Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Stella isnt too bad it is Karl and Eva they need to get rid of asap imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I actually don't like Stella, i find her very annoying. She is too much of a stereotypical landlady, bossy, always there throwing a spontaneous party, shoulder to cry on, into evrybodies busimess etc etc, seems to me she is totally modelled on Peggy Mitchell.

Annie Walker, Bet Lynch and Liz McDonald to name a few all had some different streak in their personality which Stella doesn't have.

If they do introduce Sue Johnson as her Mum I hope they let her develop her charchter in her own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I've never been sold on Stella's accent but worse than that is the character. It is completely wooden, completely generic and completely nondescript, as the posted above me points out, nothing sets her apart from other landladies, I find her remarkably dull, were she to disappear from the show tomorrow I can honestly say that I wouldn't miss her, nor would I care enough about her character to even warrant much of an explanation for her disappearance, the fact that she is gone would be good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Stella isnt too bad it is Karl and Eva they need to get rid of asap imo

omg hes such an eyesore

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

I wouldn't miss any of them - be it Stella, Karl or Eva.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Yeah feck the three of them out the fcuk. Ps did anyone else notice the spine chillingly creepy thing Dev did with his fingers on the table in last night's episode?!..............shudder!:eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Ann22 wrote: »
    Yeah feck the three of them out the fcuk. Ps did anyone else notice the spine chillingly creepy thing Dev did with his fingers on the table in last night's episode?!..............shudder!:eek:

When he was blatantly talking about shagging Sunita in front of their children who are old enough to have some sort of idea what he was talking about? That whole scene was so icky.:(

Sunita is some slapper, gagging for it

I lol'd at Lesley punching Eileen shame they killed her off having her beat the crap outta Eileen and Paul would have been gas :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Sunita and Karl together - it's so slimy. Hate that storyline.

This sounds horrible - but I'm glad they killed off Lesley. They had an opportunity to do a realistic dementia storyline and they ruined it.

Sunita is behaving like a right slapper imo also..she doesn't appear to feel guilty about what's going on..all nice to Stella and at the same time letting Karl grope her left right and centre. Tbh..it seems like they've made her into a totally different person. Sunita was always a nice girl, caring and considerate..now she comes across as someone who doesn't give a crap:confused:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I lol'd at Lesley punching Eileen shame they killed her off having her beat the crap outta Eileen and Paul would have been gas :p

They should have let her loose on Norris and Scary Mary. Come to think of it, she could have got Tommy out of his sticky situation with the loan shark too! That was some right hook she had.

I was impressed with Eileen's acting tonight. I thought it was top-notch.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I could not believe Eileen just fecked off and left Lesley alone in the house tonight. Call someone to watch her while you calm down or something, idiot! They just seemed to assume she'd be grand, despite normally needing constant supervision. :rolleyes:

I had a total craving for cheese on toast after watching it though. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Posy wrote: »
    I could not believe Eileen just fecked off and left Lesley alone in the house tonight. Call someone to watch her while you calm down or something, idiot! They just seemed to assume she'd be grand, despite normally needing constant supervision. :rolleyes:

I had a total craving for cheese on toast after watching it though. :o

Yeah, it was a bit much. Surely Jason would have sat with her while Eileen got herself together.

Mind you don't use the toaster to make your cheese on toast...

Unless you have toaster pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Why the hell did Paul take her out of the care home, though?! Surely that was the best place for her :(

I thought it was a bit much "I was only gone for a minute" NO! you left and went over to the cafe.
    I couldnt watch the electrocution

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

The electrocution scene reminded me of when Ken's first wife died. She was also electrocuted but it was a hairdryer not a toaster !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I thought it was well done, her hair was standing on end before she hit the floor

Paul has a hard neck lecturing Eileen on leaving Lesley alone! Remember he went off and left her sitting on the ground crying after she'd been cutting up the wedding photos????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Watched this weeks Corrie on the player this evening. What I learnt this week:

Kirsty is a cow, on her first day in work she insults all her co-wokers as being intellectually beneath her, even after she apologised she was still contemptuous of them. Way to go girl! :rolleyes:

WTF was Tommy doing giving Terry the £9,000 on top of the £10,000 he already gave him when he knew Terry was a con man. :(

The Alzheimers story was one of the worst Corrie has ever produced on a serious social/medical issue. The actress who played leslie is either badly directed or never bothered to research her role properly.

Eileen can act so try to give her some proper storylines and not one as daft as this.

Norris is an insensitive cnut and normally nobody would have anything to do with him or his shop. His charachter can be funny though.

Actor who plays David Platt has repeatedly proved that he can't play a drunk so please don't script him as one again.

Sunita has a great arse, no wonder Karl always grabs her there first.

Where the hell has Julie gone after her terrible news, quickest recovery from a serious op that I've ever seen.

.....and I've said it before, so I'll say it again, too much of Corrie is filmed in the intensive care unit of Weatherfield General Hospital.

Why the hell did Paul take her out of the care home, though?! Surely that was the best place for her :(

She walked out of it though it's supposed to be a secure unit and he was worried they in the home weren't taking care of her so he took her out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

So that had a problem and they killed it off- v soap land!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

efb wrote: »
    So that had a problem and they killed it off- v soap land!
    Sure what else could they do?! :rolleyes: ;)

Funny how Paul was managing fine with Lesley before he meet Eileen :p

what can he say , the woman is a whirlwind

Funny how Paul was managing fine with Lesley before he meet Eileen :p
    She had a carer, Margaret, who moved away shortly after they got together, then his house had the worst burst pipe in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Hopefully that's the end of the Paul/Eileen/Lesley storyline......seriously bored of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

feel sorry for Eileen, I think Paul will dump her now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

What happened to Paul's car , he drove on to the street when the got the news that Leslie has an accident but walked away from Eileens with his bag tonight.

Do the residents have to park somewhere else , cars seem to appear as needed and then vanish again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Karen23 wrote: »
    What happened to Paul's car , he drove on to the street when the got the news that Leslie has an accident but walked away from Eileens with his bag tonight.

Karl probably bet it on a horse! :D

• Advertisement

Coronation Street fans will see Carla Connor and Leanne Barlow's bitter feud reignited next week.

The pair's clashes have been on the back-burner for a short while, but tension flares up again as the custody battle for Simon gathers pace in the coming days.

When Carla (Alison King) learns that Simon has told a court officer that he'd prefer to live with Leanne, she worries about the impact his harsh words will have on Peter (Chris Gascoyne).

Deciding to give Peter some space to sort things out with his son, Carla heads to the pub - where she soon finds herself in another argument with Leanne (Jane Danson).

Stella sends the pair into the back room of The Rovers to avoid a scene in front of the punters, so Carla seizes the opportunity to lay her cards on the table with Leanne - admitting that the current situation at the flat is difficult.

Carla suggests that Leanne should do what is best for Simon by moving away to London to give him some space, adding that they could re-establish contact at a later date.

The Underworld businesswoman adds that she could even give Leanne some cash to tide her over until the divorce settlement comes through. However, when a furious Leanne sees this as a bribe, has Carla made things much worse?

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Friday, May 25 at 8.30pm on ITV1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement