Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Got a bit of a lump in my throat when Rita and Dennis exchanged vows, glad she found happiness in the end.

Hotpot story was stupid, Stella seriously annoys me now, every second scene is her putting one hand on her hip and going "Oooooooooooohhhhh.... I don't know now....." she needs to go.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Rita gets into a stranger's car no questions asked what an idiot :rolleyes:

She met him a few days ago, he was introduced as a friend of Tommy's. BTW when Tina and Rik got to the drop off point it was sunny, when they di the exchange it was raining, yet a mile away in Weatherfield it was sunny, there really is nothing like a Manchester summer!
    Chucken wrote: »
    I wonder if some of the more 'mature' folk here remember this or am I alone?

Didnt Elsie Tanner (Denis' mam) and Len Fairclough have a thing wayyyyy back in the day?

Len went on to marry Rita....

Who was Denis' dad????

Yeah, I just about remember something like that, but there again Elsie was with every man going and Len with every woman so I guess odds are they hooked up at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Im a few days behind so excuse me being late to the party. I know Dev isnt popular on here but did you not love his impression of Sophie from the other night. Here it is again:

BTW when Tina and Rik got to the drop off point it was sunny, when they di the exchange it was raining, yet a mile away in Weatherfield it was sunny, there really is nothing like a Manchester summer!

In fairness, that happens in Ireland all the time. My mother will come back from the shop and say "Did you not have any rain? God it was pouring in the village!". The village is about 3 miles away.
    Hotpot story was stupid

I think it was meant to be a long goodbye to Betty but they fumbled it. It really was so so poor. When did Sean ever show the slightest interest in cooking? So why did Betty leave him the recipe? It really was very poor.

I know I have said it before, but god I hate that Faye. I can't believe we lost Eddie and gained Faye. Errrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Anyone else think it was funny that Rita was rushing to the wedding but they had time for Tina to stop and do her make up and an elaborate up do but Tommy didn't have time to put on a tie?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

lizt wrote: »
    Anyone else think it was funny that Rita was rushing to the wedding but they had time for Tina to stop and do her make up and an elaborate up do but Tommy didn't have time to put on a tie?

Yes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Ann22 wrote: »
    Yeah absolutely. In reality he'd probably order a 'hit' fon them rom prison:eek:...the whole 'Rick's going to be put away for a very long time' was very Famous Five- happily ever after-ish.

yeah it was that alright, bit silly TBH.If he was a real villian, him or others of the gang would put a bullet into them or something........

• Advertisement

Mavis should have been back for Rita's wedding as well as her step daughter Jenny I think that is her name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Why was Julie at Rita's wedding but some of the rest on the Street wasnt?

Julie would have been there for Dennis. There was something a few months ago about herself and Eileen being related to Dennis.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Epicurus wrote: »
    Julie would have been there for Dennis. There was something a few months ago about herself and Eileen being related to Dennis.

Yeah Elsie and Colin were both Grimshaws and Julie looked up their family trees and found that they were cousins. She decided that Dennis would be like her long lost uncle and was very keen on forming a relationship with him, though they haven't spent much time together since she began her relationship with Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I wonder if some of the more 'mature' folk here remember this or am I alone?

Didnt Elsie Tanner (Denis' mam) and Len Fairclough have a thing wayyyyy back in the day?

Len went on to marry Rita....

Who was Denis' dad????
    I reckon I am the same vintage as yourself Chucken. As far as I remember, Elsie was married to Dennis Tanner (Sr) when they had young Dennis. Elsie had the affair with Len after her marriage broke up. Len then went on to marry Rita.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

jos28 wrote: »
    I reckon I am the same vintage as yourself Chucken. As far as I remember, Elsie was married to Dennis Tanner (Sr) when they had young Dennis. Elsie had the affair with Len after her marriage broke up. Len then went on to marry Rita.

Darn it,I was thinking there might be a great storyline coming up.
    Imagine if Denis was Lens son :pac:

• Advertisement

I wonder how Kirsty got the cops to listen to her?

How did she know where Tina was????

Will she get her job back now?

Tune in next time for more unanswered questions :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I wonder how Kirsty got the cops to listen to her?

"Hello Im a former cop" ought to do it.

I think Stella will rebound and hook up with Nick once she discovers Karl and Sunita's affair

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Now there's a storyline worth watching !

I think Stella will rebound and hook up with Nick once she discovers Karl and Sunita's affair

The sooner this storyline ends, the better. It's making me feel sorry for Dev.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

bijapos wrote: »
    BTW when Tina and Rik got to the drop off point it was sunny, when they di the exchange it was raining, yet a mile away in Weatherfield it was sunny, there really is nothing like a Manchester summer!

Must have had a cool Spring too - the cherry trees outside the Registry were flowering two months late.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

It's on tonight 7.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

lizt wrote: »

I was ranting here to the hubby about that....like how the fcuk did she manage to manoeuvre all that hair up?? I know she'd look gorgeous if it was stuck to her head with grease but come on:rolleyes:.

syklops wrote: »
    Im a few days behind so excuse me being late to the party. I know Dev isnt popular on here but did you not love his impression of Sophie from the other night.

I laughed out loud for the first time at Dev during that scene..(except for Harry Hill's p*sstake of him polishing the tops of the tins or whatever he was at with the dishcloth that time)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

this carl and suinta thing is so cringeworthy!!!

its embarassing to watch!! making eyes at each other- sucking face every 5 mins and that "Oh im just lookn for a cab" thing the other week i had to fast forward because i was ready to yak!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

i'm always texting my friend when those 2 are on aswell, if i've it recorded on the SKy plus it gets fast forwarded I actually can't watch them anymore they're VILE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Six of One

casio4 wrote: »
    Why oh why is Tommy to drive a car full of drugs to Amsterdam:eek: why bring apples to an orchard?:confused:

I wondered that but then remembered an episode of Banged up Abroad where a guy was bringing cocaine to Amsterdam. Probably not from England, but I suspended my disbelief anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

I hope Sunitta catches the clap

Sunita couldn't be acting more guilty if she tried.

I bet she has a little notebook with names and address's in it. Hope Dev finds it and rings "Lara"...mwahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Oh my god that scene with Sunita and the phone was just pathetic. Could she act more childish? And now she's trying to deny things? What a fool!

And there's Karl the slimeball sitting in the hotel waiting... tick tock tick tock

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

What have they done to Sunita? A few years ago she was living in a lovely big house, in a brilliant area of the city, engaged to a nice wealthy man who clearly adored her and cared for her children. Then she dumped him to be with Dev, insisted on selling the nice house and moving into poky no. 7, seemed fine for a short time and now all of a sudden she is a miserable, cheating harpy. Did the real Sunita die in the tram crash and have her body possessed by a demon? :confused:

iguana wrote: »
    What have they done to Sunita? A few years ago she was living in a lovely big house, in a brilliant area of the city, engaged to a nice wealthy man who clearly adored her and cared for her children. Then she dumped him to be with Dev, insisted on selling the nice house and moving into poky no. 7, seemed fine for a short time and now all of a sudden she is a miserable, cheating harpy. Did the real Sunita die in the tram crash and have her body possessed by a demon? :confused:

I know!!! Wtf happened to her???? She's like a totally different person. I know Dev's a dick but she left your man for him...she obviously had feelings for him. I don't know apart from his many irritating mannerisms what she's giving out about...how is he 'controlling' her? She's always harping on at him for something or other. He can't do anything right ffs! I don't know how he'll ever forgive her for lying in his face like that and the cheek of her taking up Stella's kind offer of moving into the pub with her bag of edible knickers and tubes of lube or whatever the fcuk's in the bag:mad:.What a total b*tch!!! And she's a fool if she thinks slimeball Karl has any intentions of leaving Stella who btw is going to murder him when she finds out..I can hardly contain myself 'til I see her smacking him hard in the face, kneeing him in the solar plexus and swinging that Sunita one around by the hair:mad:.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I know!!! Wtf happened to her???? She's like a totally different person. I know Dev's a dick but she left your man for him...she obviously had feelings for him. I don't know apart from his many irritating mannerisms what she's giving out about...how is he 'controlling' her? She's always harping on at him for something or other. He can't do anything right ffs! I don't know how he'll ever forgive her for lying in his face like that and the cheek of her taking up Stella's kind offer of moving into the pub with her bag of edible knickers and tubes of lube or whatever the fcuk's in the bag:mad:.What a total b*tch!!! And she's a fool if she thinks slimeball Karl has any intentions of leaving Stella who btw is going to murder him when she finds out..I can hardly contain myself 'til I see her smacking him hard in the face, kneeing him in the solar plexus and swinging that Sunita one around by the hair:mad:.

Come on Ann..tell us how you really feel :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Darn it,I was thinking there might be a great storyline coming up.

I thought Denis and Rita were about the same age , if Rita's husband Len had an affair with Denis' mother Elsie would that not make him much younger than Rita

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement