Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Views On The BNP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Really? You castigate Adams and McGuinness for taking a salary as elected MP's, yet O'Bradaigh was willing to do the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruair%C3%AD_%C3%93_Br%C3%A1daigh

Complete b*llox,he was doing it as protest on an abstentionist ticket,he wouldnt have took his seat and certainly wouldnt have taken any money from the British government,get your facts right before you post my friend,ROB is an abstentionist he doesnt recognise Leinster House,Stormount or Westminister

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Your opinion means f*ck all to me,I know more then you think I know,what do you know about ROB?

Obviously means enough for you to respond to what I said.

and R.O.B. was an accessory Nintendo released for the NES before you were born.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.O.B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

dlofnep wrote: »
    They did attack the English mainland - and while some of the targets involving civilians were terrible choices made by the leadership of the IRA..........It's political, not personal.

They blew up my favourite Kebab shop in ealing, I take that personally :mad:

Actually, in fairness, it was the cira/rira/terrorists formerly known as the ira.
    Id have more time for O'Bradaigh and RSF then I would for Gerry Adams or Martin McGuniness mate,even if he is abit of a dinosuar

and you criticise the BNP:eek:

Obviously means enough for you to respond to what I said.

and R.O.B. was an accessory Nintendo released for the NES before you were born.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.O.B.

When was I born

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

When was I born

Judging by most of what you post, yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

dlofnep wrote:
    Masquerade as a supporter for a few weeks and listen to what is said. You'll quickly come to the conclusion that their beef is with the British Government, and not the British people.

I wouldn't bother masquerading - why lie? I'd rather go listen, ask my questions and leave like I do for any political party.

As for the civilian targets, murder was a pretty poor choice tbh. Civilian, military or political. Although thats another discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    However, when you interview Shinner supporters in the pub they don't generally share such an egalitarian outlook. They believe in things like punishment attacks and Irish jobs for Irish workers.
    They aren't Sinn Féin supporters or republicans even in many cases. They are a combination of Glasgow Celtic supporters, alcoholics or Wolfe Tones fans in many cases. They are the 'Ooh, ah up the 'Ra' brigade most of whom you'll never see at any republican events, commemorations, meetings or canvassing trails, they are just using the name in their own curious way on an alcohol-fuelled high. Jeez, if Sinn Féin had a vote for every Wolfe Tones CD sold, they would be the largest party in Ireland by a mile.

What genuine republican do you think is going to spread the gospel of national unity with belly-full of beer in a pub on a saturday night? You don't further your political aims by slobbering over anyone interested enough to discuss the subject with you. I'd hardly go to a celtic supporter in a pub to do an interview on republicanism or any topic tbh. Not even Scottish soccer for that matter.

I wouldn't vote Sinn Féin in the absence of a credible economic policy in the south, but I do know enough to know that there are genuine SF people out there, and you find very few of the bar-proper-upers amongst them when it comes active politics

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

BNP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭D-Boy

The greatest stunt the devil ever did was making the world think he didnt exist,likewise the greatest stunt the British did was making the Irish people critical of Sinn Fein.
    The very party that led to the foundation of the state!!!!
    Anyways enough rant for me back to slating the BNP!

Figures to back up this claim, along with the demographics of the said area?

See below...
    Degsy wrote: »
    Racist attacks on whites dont make the news..its considered racist to report them.

As for demography http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slough#Demography

I wouldn't be surprised if the BNP have a lot of support in slough actually, nearly every "White British" person i have met from Slough has been a complete scumbag.

In fact, forget the white british bit......:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

Rebelheart wrote: »
    Although even if *they* (all Sinn Féin supporters, it seems) did believe in "Irish jobs for Irish workers" that would hardly be unique to Sinn Féin supporters in the current environment. Shhhh.

Your failure to make basic well-known distinctions between the Sinn Féin support base in the cities and the support base in rural areas such as west Tyrone but instead make a generalisation about all their supporters speaks for an abject inability to understand nuances within that party.

The Party is not the voters. You must have missed the bit where I said "I'm not saying that they're all like that mind you"...
    Have you even finished the 1st Year Nations and Nationalism course? Your ideas are all extraordinarily undergraduate, as if you've just discovered a few basics, but haven't discovered enough to, for instance, avoid making an inane generalisation like all nationalism is the same. When you get to final year you will hopefully hear of liberal nationalism and of the many liberal theorists who advocate nationalism as a means to promote social justice. More reading, in other words.

lol...from wiki but you'll get the gist "Nationalism refers to an ideology, a sentiment, a form of culture, or a social movement that focuses on the nation. It is a type of collectivism emphasizing the collective of a specific nation." The collective I belong to is humanity, and nationalism(s) cut against that collective, therefore generalising about different types of nationalism is quite in order from my position.
    Again, you have still failed to tell us what you are in favour of. Why? Is it some sort of Joseph Carens "remove all borders" philosophy? Where do you draw your boundaries to exclude people? We can be certain you have them, thus making your sanctimony here all the more repelling. We know what you think you're against: what do you think you are in favour of?

Me I'm in favour of humans. Said it a good few times already on this thread. Did you ever hear of the Republican Tom Paine? "My country is the world", I'm in favour of that sentiment, first expressed in writing by Socrates so far as I'm aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

lol...from wiki but you'll get the gist "Nationalism refers to an ideology, a sentiment, a form of culture, or a social movement that focuses on the nation. It is a type of collectivism emphasizing the collective of a specific nation." The collective I belong to is humanity, and nationalism(s) cut against that collective, therefore generalising about different types of nationalism is quite in order from my position.

The real world seems to be completely evading you. When your culture and national identity is hindered, then nationalism is right and just. Under a normal free society, there is no need for nationalism. Under occupation, it is a product of it's environment.

You have no idea what nationalism means in an Irish context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

javaboy wrote: »
    BNP
    Who cares about them, even the Loyalists don't trust them

On that note - I'll let the thread get back on topic before Javaboy unleashes his whip!

Has anyone everyone ever seen the Louis Theroux Documentary when he meets the Westbury baptist church,Id be inclined to hate them more then the BNP

Nope, I hate the BNP equally as much as I hate the Westboro guys. They both spread hate on an equal scale. Thing is, nobody takes the Westboro guys seriously - but a small portion of people do actually take the BNP seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

They did attack the English mainland - and while some of the targets involving civilians were terrible choices made by the leadership of the IRA - it was a political attack, not a display of hatred towards the British people.

Tell the BNP that!
    Same as it always has been. A fair process for immigration in Ireland, which will allow people the chance to better their life in Ireland.

Now, are you going to be mature enough to take back your original comment?

Ach it was a tongue in cheek AH comment, though I did clarify it later and accepted that SF, the party, is completely different. Certain sections are atrracted to parties like the BNP or RSF, same as SF, Labour and even FF/FG get a certain type of supporter.

On Libertas, nobody really knows what they stand for. They are campaigning to limit immigration here but in Poland are campaigning for Germany to opens its borders! :confused:

Back on Topic, there definitely is a BNP type voter in Ireland. I'd say they would tend to be attracted to Independents or protest vote parties.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

The real world seems to be completely evading you. When your culture and national identity is hindered, then nationalism is right and just. Under a normal free society, there is no need for nationalism. Under occupation, it is a product of it's environment.

You have no idea what nationalism means in an Irish context.

Thank you. And thank you again. And you didn't have to read Ernest Gellner to know that basic historical reality.

Here's the BBC documentary on the BNP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77p1ZCKT5KQ

Has anyone everyone ever seen the Louis Theroux Documentary when he meets the Westbury baptist church,Id be inclined to hate them more then the BNP

Were they the rather dysfunctional family who went around the place telling everybody they were going to burn in Hell? They even had their little children screaming the abuse.

• Advertisement

Me I'm in favour of humans. Said it a good few times already on this thread. Did you ever hear of the Republican Tom Paine? "My country is the world", I'm in favour of that sentiment, first expressed in writing by Socrates so far as I'm aware.

This is just wishy-washy crap. Jesus. Stop hugging that tree and get a grip on reality. Don't patronise us. Until you can put forward realistic ideas for society, ones based on an understanding of how humans actually behave, you are in no position to lecture anybody from your self-created moral high ground.

It is easy to define yourself by what you are against - any loser can do that - it is far more difficult to define yourself by what you are in favour of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Ya, great piece of Louis finest, but i thought the one in South africa with the White Extremists and Boer seperatists was better

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Ya, great piece of Louis finest, but i thought the one in South africa with the White Extremists and Boer seperatists was better

How about the Black extremist one,who believed white people were created by an evil scientist to plaugue Black people,they turned out to be worse then the Neo-Nazi's,lol

And do people really put RSF and the BNP on the same level?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

How about the Black extremist one,who believed white people were created by an evil scientist to plaugue Black people,they turned out to be worse then the Neo-Nazi's,lol

There are dozens of black hate-groups in the US,they've been allowed to preach racial hatred and violence by white people who consider it to be empowerment of a repressed minority rather than incoherent race hatred based on colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭D-Boy

BIGOTTED NAZI PARTY

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

I thought it stood for Big Nice Penis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

D-Boy wrote: »
    BIGOTTED NAZI PARTY

:p

Outstanding.
    Amazing,really.

And do people really put RSF and the BNP on the same level?

No.

The BNP don't (openly) support murder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Just opened this thread, Have to say had a bet in my mind it would involve sinn fein somewhere Jasus I was right. Its amazing how many parties claim national status in ireland and it still comes back to sinn fein. Its equally amazing how Fine Gael were orig linked to the blue shirts a nationalist extreame party.

It gets boreing when the same old reliable people establish daft old reliable links

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement