Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

lizt wrote: »
    The sooner this storyline ends, the better. It's making me feel sorry for Dev.:eek:

Its making me sick , in all fairness can she not have the affair with someone who is attractive and succesful rather than an ugly waste of space?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

According to this there's not much difference in age.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rita_Sullivan
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Tanner

Sunita was a b1tch last night, but yay for Dev not running out of breath halfway through his lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

What's the story with Marcus and Maria - are they gonna get it on or what? As for Dev - uncharacteristically understated performance - can't wait till he's back to normality sitting at the Bar ranting nonsense. Stick to what you're good at Devendra, being jaw-droppingly awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

optogirl wrote: »
    What's the story with Marcus and Maria - are they gonna get it on or what?

I was thinking that too, something has to come of them spending so much time together lately

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

optogirl wrote: »
    What's the story with Marcus and Maria - are they gonna get it on or what?

I was thinking that too, something has to come of them spending so much time together lately

But Marcus is gay!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Kaching wrote: »
    Its making me sick , in all fairness can she not have the affair with someone who is attractive and succesful rather than an ugly waste of space?

Agree. Can't believe someone has manage to make me feel sorry for Dev !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

leahyl wrote: »
    But Marcus is gay!

Soapland. One minute you're straight , next minute you're gay and versa versa:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I think Maria will end up pregnant with Marcus' baby. They obviously building up to something, hopefully Sean's death.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Remember Carla hiding the bottle of wine?
    Simon drinks it and ends up in hospital

He recovers and Peter realises Simon wants Leanne so gives him the choice on who he wants to live with

In other news!
    Karl is horrified that Stella has taken Sunita in and that Sunita is allowing herself to be comforted by the woman she's betraying. Finding time alone, Sunita tells Karl that she and Dev are over and it's him she wants to be with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

In soapland a girl can't be just friends with a gay guy without falling for him.
    (Eastenders Roxy fell for Christian)
    Marcus seems to be spending more time with Maria than Sean lately.

• Advertisement

fifi234ie wrote: »
    In soapland a girl can't be just friends with a gay guy without falling for him.
    (Eastenders Roxy fell for Christian)
    Marcus seems to be spending more time with Maria than Sean lately.

Yeah and there's a weird sort of "air" when they're together, like they're really made to look like a family, for instance the dress-up competition

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

If you consider Marcus is a nurse and Sean has 2 jobs,they have a good income,yet they never go anywhere together. Sean is constantly moaning. I dont blame Marcus for being so friendly with Maria BUT I think its the instant family that attracts him. He's still gay. Also couldnt blame Maria if she fell for him,he's lovely to her and Liam.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

do wish they would get rid of that dev character, always fast forward corrie when he is in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Still can't find in myself any compassion for Dev but really don't understand what Sunita sees in Karl.The same way I couldn't understand why she got back with Dev.
    The story with Marcus and Maria is strange - they could be a lovely couple but he is gay. So what's going on? Unless he turns out to be straight which is possible since it's soapland :D
    I'm really happy they got rid of Rick. Tina can be amazing and I'm glad she's back with Tommy.
    And I'm feeling really sorry for Tyrone - he is such a nice guy and so unlucky :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Aseth wrote: »
    The story with Marcus and Maria is strange - they could be a lovely couple but he is gay. So what's going on? Unless he turns out to be straight which is possible since it's soapland :D

Well there are people who can fall in love with a person regardless of their gender. It may be that Marcus is bi-sexual with the majority of his attraction being for men but that in very special circumstances he could fall for a particular woman.

That said I don't really think that is where this story is going. I think Maria will fall for Marcus and he will be tempted by the idea of the ready made family with a woman he does love platonically and the possibility of them having more children together. In real life Charlie Condue is gay, as are a number of the writers and the series' executive producer. I suspect they will handle the story realistically. Especially as Condue is very vocal about how he always felt a strong need to become a father and his main worry about being gay was that he would not have children.

iguana wrote: »
    Well there are people who can fall in love with a person regardless of their gender. It may be that Marcus is bi-sexual with the majority of his attraction being for men but that in very special circumstances he could fall for a particular woman.

That said I don't really think that is where this story is going. I think Maria will fall for Marcus and he will be tempted by the idea of the ready made family with a woman he does love platonically and the possibility of them having more children together. In real life Charlie Condue is gay, as are a number of the writers and the series' executive producer. I suspect they will handle the story realistically. Especially as Condue is very vocal about how he always felt a strong need to become a father and his main worry about being gay was that he would not have children.

Hmmm yeah they seem to be going for that angle. In their scenes together, when they're drinking and having dinner together it always seems like Maria just thinks it's so easy, so much easier spending time with Marcus, Marcus is so easy to get on with etc. etc. so I can see them going in that direction alright. They'll probably drag it out with regard to how Marcus will react but I think you're probably right.

Wasn't there a story a while back about how Marcus wants a family but Sean doesn't? Maybe that will connect in somehow.

They really seem to be pushing the whole "Maria is single and can't find a good man".

Mystery solved

Coronation Street's Maria Connor receives a wake-up call next week as Audrey Roberts points out that the hairdresser seems to be developing misguided feelings for close friend Marcus Dent.

In an interview with digital spy Samia Ghadie -
    How would you describe the feelings Maria is having for Marcus? How serious are they?
    "It's a tough one to describe, because Marcus is so good with Maria's son Liam and they've almost got a domestic relationship, because he's always helping her out and they've got such a close friendship. They genuinely just really get on.

"I don't think Maria realises that her feelings could be stronger than that until Audrey points it out. I don't really know where it's going or what's coming up, so it's hard to say how serious her feelings are at the moment. But I do know that Maria is completely freaked out when Audrey points it out!"

Link to story here

Over on Coronation Street, Eva Price gets dangerously close to the truth about Sunita and Karl's affair.

Eva (Catherine Tyldesley) becomes increasingly irritated by Sunita (Shobna Gulati) in the coming days as the barmaid continues to stay at The Rovers following the breakdown of her relationship with Dev.

Karl (John Michie) isn't pleased by Sunita's presence either, shocked by how she is accepting support from Stella when they have been betraying her with their secret fling. Amid the tension, Sunita spots a new closeness between Karl and Stella and feels hurt by Karl's treatment of her.

Later, Eva overhears an angry Sunita telling Karl that she's not going to keep his grubby little secrets anymore. Entering the back room, Eva finds Karl and Sunita flustered and spots some bank notes sticking out of Karl's pocket. Puzzled by what she's just witnessed, is Eva on to Karl and Sunita?

Hopefully this storyline will end soon. Almost as annoying as Kevin and Molly.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Over on Coronation Street, Eva Price gets dangerously close to the truth about Sunita and Karl's affair.

Eva (Catherine Tyldesley) becomes increasingly irritated by Sunita (Shobna Gulati) in the coming days as the barmaid continues to stay at The Rovers following the breakdown of her relationship with Dev.

Karl (John Michie) isn't pleased by Sunita's presence either, shocked by how she is accepting support from Stella when they have been betraying her with their secret fling. Amid the tension, Sunita spots a new closeness between Karl and Stella and feels hurt by Karl's treatment of her.

Later, Eva overhears an angry Sunita telling Karl that she's not going to keep his grubby little secrets anymore. Entering the back room, Eva finds Karl and Sunita flustered and spots some bank notes sticking out of Karl's pocket. Puzzled by what she's just witnessed, is Eva on to Karl and Sunita?

Hopefully this storyline will end soon. Almost as annoying as Kevin and Molly.

agreed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Damn it, I've no corrie to catch up on after the weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sunita wants Karl for herself so she wants the affair to come out she will probably tell Stella

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sunita wants Karl for herself so she wants the affair to come out she will probably tell Stella

They have completely RUINED her character. Now she doesn't give a sh1t about anyone, including her kids.

Has she even thought what would happen if she did try to have Karl to herself? She'd lose her job, he would still owe Stella thousands and they would have nowhere to live. Great plan there Sunita :rolleyes:

It's fairly clear that he's in it for one thing only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The story with Marcus and Maria is strange - they could be a lovely couple but he is gay. So what's going on? Unless he turns out to be straight which is possible since it's soapland

He doesn't have to be straight, he just needs to be confused. And he needs to be confused for one night only to create a special lifelong bond with Maria, e.g. a little brother or sister for Liam.
    Remember Carla hiding the bottle of wine?

That would be a bit daft surely? At one stage there was more wine and whisky hidden around peters than Dev had for sale and simon never went near it. Carla hides one bottle and suddenly he is Oz Clarke. I think they are running out of ideas for Carla and Peter.
    If you consider Marcus is a nurse and Sean has 2 jobs,they have a good income,yet they never go anywhere together. Sean is constantly moaning.

To be fair to Sean, he works forty hours a week in the factory, and then does a few hours in the Bistro/Rovers most days. He should be loaded but he is constantly broke, and his boyfriend never takes him anywhere. I'd be moaning aswell. You would wonder where all the money goes though. Maintenance for Dillion perhaps?

syklops wrote: »

To be fair to Sean, he works forty hours a week in the factory, and then does a few hours in the Bistro/Rovers most days. He should be loaded but he is constantly broke, and his boyfriend never takes him anywhere. I'd be moaning aswell. You would wonder where all the money goes though. Maintenance for Dillion perhaps?

I don't think he pays maintenance for Dillon because his name isn't on the birth cert.

Corrie is unrealistic in so many way though - the factory workers are probably on minimum wage, or close to it, yet they can afford to go to the Rovers every lunch time and after dinner too.

I don't think he pays maintenance for Dillon because his name isn't on the birth cert.

Corrie is unrealistic in so many way though - the factory workers are probably on minimum wage, or close to it, yet they can afford to go to the Rovers every lunch time and after dinner too.

Minimum wage in the UK is about £7 an hour. A pint is about £3. A pack of smokes is £7. That kind of lifestyle is a lot easier in the UK than it is in Ireland.

syklops wrote: »
    Minimum wage in the UK is about £7 an hour. A pint is about £3. A pack of smokes is £7. That kind of lifestyle is a lot easier in the UK than it is in Ireland.

That's true but then by that logic it makes even less sense that Sean and Marcus have no money...

Ah well, for all its plot holes and annoying storylines I do really love Corrie :D

They have completely RUINED her character. Now she doesn't give a sh1t about anyone, including her kids.

Has she even thought what would happen if she did try to have Karl to herself? She'd lose her job, he would still owe Stella thousands and they would have nowhere to live. Great plan there Sunita :rolleyes:

It's fairly clear that he's in it for one thing only.

Dev should go for full custody of the twins leave her with nothing

I wonder will her aunties be happy and proud of her

Corrie on at 8pm tonight for an hour

• Advertisement

That's true but then by that logic it makes even less sense that Sean and Marcus have no money...

Especially since neither of them smoke, and they are lodgers in Eileens house, and sean can walk to both his jobs, to the shop and to his hobbies(pub?).

So 40 hours a week in the factory at 7 quid an hour = 280 a week or 1120 per month. Add in another 14 hours per week in the pub also at 7 quid an hour is 98 a week or an additional 392 a month, altogether thats £1592 a month before tax.

Calculations for myself...

1592 * 31 = 49352 in czk.

Eff me, thats more than I make.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement