Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Lidl/Aldi Sat box info

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭micratoyota

CHW wrote: »
    What channels are you trying to get text on? There aren't many of the main FTA channels of interest on 28E that will have anything more than subtitles. The new "Five" channel does though - have you tried that?
    Hi I would be interested in channel 4 having but its not that important. Now this "Five" channel I would be interested in. Do you have the frequency for it. On my old sky box it says insert viewing card. Would be delighted if channel 5 is FTA :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

You should be able to get all of the above You can do a Scan in the installation menu, but here are the freq. for the following ITV2 10759 2200 V. ITV 2+1 10891 22000 H ITV 3 and ITV3+1 10906 22000V 4.= 10759 22000V and E4 10729 22000 V Hope this helps.
    Thanks a lot.
    I went in to try to set those frequencies, but I realised that in Antenna setup, the polarity was set to H only. I changed it to H/V and did a scan, and got about 30 more channels!

Thanks again for your help.

Hi I would be interested in channel 4 having but its not that important. Now this "Five" channel I would be interested in. Do you have the frequency for it. On my old sky box it says insert viewing card. Would be delighted if channel 5 is FTA :confused:
    any further news on channel 5

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jayteecee

any further news on channel 5
    if your using the lidl system select channel 467 thats channel 5,thanks to all for previous help

celticfc wrote: »
    It's free-to-air for a couple of weeks now, you'll find it at:

H
    FEC 5/6
    SR 22000

(Labeled Five)

More Info here
    :D Thanks for that went and put it in straight away. Brill . Loving getting extra channels Put it in to my old sky box as well and it brought up Fiver and 5+1 but still encrypted. Let me know if anything else is coming up. Thanks

• Advertisement

:) Thanks found it I dont go down the list of channels as I have all mine brought up to No. 1 to about 68 the rest I dont bother with. Went into lists and tried in find(3) for channel 5 but got no such channel. still I have it now. Thanks
    jayteecee wrote: »
    if your using the lidl system select channel 467 thats channel 5,thanks to all for previous help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bsebob

Set one up from their last offer ... on a crate on the ground outside my window. Took for ages to point at satellite but when I found it, reception was ... just OK. A good compass (to find North accurately would have helped - I just pointed in same direction as other sat antennas). I believe that a larger dish is easier to use and gets better reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kinbe

Hey,
    My Lidl system was working like a dream but my Film 4,Film 4 +1 and CH4 has been missing for a few months now.
    I have tried scanning Freq 10714 H 2200 and get the message Service not collected....Signal is 0% observed when scanning.................I have all the BBC and ITV channels .More importantly I have E4,E4+1,Ch4+1 ,More4 etc on Freq 10729 V 2200 with Signal 85% Quality 70% .

All advice welcome as I tended to watch more Film4 than any other channel
    Thanks a bunch

Hi Celt,
    Thanks for your suggestion.............tried it but no result...........Service not collected.

Two bits of good news ,(1)I managed to scan in Five on freq 10773 as you sugested earlier in the thread, (2) Scanned in TT on 4 on Freq 12480 (is this Film 4 under another guise)

Any other ideas welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭CHW

Kinbe wrote: »
    Hi Celt,
    Thanks for your suggestion.............tried it but no result...........Service not collected.

Two bits of good news ,(1)I managed to scan in Five on freq 10773 as you sugested earlier in the thread, (2) Scanned in TT on 4 on Freq 12480 (is this Film 4 under another guise)

Any other ideas welcome

First check that your LNB is set up for H/V polarisation (menu>installation>antenna setup), then check it's setup to Universal.

If this is ok, are you using a wireless apparatus that may be interfering with the frequency? Dunno if I've seen this frequency as being troublesome, but it's possible.

If this checks out ok too, then have a look here: http://www.digitalspy.biz/forums/showthread.php?t=859239&page=2 , last post in particular.

This page will show you what you should be getting from 28E: http://www.flysat.com/28east.php

• Advertisement

Thanks CHW and greatgoal for your replies..................Think I have LNB problems gong by the link posted by CHW.
    Will try out another LNB when I get the chance..........Off to Peru on Saturday so it might not be untill Christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭smidgy

Hi

Can someone tell me what is the latest model of the LIDL satellite receiver and dish. I want to get one as a christmas present for someone. They are not in LIDL at the moment so I want to check EBay.

Thanks.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Rigel

The last offer was back in October for the Silvercrest SL-45 HDMI and the Silvercrest SL-80 with an 80GB HDD, I bought the SL-45 and I know it didn't include a dish but not sure about the SL-80.

smidgy wrote: »
    Hi

Can someone tell me what is the latest model of the LIDL satellite receiver and dish. I want to get one as a christmas present for someone. They are not in LIDL at the moment so I want to check EBay.

Thanks.

Mike.

and about last March/April the basic Silvercrest SL 65 with dish and everything you would need for €80.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

smidgy wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks.

Mike.

They are doing them again next monday (December 8th 2008) for €79.99 and €169.99 respectivily

SilverCrest Digital Home Satellite System

SilverCrest Digital Satellite Receiver with 80GB Hard Drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

They are doing them again next monday (December 8th 2008) for €79.99 and €169.99 respectivily

Thinking of trying these, do you need both boxes?

Maybe an old Sky box would be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

The Digital Sat Receiver with 80GB HDD is/was only £97 in Newry

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

Does anybody know if the Slivercrest HDMI receiver is available in Ireland?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

getcover wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the Slivercrest HDMI receiver is available in Ireland?

It was available in Lidl a couple of months ago, it was the SL65HDMI IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

tadgh wrote: »
    The Digital Sat Receiver with 80GB HDD is/was only £97 in Newry
    that should work out at less than 120 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Is there any point in buying the Lidl system and then getting someone to install it for me? Or should I just ask the installer to install their own system?

Also, can 2 TVs be on 2 different stations when connected to the satellite?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jayteecee

I did buy the lidl system a couple of months ago,and did get someone to install for me,simply 'cos he had a satellite finder and I figured it would save me the hassle of getting up and down the ladder god knows how many times.Yes you can run 2 tv's from it,just get an extra lnb cable,as it comes complete with a twin lnb and you can watch different channels.It seems to be a pretty good system,only minor irritation is sometimes during heavy rain or strong winds the picture can distort(annoying if you are watching a film)but I guess all these systems are a bit dodgy in bad weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

Is there any point in buying the Lidl system and then getting someone to install it for me? Or should I just ask the installer to install their own system?

Also, can 2 TVs be on 2 different stations when connected to the satellite?

The lidl set to box (Silvercrest SL65) is good, but the dish is poor as the arm that holds it is quite weak and the dish is prone to movement in high winds.

My lidl dish is attached to the garden wall and the end of the garden and is only three feet off the ground, so wind is not an issue. But not every one will get a signal is such a location due to buuildings, trees etc being in the way.

An installer may not agree to use the lidl dish because he knows you'll be calling back with complaints if/when it moves.

I think you'd be better off buying the so called sky (black oval mesh) type dish on ebay from the UK (search for sky dish or raven dish and make sure its zone 2 and that it has an lnb included). Some sellers include a complete dish kit with cables fixings etc. for about 50 to 70 euro (incl p&P) depending on the type of lnb (twin/quad).

A Freesat box would be good with this. That costs about 70 euro as well on line.

Alternatively, many electrical stores are now selling complete sat kits (dish plus set top box) for not much more than 100 euro, but I can't vouch for the quality of these.

If you have access to a ladder and the dish can go on the wall of the house, (look for a neighbours dish as a guide on height and direction) then try to install it yourself, you'll get help from people on boards.ie if you get stuck.

Yes, the lidl dish has an lnb with two connections. BUT you need to run two cables into the house and you need a second set top box for the second TV.
    If you buy a dish on line you could get a quad lnb which would allow you run up to 4 cables into the house (which would be useful if you get a PVR at some future point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lidl

Hi all,
    Apologies if this question has already been asked but I am on a very slow internet connection and would take hours to trawl through all the pages.
    I purchased one of these Lidl satellite systems. It is working perfectly well and I have located both Astra 19.2 and 28.2. I have good signal quality and intensity on both.
    However, being from Germany originally I would like to tune in some of the German channels. I am again getting good signal quality and intensity on most of these channels on Astra 19.2 but they are just showing a blank black screen. Do I need to change some settings?
    Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Lidl wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Apologies if this question has already been asked but I am on a very slow internet connection and would take hours to trawl through all the pages.
    I purchased one of these Lidl satellite systems. It is working perfectly well and I have located both Astra 19.2 and 28.2. I have good signal quality and intensity on both.
    However, being from Germany originally I would like to tune in some of the German channels. I am again getting good signal quality and intensity on most of these channels on Astra 19.2 but they are just showing a blank black screen. Do I need to change some settings?
    Thanks in advance.

Easy one here...

You are only pointing at 28.2E (Mainly english language), your box is telling you lies that you are recieving 19.2E(Mainly german language). That box seems to do that for some reason.

You can't recieve both at the same time with you're system, you would need either a 2nd dish/lnb with switch or a motorised dish.

If you're only interested in the German stuff, your best bet is to point it at 19.2E. (It's only a slight turn of the dish west) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 kylemore

I have a Lidl SL45 HDMI receiver, connected it up to a HD TV today. unfortunatly no picture from BBC HD although a signal appears to be available on the Info button on Lidl remote. Checked freq on king of sat which indicates VID 6940 but when I put it into setup the Vid goes back to 8191. Any suggestions out there,
    regards to all

NTL isn't HD though is it? NTL quality is mixed even on SD TV. A friend has Sky HD and I was looking at it on 46" Sony at the weekend. The HD quality was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭plodder

BostonB wrote: »
    NTL isn't HD though is it? NTL quality is mixed even on SD TV. A friend has Sky HD and I was looking at it on 46" Sony at the weekend. The HD quality was very good.
    NTL isn't HD. What I've seen is that the picture quality of SD is sometimes worse on a HD set than on an old SD set. I've never had a problem with NTL digital on my old Sony TV.

So, I'm just speculating that if your NTL (or sat) decoder has a HDMI output then that might improve the SD picture quality (on a HD set). There's no question about HD picture quality on a HD set. My bluray player gves a stunning picture on the same TV.

I'm guessing, your HD TV is upscaling the SD. Your old Sony didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭plodder

BostonB wrote: »
    I'm guessing, your HD TV is upscaling the SD. Your old Sony didn't.
    Yes, but it's not just upscaling. There is a digital signal from NTL which is converted to analog to go out the Scart cable. Then the TV is converting that back to digital again, and then upscaling it.

A HDMI interface would avoid the two conversions, and make the upscaling a lot simpler and better quality (I believe).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement