Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you do/like that other people think are weird

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I talk to myself...a lot.
    You know those things in your cutlery drawer that keeps the knives etc in separate sections? Well mine has to go knives,forks and big spoons from left to right. If someone messes this up i have to kill them fix it.
    I have to beep the horn on the car 1 mile into any journey or something bad will happen.
    I like lettuce sandwiches.
    I like duck eggs.
    I like cold chicken curry on toast.
    Sneezing and counting the sneezes, 14 in a row is my record.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

someone said this already .....i like reading maps espishley ones of ireland...the tourist maps of Dublin are my favourit ...didnt realise this was weird untill now::(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Going to the cinema on my own. Everyone thinks its weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭lanternchikk

Collecting and fixing lanterns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Lady Athame

I like to have a bannana and kiwi sandwhich (taste of the exotic as I like to call it) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

5318008! wrote: »
    your ma.

also poo sex.

I like to combine the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I like to stand close to people and smell them

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

stovelid wrote:
    Reading maps of any kind: street maps, ordinance survey, atlases, etc.
    I stare at maps for hours. Mainly street maps though... I'm pretty sure I'd be fairly well able to find my general way around most major cities in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

LD 50 wrote: »
    It's not wierd! It's way better! I don't get the having to go to the cinema with friends thing, what's the point? You can't talk to them.
    It's especially good if you go in the middle of the day during a weekday and have the whole cinema to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

InFront wrote: »
    I wonder how many of us poor souls are passing each other on the street, searching earnestly for that last good-luck-bicycle or lucky red car.. normal folk just don't understand the implications!

For some reason I've always had a preoccupation with my future wife. If I'm bored, I close my eyes and click something on the internet or open a random page on a magazine - the figure looking back at me will be what my future wife looks like, or she will have similar features/ hair color/ level of prettiness. I have no idea why I do this weird thing, it's just a frequent habit:o

Sometimes I'm pretty chuffed by her looks, sometimes not - those are the bad days.

LOL, sweet Jebus plz tell me u weren't doing this then opened a page with Susan Boyle on it!!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

After reading this thread i feel very normal altogether! But one of the things i do is crack my toes - basicly all i have to is scrunch my foot and my big toe gives a really loud crack. It annoys me so it must drive everyone else up the wall. I try not to do it too much but my toe can feel very uncomfortable untill i do it. Most of my joints creak and crack, I'm only 20, that doesnt bode well for the future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

LD 50 wrote: »

Not weird at all, keep going my friend
    liah wrote: »
    I wash my pots before I eat the food I created in them. Figure I might as well since I'm there, and whatever's in it is easier to wash off because it's still warm, and it gives my food adequate time to cool to the perfect temperature.

Flawless system tbh.

+1 (though I'm not the first to quote you)
    It's a great system

As for me, I bite my nails :o
    But wait there's more, I'd bite on the skin around my nails too, sometimes my fingers bleed.
    I'm not the only to do to do this, been plently of threads in Personal Issues forum, none started by me.
    But yeah, I do it home, at my office desk and on the bus. Probably freaks people out, I better sort it some day soon.
    Probably a nervous habit, I do get stressed and worry over every small, stupid thing in my life, a lot of which I can't control :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭anti chris-t

pmg58 wrote: »
    I do this too, always thought I was the only one...I also add up numbers of letters in a sentence, always prefer to get even numbers, or multiples of 3.

i always count the amount of numbers in a sentance and prefer it when it the number finishes with 8, i'll even repeat the sentance in my head several times if i like the sentance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭anti chris-t

RedNiamhy wrote: »

Also, if I have an itch on one side of my body I have to scratch the same spot on the other side of my body too.

i do that too if im lying in bed and i touch a spot on one side of me i have to touch myself in the same spot on the other side

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

I leave all my used cutlery in a jug of water and keep them there until I bung them into the diswasher. The water prevents all the butter and gunk from drying on, making it easier to get them clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 redapple

If I am sitting on public transport and in a bit of a daze, perhaps I am a bit anxious or nervous about something that day, I will start counting out words on my fingers. I dont even notice I am doing it. But for example I will see a sentence written somewhere and I will keep counting the words till I finish on my last finger. I dont move really but maybe my finger slightly move...Gosh I must have OCD in a mild form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭m3llowship

I love the feeling of slowly emptying a bucket of water over my fingers.

The feeling as it runs by is fooking lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

NBB Bohs wrote: »
    get this, i actually support an irish football team!!! this seems alien for a lot of irish people, yet is the norm for every country throughout the world except in parts of Asia.

Your posts aren't really getting the point across.

You should consider hiring a skywriter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Don't know if it fits in this thread.

But you know at barbers, when they use that razor/shaver thingy with the little clip-ons to shave the back of your head (I have a short back and sides);; my spine just seems to spasm during this.. anyone else get that? I just have to pretend I've got an itch or something because it makes me squirm

:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Blowing bubbles with chewing gum and chewing to loud ( which annoys the feck outta everybody) so I have learned to chew like a hollywood model :p

Fiddling with the ol hair ( on my head)

Leaving the house and returning just as quick ( it's my ocd )

keeping my used razors seperate from my unused ones ( like I need to know which is which in case I run out )

more to come ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

brummytom wrote: »
    Don't know if it fits in this thread.

But you know at barbers, when they use that razor/shaver thingy with the little clip-ons to shave the back of your head (I have a short back and sides);; my spine just seems to spasm during this.. anyone else get that? I just have to pretend I've got an itch or something because it makes me squirm

:/

Spasms can just happen, ie when they use the small razor to do my sides, I get a weird vein shaking near my temples. Remember, the spine is where the spinal cord is and how the body sends signals, could just be sensitive in that area.

Better than people thinking you're wierd, because I was reading one topic in AH, and some person said something about a danger **** under the the fabric. Cue me a few days later getting my haircut and I suddenly think about that post and I get the giggles. Barber thought I was a right nutcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

When on a bus I always think of what I should do if theres a crash like an escape route.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I keep thinking of weird things....

We've a tressel-type thing (like zig-zag wood) that we hang the mugs off.. they all have to be facing left, I hate it if they don't.

I sing to myself all the time.

I imagine myself having conversations with people, and think about what they'd say and what I'd say back :P

Sometimes in school I imagine a nutter coming in and trying to kill us and what I'd do...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Whenever Pighead is arguing with his ladyfriend he'll occasionally turn to his left and lowly whisper something like "Yeah well that's not what she was saying yesterday. She seems to have changed her tune today" or " I don't know why she's even arguing with me, she knows rightly that she's in the wrong"

This sends her bonkers and she ends up screaming something to the effect of "Who the fcuk are you talking to when you do that Pighead" She thinks it's a bit strange but it's a pretty good tactic as it usually results in her storming out of the room thus leaving Pighead alone in the television room free to watch whatever he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

karlog wrote: »
    I like to stand close to people and smell them

errrrrr i would a kept tha one to myself!!!!!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

magenta73 wrote: »
    bananas and cheese and onion crisps sandwiches
    yum

but also some people think I'm weird because I am absolutely terrified of balloons----and no, I didn't have a scary experience with a balloon when I was younger!:(

Feel your pain my friend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I like to organise things! Ya know, I like all the cereal packets in the press to go in order of height, with the same side of each packet facing out, as in the nutritional guidelines side must ALWAYS face in!

In the drawer, I like knives, forks, spoons, left to right!

I just like things to have a specific spot, can't stand anything to just be thrown somewhere, ugh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

brummytom wrote: »
    I imagine myself having conversations with people, and think about what they'd say and what I'd say back :P

Just saw this now but, hahahahahaha! I do this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I like having subtitles on.

My hearing's fine though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Novella wrote: »
    I like to organise things! Ya know, I like all the cereal packets in the press to go in order of height, with the same side of each packet facing out, as in the nutritional guidelines side must ALWAYS face in!

In the drawer, I like knives, forks, spoons, left to right!

I just like things to have a specific spot, can't stand anything to just be thrown somewhere, ugh!!!

I knew a guy like that once. He died.

Advertisement