat a word I find odd or like the sound of over and over for minutes at a time but am aware enough of it to know to stop if I need to so I don't get caught.

When buttering bread, it absolutley must be buttered to the edges with zero gaps, period. I can forgive it if I didn't do the buttering but it does irk me some.

When watching subtitled movies, I count letters in words and sentences if I have enough time before the next set appears. I'll count street lights, lines, boxes, squares, anything that makes a pattern. Bricks in a wall, window panes on a house, twice if it's double glazing, all the lines where the walls meet in a room. Sometimes I'll multiply different ones by each other or come up with the square root. I could come up with more... Mostly people never ever notice or just wonder what I'm looking at and follow my gaze, I just make up an excuse. Thing is, mostly I come across as a fairly normal guy, not some crazy pizza eating, anorak wearing neckbeard off of Open University.

I probably have a shade of Aspergers or some such and don't see the point of finding out for sure as I'm happy enough as I am and get by comfortably enough(the fact that "enough" is in the sentence twice annoys me slightly but I left it in partly coz I'm too lazy to think of a substitute and sometimes I like to prove to myself that I can deny these behaviours if I choose too). I don't want a piece of paper which will have most people thinking I'm a Rainman...

Advertisement