Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you do/like that other people think are weird

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 handzy

This is weird but when i hear a word i havent heard in a while i always spell it in my head and picture writing it. It could be anything from cat to mississippi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

broadcastin live on cam4 while eatin a bowl of honey loops lyin in bed watchin deal or no deal hehehehehahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

the back lights of a vw passat (new model) are freaky when the indicator is on.....all those circles.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭terrytrent

Spend most of my free time reading - 3-4 hours a day at least. I have thousands of books - people can't get their heads around it :pac:

I envy you...and I know I'm not the only one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

My ex girlfriend used to think i was weird, probably still does but thats a different issue, when I used to dry myself in the shower (shower off obviously) instead of stepping out.

It so warmer in there though...

My OH does this and makes me get out of the shower first, then hand him his towel so he can get dry in the warmth of the shower.
    When I brush my teeth I always use hot water to wet the toothbrush and to rinse. It's better.

He also does this - I think it's really weird.
    That makes two of us :D. Seriously, people think you're crazy if you don't drink tea or coffee in this country, personally i think both taste like kak.

Yup - I dont drink tea or coffee either, just dont like them. In Ireland it bascially makes you a social pariah. Luckily I quite like hot chocolate.

My weird thing is that I eat chocolate chip cookies like cereal. I break them up in to quarters, put them in a bowl and pour milk over them. It's am amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

well im just a wierd person lol and proud!! i like lining things up on shelves, i dont like change! :) oh and not leaving one inanimate object on its own! itl be lonely it will!!
    mainly watching 90s disney stuff, thinking its cool! IT IS!
    and listening to abba lol :)
    meh thats some of my wierdness!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

fapping to farm pron
    Always with the fapping:rolleyes:

I love to make people feel uncomfortable in 'weird' ways e.g. purposely saying their name wrong, staring blankly at them, asking them why they feel the need to do something so basic etc. I thrive on their insecurities

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i like to put my feet on the radiator til it hurts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I like to eat in restaurants by myself, dunno why, but sometimes I prefer not having to chat when I;m enjoying a meal, ofcourse I enjoy going out with friends and stuff two!

I also prefer going to the cinema by myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭larchielads

if i'm out walking or running or whatever, i find myself repeating a cars registration to myself over and over for like maybe 5 to 10 mins.

i also find myself running my tongue up and down my teeth. i start at one side of my mouth and work my way across then do the bottom teeth. up one tooth down the other could do it for ages......some weirdo me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Bibliomania

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

If I'm walking outside and I see a big dried up leaf on the ground, I just have to step on it. I just have to hear that crunch under my foot. It's actually really terrible when walking in the country, I do zig zag all over the road trying to get the biggest ones.

There is also only one cup int he whole house that I drink out of.

And I bring a hot water bottle to bed every night, even in the summer.

:confused:

Sometimes even I don't know why. Just have to or something bad will happen. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

If I think of a word, I automatically make the twitchy movement with my fingers as if i were typing it, even when away from the computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Walk around the city - the offical word is vicambulist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Talk to myself.

Also, I like to eat a second dinner at about two or half two in the morning. Then I watch some House MD and go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭big dan

Milk doesn't taste as nice from a mug as it does from a glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I only drink tea from light-coloured mugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Please tell me someone else does this. I am a cornflakes fanatic and I cannot eat them soggy so I add my milk and crunch them up alot before eating them. I think I picked this habit up as a kid when my teeth or gums hurt but I still wanted to eat my cereal. Please try it everybody and tell me if it's a better eating experience or not. You get so many more cornflakes in your mouth in bulk.........so good!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

big dan wrote: »
    Milk doesn't taste as nice from a mug as it does from a glass.

+1

and a glass of cold milk is the only drink that can accompany a mars bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I put soy sauce on a lot of food, always when there is rice and sometimes on pasta. People give out to me when I put it on curry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I have a bit of an obsession with stationary. I've so much of it that I stole from old workplaces. Post it's, pens, paper clips, drawing pins. Dunno - just love it. Can never find a pen when it matters though.

As per a previous post - I HATE when the corners of my bread aren't buttered. It's so lazy and who wants to eat dry crusts? Grrr..

I am constantly smelling my hands. Be them clean, dirty, used to scratch somewhere:o - whatever. Love smelling them.

I am also guilty of leaving the tea bag in. I love strong tea and you just cant get it strong enough when you take the tea bag out.

I'm not mad on the summer but love a freezing, dreary winter when it gets dark early in the evenings. Dark mornings are great too.

I really don't like beaches. I would much prefer somewhere grassy instead.

Just this morning I had a weird breakfast - a toasted bagel with extra light philadelphia, topped with a drizzle of honey. Surprisingly yummy.

I love all the token 'horrible' foods - gherkins, onions, pickled onions, beetroot, vegemite, olives etc etc. YEsssssss.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭big dan

Watermelon tastes like cucumber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I also love eating chocolate chip cookies like cereal, just amazing, and if you leave them in the milk for a few minutes they pretty much just turn into a very sweet mush with chocolate chips, honestly the nicest thing I've ever tasted (or at least in a tie for first place with Jerk Chicken, but you can't really compare them).

I sometimes just "forget" to eat, I rarely feel hungry and generally when I eat it's just forcing myself to because it's been too long since I last did, not because I actually feel like eating. That said, I can gorge myself on crisps and **** no problem, and once I start eating I don't mind it.

I pace back and forth all the time, especially if I'm talking (cannot stand still while on phone) or listening to music, a lot of the time I'll pace back and forth listening to music having little conversations in my head with people I know, as some people said before it's usually people I'll be meeting up with soon and topics that i think will come up (though they never do), or it can just be weird stuff, and I occassionally just say the same sentence over and over again in different ways until it "sounds right", changing wording, tone, speed, making arm gestures or facial expressions. Hopefully I don't do this loudly, I'm honestly not sure.

I rock back and forth or side to side a lot, it relaxes me for some reason in the same way pacing back and forth does (but generally I pace when I'm thinking or talking, I rock back and forth when I'm just sitting around bored).

I love to stand with my left arm straight down by my side (hand in pocket) and my right arm across my back, holding onto my left elbow.

Wash my hands too much, and constantly smell them, if they ever smell or feel unclean I go wash them again, can happen like 3 or 4 times in 10 minutes or not at all for a couple hours. I don't shower obsessively and in all other ways I'm ridiculously messy.

Constantly look for patterns everywhere, especially when numbers are concerned, and when I see a big odd number I tend to check if it's divisible by 3, 5, 7, 11 or 13 in my head, generally don't go any further than that, but if any of those do divide into it I feel better knowing that it's not prime, I feel uneasy not knowing so it bothers me if none of those divide into it, though not enough to make me keep going usually.

Hmmm, that was quite a lot, kept thinking of things :/

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

mmmmmmmmmh some wierd ppl on this!!!:eek::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

InFront wrote: »
    I
    Odd superstitions... if I'm going for a job interview or an exam I'll set myself a challenge - e.g. unless you see three red cars on the way/ pass three coffee shops/, things will go badly. No idea why but it matters at the time.

Its because you want to pass responsibility onto some factor that is outside your control. You don't want to be the source of your own failure.

Probably why you're religious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Cracking every joint in my body almost daily

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Sometimes if I hear a word or phrase, I trace out the letters in the air with my foot.

Then, if I think someone has copped, I just wiggle my foot in no particular fashion, so they think its what I was doing all along...

I also hate doors open in rooms, except the bathroom door, which I prefer open (only when there's NO chance of someone walking by!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Sangre wrote: »
    Its because you want to pass responsibility onto some factor that is outside your control. You don't want to be the source of your own failure.

Probably why you're religious.

Every bloody thread....

I can't drink out of little cups (I only like mugs), or eat with big spoons. I hate sitting or standing stationary somewhere where people could walk behind me. I do this little counting thing in my head "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,10, 9, 8, 7..." when I'm waiting for something to happen, like for the ads to end or to get somewhere on the bus. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY can touch my feet, if I'm sharing a bed I always have to be the "big spoon" so that their toes don't brush against the soles of my feet at any point.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RedNiamhy

illiop wrote: »
    I also have imaginarey conversations in my head. I started when I was younger and really shy, it was kinda like practice.

I go through past convertations in my head ALL THE TIME. I think about how they could have gone better or what I SHOULD have said.

Also, if I'm reading something that describes a facial expression I have to recreate it. Try to do it discretely if I'm in public. Don't think anyone has noticed me doing it yet. [/COLOR]
    Trí wrote: »
    As per a previous post - I HATE when the corners of my bread aren't buttered. It's so lazy and who wants to eat dry crusts? Grrr..

I am constantly smelling my hands. Be them clean, dirty, used to scratch somewhere:o - whatever. Love smelling them.

I am also guilty of leaving the tea bag in. I love strong tea and you just cant get it strong enough when you take the tea bag out.

Just this morning I had a weird breakfast - a toasted bagel with extra light philadelphia, topped with a drizzle of honey. Surprisingly yummy.

I have to have my bread/toast/scone buttered to all the edges. If it isn't, it isn't buttered as far as I'm concerned!!!
    As far as toast/bread toppings goes I love banana and jam - on bread or banana and honey - on toast.
    My tea has to be REALLY weak - bag taken out as soon as water is poured in.

Also, if I have an itch on one side of my body I have to scratch the same spot on the other side of my body too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bubblicious

liah wrote: »
    I wash my pots before I eat the food I created in them. Figure I might as well since I'm there, and whatever's in it is easier to wash off because it's still warm, and it gives my food adequate time to cool to the perfect temperature.

Flawless system tbh.

Totally agree, my housemates can't understand it but it makes cleaning up sooo much easier and quicker!

I can't stand ad's, I tend to mute the tv when they come on.

I also hate sitting down with my feet on the floor. They have to be tucked under me - luckily I'm small enough to carry it off!

Advertisement