Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Lidl/Aldi Sat box info

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 kylemore

Re Lidl Sat Rxr Sl 45 HDMI. what is the practical significance of the HDMI outlet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mill

hi

i bought this 80g box from lidl and its connected threw a sky
    dish on the roof of our apartment.. when u search on the box it picks
    up all the sky channels but says they are scrambled. is there any way to unscramble them???

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭rathbaner

kylemore wrote: »
    Re Lidl Sat Rxr Sl 45 HDMI. what is the practical significance of the HDMI outlet?

It delivers digital HD and surround sound output to your HD ready TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Does anybody know if the 80g box can be used to record a terrestial signal?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 kylemore

rathbaner wrote: »
    Thanks Rathbaner, does this mean that the latest Lidl SL45 will receive HD programmes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Rigel

I bought an SL45 a week ago and the FTA picture quality is fine but wondering if anyone has tried it on HDMI and if the improved picture quality is worth splashing out on a HDMI cable, these things are not cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭plodder

rathbaner wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure it doesn't do HD, but I'd be happy (though surprised) to be proved wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Rigel wrote: »
    picture quality is worth splashing out on a HDMI cable, these things are not cheap?

HDMI cables are hardly expensive, theres a thread on here and bargain alerts, tesco seem to be the cheapest.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Rigel

Thanks Tony, I will check out Tesco. Maplins web site has a 1.5m for £19.99 or €26.00

Rigel wrote: »
    Thanks Tony, I will check out Tesco. Maplins web site has a 1.5m for £19.99 or €26.00

My pleasure, good luck with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

Just installed a Lidl Silvercrest system for the sister, 80cm dish, and have to say its a fantastic bit of kit for the money. Twin LNB! 80cm dish is giving excellent signal quality. Was concerned about stories of the support bracket being aluminium and weak but the one I got was steel and looks up to the job.

Seems to be better all round than the free-to-air system I got for myself from Powercity for €99 (I missed the Lidl deal).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bgilmartin

Folks,

does anybody know,
    if movie files can be played on the Lidl Silvercrest Sat receiver/recorder?
    I know it can record tv and play back recording. I know that I can copy films to the reciever through USB which the box sees, but it doesn't play them. If it can play them, is there a particular media format films need to be in to play?

Regards,

Blake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

bgilmartin wrote: »
    does anybody know, if movie files can be played on the Lidl Silvercrest Sat receiver/recorder?

It seems to use the DVD TS/VS format, not AVI or MPEG - so unless you convert, no you can't. Pity really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bamjames

any advice on setting up a multi LNB bracket on the lidl dish?

most lnb brackets attach to a square bar but the lnb arm is a round bar so if any one has any advice?

does anyone have a motor on thier dish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

bamjames wrote: »
    any advice on setting up a multi LNB bracket on the lidl dish?

most lnb brackets attach to a square bar but the lnb arm is a round bar so if any one has any advice?

does anyone have a motor on thier dish?

I posted some advice a while back: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55681048&postcount=245 but the eBay link is long dead.

Not exactly the same as I use or recommended before, but will probably work as well:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Quality-Multi-LNB-Holder-for-3-LNBs-Original-2-more_W0QQitemZ220284314106QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220284314106&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭plodder

mgadget wrote: »
    Was concerned about stories of the support bracket being aluminium and weak but the one I got was steel and looks up to the job.

Be concerned - first big breeze and my bracket snapped sending the dish into the next door neighbours garden!
    I had the same experience, but in my case the problem was the dish rather than the bracket. So, I bought a standard Sky dish, mounted it on the same bracket, and it's been fine ever since.

I think you might want to read the charter, I'm sure a moderator will be along shortly to explain it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bamjames

biologikal wrote: »

thanks for that mate
    I forgot i posted this and only saw it now!

Satellites are a great hobby and as you say in some of your posts, i want to maximize this great dishes potential

im stuck in a few ideas maby you could offer some opinions
    1 - motorize the Lidl Dish(LD for short)
    2 - buy a 60cm dish, fix at 28E. and motorized or multi lnb the LD
    3 - buy another 80cm dish, 1 multi lnb and 1 motorized
    4 - fix the LD at 28E and buy a 1.1 mtr dish and motorize that

i really want to get option 4 but it will cost me!
    il also include that i got a Thomson skybox and intend to subscribe to setanta sport so id like to have 1 dish fixed at 28E! then i can change the receivers at will when i want to watch setanta

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

A few posts that got past my radar have been removed.

For avoidance of doubt, read the rules sticky thread. No discussion about circumventing PayTV encryption systems allowed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

General Tuning Question:

I have BBC (1,2,3,4,News, Parliament), ITV (1, 2+1) and Channel 4, More 4 + 1, Flim Four, Flim Four +1, (channel listed as BBC News 24 actually shows Five sometimes...)and a few other stations tuned in on my Silvercrest box.
    I noticed that when I do a scan, I see More 4, ITV 2, 3 and 4, E4 and a few other channels like that come up in the channel listing. However, I can't actually get a signal for these stations. Does anybody have all of these tuned in, along with those I already have?
    Is it actually possible to get them all, or will I have to lose some of what I have to get them?
    Thanks a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭micratoyota

getcover wrote: »
    General Tuning Question:

I have BBC (1,2,3,4,News, Parliament), ITV (1, 2+1) and Channel 4, More 4 + 1, Flim Four, Flim Four +1, (channel listed as BBC News 24 actually shows Five sometimes...)and a few other stations tuned in on my Silvercrest box.
    I noticed that when I do a scan, I see More 4, ITV 2, 3 and 4, E4 and a few other channels like that come up in the channel listing. However, I can't actually get a signal for these stations. Does anybody have all of these tuned in, along with those I already have?
    Is it actually possible to get them all, or will I have to lose some of what I have to get them?
    Thanks a lot.
    You should be able to get all of the above You can do a Scan in the installation menu, but here are the freq. for the following ITV2 10759 2200 V. ITV 2+1 10891 22000 H ITV 3 and ITV3+1 10906 22000V 4.= 10759 22000V and E4 10729 22000 V Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dude66

Where did you get this Receiver? I tried Lidl in Galway but no luck!:mad:
    Dude66:D

Hi I have mine for a good few months now. You have to keep checking the Lidl newsletter. Get it e mailed to you every week and when they come in again get it straight away as they don't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jayteecee

have just installed the lidl system,excellent value for 80 euros,just one thing,I cant get the text to work on it,when text is pressed,just a big blank in the middle of thescreen,am I doing something wrong,or doesnt the text work on this system,thanks,jayteecee.

:mad:
    jayteecee wrote: »
    have just installed the lidl system,excellent value for 80 euros,just one thing,I cant get the text to work on it,when text is pressed,just a big blank in the middle of thescreen,am I doing something wrong,or doesnt the text work on this system,thanks,jayteecee.
    I can't get it either. I think you have to be in the UK to get it in full. Also the EPG gives very little information except whats on but no detail. I have an old sky box in another room (fta) and it gives text best on the BBC 1 and the details of programmes is great. I can skip all the unwanted channels by entering the ones I want on favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

jayteecee wrote: »

When did you buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭CHW

:mad:
    I can't get it either. I think you have to be in the UK to get it in full. Also the EPG gives very little information except whats on but no detail. I have an old sky box in another room (fta) and it gives text best on the BBC 1 and the details of programmes is great. I can skip all the unwanted channels by entering the ones I want on favourites.

If it's just a black box, then it's likely the only data been sent and receivable by the SL65 is subtitles (usually 888), eg BBC1. If the channels has an older version teletext data stream, then the SL65 will show it.

You can get detail for the program that's currently on (if it's in the data stream), through the EPG button, then it's either 1 or 2 to bring up the detail - it tells you at the bottom of the screen what relevant buttons do on each menu page.

Thanks went in and the SDL 65 epg says button 2. at the bottom of the screen and then I got much more detail. When I saw it I knew that I had been there before but had forgotten all about it. Must use it more often. But still no luck with the TEXT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭CHW

But still no luck with the TEXT

What channels are you trying to get text on? There aren't many of the main FTA channels of interest on 28E that will have anything more than subtitles. The new "Five" channel does though - have you tried that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

dude66 wrote: »
    Where did you get this Receiver? I tried Lidl in Galway but no luck!:mad:
    Dude66:D

The new LIDL in Doughiska had a few Silvercrest Sat recievers today with 80GB hard drives for €169.99.

Did not notice if they had the "normal" one..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement