Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Views On The BNP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

Anything pro white these days is racist...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

Latchy wrote: »
    Well the perfect example of that for me is NI .If ever a tiny miority of people who wanted to say to the world ' we are this and this only ,we do not want to be part of this communtiy /country (ROI) but part of this larger country (UK) Then you have the orher side saying the same thing but waving another flag .

You must not mix these people up with the Irishman ,Englishman ,European ,etc who actully feel proud standing for their anthem and flag .That is as much as there right as it is for somebody to abuse them for doing so . There is nothing wrong with being proud of your country or were you come from .

But why should anybody be proud about a totally random chance of birth? it makes no good sense to me. The people standing proudly for national flags are just the thin end of the wedge, for say the extremes of the 'tribes' in NI, or people such as Hitler. There is nothing good about nationalism IMO, I can find nothing to redeem it. I'm from Earth and my people are human, that's what I'm proud of, my species and our planet. I kind of feel that people who put invented and arbitrary nationalisms before that fact are letting us down somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

Like adverts for milk or fridges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    But why should anybody be proud about a totally random chance of birth? it makes no good sense to me. The people standing proudly for national flags are just the thin end of the wedge, for say the extremes of the 'tribes' in NI, or people such as Hitler. There is nothing good about nationalism IMO, I can find nothing to redeem it. I'm from Earth and my people are human, that's what I'm proud of, my species and our planet. I kind of feel that people who put invented and arbitrary nationalisms before that fact are letting us down somewhat.
    I suppose it boils down to the fact the borders have come down around Europe but old tradtions and hate of others stays .Like some vet who fought in WW2 had probably more reason to be proud today because he believed, or was thought to believe in that what he was doing was for the good of mankind .

The alternitive was Hitler and co .See what I'm saying ?

The hippies in the 60s had a good philosopy of living and sharing together with his fellow man but that died a death at the end of that decade .I always considered myself an individual amoung billions cause their is nobody like me ,or you either for that matter .We are unique .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Racist bunch of nazis. Check out the undercover docu on them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    Like adverts for milk or fridges?

Daz especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

My views on the BNP? A bunch of cuntbagging bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Not an expert on BMP policys , rules or anything but they do consider the white anglo saxon (English ) and the celtic races ( Irish ,Scottish ,Welsh ) as the people who should be put first before all other non white / ethnic races , in all areas of life on these islands ie ,education , housing ,employment etc.

That of course is viewed by many as being a racist policy .

You're not even an expert on what they call themselves, judging by this.
    I believe that native americans should be be put first before all white anglo saxon, celtic/other ethnic races in the USA, in all areas of life ie, education, housing employment, etc. Though this could be indicative of my unwillingness to face reality and move with the times.
    Infact it's viewed by many as being a racist policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

The Banque Nationale de Paris?
    Yeah, they made a tidy profit of 1.56 billion euros at the end of March- not bad in the current climate...
    Otherwise haven't given it much thought tbh.

Doh...
    Goddamn misleading thread titles. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

dlofnep wrote: »
    Racist bunch of nazis. Check out the undercover docu on them.

Tautology FTW.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Had to LOL at the leaked membership list.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

No wonder they want to send all the Pakistanis back home after what happened in 1971
    The BNP promotes a very center-right policy combining elements of conservatism, corporatism, nationalism, militarism, anti-anarchism and anti-communism. It is more popular among the country's business class, military, and conservatives

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The Libertas/SF equivalent in the UK.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

ascanbe wrote: »
    You're not even an expert on what they call themselves, judging by this.
    I believe that native americans should be be put first before all white anglo saxon, celtic/other ethnic races in the USA, in all areas of life ie, education, housing employment, etc. Though this could be indicative of my unwillingness to face reality and move with the times.
    Infact it's viewed by many as being a racist policy.
    I am not an expert on BMP as stated but that is my understanding in simple terms of what they are about, (not my personal beliefs) as giving by one of their members in an interview recently .

Only conclusion I come to after reading your american red indian quote is your an expert on talking shyte .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Nationalism doesn't make sense... I'm no more proud of being White or Irish than I am about anything else I have no control over - like my inability to fly or my dislike of apples for example. To me, pride is your own way to telling yourself "good job!" and giving yourself a pat on the back but since in this case the job was already done for me and I had very little to do with the organizing process, why would I be congratulating myself? Having pride in ones race or country is no less irrational than having pride in the hospital you happened to be born in...

Rotunda FTW! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

hacx wrote: »
    Have a nice little quote for you all:

"I am not a citizen of Athens or greece, But of The World"
    -Socrates

explain that to ants on your pancake ..........

:p

K-9 wrote: »
    The Libertas/SF equivalent in the UK.

Um, SF are a left-winged party who are pro-immigration and work on cross community projects to curb sectarianism. BNP are a right-winged, white-supremacist/racist party, who encourage sectarianism.

Nice try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

I am not an expert on BMP as stated but that is my understanding in simple terms of what they are about, (not my personal beliefs) as giving by one of their members in an interview recently .

Only conclusion I come to after reading your american red indian quote is your an expert on talking shyte .

My reference to your not being an expert on what they call themselves refers to your insistence on referring to them as the BMP.
    It's BNP. Just sayin.
    My Native American analogy was, i thought, a neat way of pointing out their closemindedness.
    Particularly impressive, i'll think you'll find, in that i managed to compare the plight of a people who, by any objective analysis, were oppressed and down right screwed over with the 'plight' of would be oppressors.
    I was proud of it anyway, lol.
    I thought your original post displayed a certain respect for their position.
    If it did, you're entitled to you opinion.
    I was merely disagreeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Yes, it is. I'd love to know what else you would call it?

ascanbe wrote: »
    My reference to your not being an expert on what they call themselves refers to your insistence on referring to them as the BMP.
    It's BNP. Just sayin.
    My Native American analogy was, i thought, a neat way of pointing out their closemindedness.
    Particularly impressive, i'll think you'll find, in that i managed to compare the plight of a people who, by any objective analysis, were oppressed and down right screwed over with the 'plight' of would be oppressors.
    I was proud of it anyway, lol.
    I thought your original post displayed a certain respect for their position.
    If it did, you're entitled to you opinion.
    I was merely disagreeing.
    No i suppose I was being a bit sarcastic at the end in my 'this is viewed as being a racist policy ' comment but no way do I , or would I support or vote for the BNP.

Sorry bout the misuse of initials btw .

Incidentally , During D-Day ,there were no Muslims on Omaha beach but there were some red indians and negroes .

That is a joke btw ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

orestes wrote: »
    Yes, it is. I'd love to know what else you would call it?
    I'm personally a white chocolate supremacist and a white coffee one too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

I am not a fan of neo nazis but the English Scots ,Welsh N Irish and us Southern Irish brethern like to hold onto our identitys ,otherwise there would be no need to celerbrate st patricks ,st andrews and the more recently enhanced ' st georges day , now would there ?

"Southern Irish" "brethern"(sic) - let me see, you're a British loyalist?

There's only one Ireland, and there is only one Irish people, no matter how many states it suits the British to divide this country into. Ireland can survive without such "friends" as you people and your "British Isles" supremacist ideology which seeks to put us, the Irish people, faoi chois once again.

Long live the EU - and bring on Lisbon II, Libertas/BNP!

Um, SF are a left-winged party who are pro-immigration
    :rolleyes:
    Maybe I'm cynical but I've been hearing "Brits out" for far too long.
    And they are very anti-EU which is where most of the immigrants are from.

Latchy wrote:
    Incidentally , During D-Day ,there were no Muslims on Omaha beach but there were some red indians and negroes .
    You're right. The 13th Division of the SS was in Croatia at the time.

Um, SF are a left-winged party who are pro-immigration and work on cross community projects to curb sectarianism. BNP are a right-winged, white-supremacist/racist party, who encourage sectarianism.

Nice try.

Was thinking more of the BNP's efforts to start an Irish organisation and why it's a failure.

I fully agree on the description of the parties, unfortunately both have the Irish BNP type supporters. I accept there is nothing SF can do about that. I'd differentiate SF and Libertas there.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Rebelheart wrote: »
    "Southern Irish" "brethern"(sic) - let me see, you're a British loyalist?

There's only one Ireland, and there is only one Irish people, no matter how many states it suits the British to divide this country into. Ireland can survive without such "friends" as you people and your "British Isles" supremacist ideology which seeks to put us, the Irish people, faoi chois once again.

Long live the EU - and bring on Lisbon II, Libertas/BNP!

Vote SF/Libertas No. 1. Unfortunately this is what SF/Libertas means for some!

Maybe I'm cynical but I've been hearing "Brits out" for far too long.
    And they are very anti-EU which is where most of the immigrants are from.

"Brits out" refers to removal of British rule in Ireland. Not the actual British people. Why I even have to explain this to you, is beyond me.

Secondly - They are not anti-EU, they have objected to certain political issues within the EU - such as the lack of protection of worker's rights in the Lisbon Treaty. Being against what they perceive to be as central-democracy within the EU, does not mean that they are against the idea of immigration into Ireland from EU residents. Two completely separate and unrelated issues.

So no, your argument is pathetic. SF are not akin to the BNP. Their policies completely differ. Go back to your drawing board.

"Brits out" refers to removal of British rule in Ireland. Not the actual British people. Why I even have to explain this to you, is beyond me.

Secondly - They are not anti-EU, they have objected to certain political issues within the EU - such as the lack of protection of worker's rights in the Lisbon Treaty. Being against what they perceive to be as central-democracy within the EU, does not mean that they are against the idea of immigration into Ireland from EU residents. Two completely seperate and unrelated issues.

So no, your argument is pathetic. SF are not akin to the BNP. Their policies completely differ. Go back to your drawing board.

So do they accept their continuos opposition to the EU, from 1972, was wrong?

Where exactly did they get it wrong, by their own admittance?

K-9 wrote: »
    So do they accept their continuos opposition to the EU, from 1972, was wrong?

Where exactly did they get it wrong?

It's moot. Their opposition to any issues pertaining to the EU was not because of immigration but due to political indifference.

Captain Propaganda was attempting to correlate it with some form of agenda against immigration, which is simply false. SF is pro-immigration and always has been. The BNP are not pro-immigration. So if we can stick to the original point for the moment - you'll see that your original comparison was weak, and a cheap shot against SF.

• Advertisement

It's moot. Their opposition to any issues pertaining to the EU was not because of immigration but due to political indifference.

Captain Propaganda was attempting to correlate it with some form of agenda against immigration, which is simply false. SF is pro-immigration and always has been. The BNP are not pro-immigration. So if we can stick to the original point for the moment - you'll see that your original comparison was weak, and a cheap shot against SF.

What is their stance on immigration now?

PS. I'd a couple of posts there that where relevant to the OP, you might have missed them? Care to comment?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement