Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

what is with all the birthdays in the past few weeks? Leanne, Simon and Sally!

I'm kind of warming to Stella, but I don't think I will ever warm to Eva or the husband.

Amber is suddenly a lot bitchier than she ever was, I hate when they bring back characters and change them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

lizt wrote: »

Don't forget Deirdre.

They are their birthday's that they've had since they were first on the show. The thing is that when so many characters are on a soap eventually every date is someone's birthday. And some of the characters were out of the show when others were created. I'm sure when Simon was born, for example, the writers didn't foresee that in 7 years they'd bring Leanne back and make him her step-son.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Ken ya big TIT!:(:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

gettin seriously sick of brooke vincents accent and sian fock me its like aural torture :/

also life in the world of soapland ;o a daughter(rosie) might not be seen for months even if something major happens to the family like were seeing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

lizt wrote: »

I'm kind of warming to Stella, but I don't think I will ever warm to Eva or the husband.

Amber is suddenly a lot bitchier than she ever was, I hate when they bring back characters and change them.

The problem with Eva is there isn't any room on screen, or patience for the viewer for another super-bitch which is what she is meant to be. We already have Tracy and Becky in the 'super' category, and I just dont have the RAM left over to take in what Eva is all about, and I don't think I am alone in this. The way they should have done it was Steve and Becky split up, Becky fecks off, Steve is inconsolable and so takes on Stella to help out. A few weeks down the line, he offers her a permanent job and she moves in Eva and personality-less hubby. On the rebound, Steve falls for Eva''s thinly veiled seductions, and they end up in bed together. This rubs Tracy up the wrong way, and we find out that Eva is well able of handling Tracy.

Instead, there is way too much blonde hair on the screen, its all been rushed, its all been badly implemented, and now it is just a mess. Six more months of Becky and Steve warring? For the first time in nearly 30 years I might take a break from Corrie. PM me when it is all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

A little offended at people (such as posters to this thread) referring to him as 'Rat Boy', the actor Jack P Shepherd (David) has now had to suffer his fellow 'actors' using the expression too, as the writers have written it into the script more than once.

Realising that he does indeed look quite like a rat, David has now decided to try to draw attention away from his face by stacking his hair on top of his head and growing a set of dodgy sideburns.

Result: he still looks like a rat, but of a different species.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd love to see Gail go after Marc he looks closer to her age than her mam's age imagine a love triangle with Gail/Marc/Audrey :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ollaetta

iguana wrote: »
    WTF? James went through months of hassle and risk for £3k. He'd have made more as a knicker stitcher.

Serves the little knob right. Yet another boring character in a sh*te storyline, no wonder the ratings are supposed to be dropping.

That James is a right nasty piece of work, threatening a child:(........................

P.S All people with the name James are not nasty;):p

That was just evil; Shut your mouth or I'll make the nasty man take your mummy back to prison and you'll never see her again. And as she starts crying; Not just your mummy, your gran and grandad as well and you'll be left all alone. With me!

If the child playing Amy was as good an actor as the child playing Simon that scene would have been terrifying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Had to laugh at Roy changing Hopes nappy while wearing rubber gloves!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Cookie33 wrote: »
    Coronation Street's Izzy Armstrong lies unconscious after becoming the victim of a mugging..............................How will Gary react when he discovers what has happened?

Any chance in future people put spoiler tags on these spoilers please, I never read them, ruins the "excitement".
    Cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

iguana wrote: »
    That was just evil; Shut your mouth or I'll make the nasty man take your mummy back to prison and you'll never see her again. And as she starts crying; Not just your mummy, your gran and grandad as well and you'll be left all alone. With me!

If the child playing Amy was as good an actor as the child playing Simon that scene would have been terrifying.

I hope he does that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Had to laugh at Roy changing Hopes nappy while wearing rubber gloves!

Me too thought it was perfect thing for roy to do :)

What exactly is James trying to do with kens house, he is trying to sell it it or re-mortgage it? Poor little Amy i felt so sorry for her

blondie7 wrote: »
    What exactly is James trying to do with kens house, he is trying to sell it it or re-mortgage it?

Re-mortgage it and pocket the cash for himself I assume. Although Ken and Deirdre re-mortgaged the house a few years back to pat for Tracey's defence lawyer. It's why Deirdre was so upset that Blanche left all her money from the sale of number 7 to Tracey. It's a good thing for Amy's sake that James doesn't know that Tracey is minted. He'd probably kidnap her and blackmail Tracey for her cash.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

James is a very poor pantomime villain. He's about as intimidating as a wet sponge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Poor Leanne :(:(:(

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

SarahBeep! wrote: »

Yeah that was tough...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

SarahBeep! wrote: »

The moment they showed Leanne and Peter's stairs for the very first time, you just knew it was an invitation for Leanne to fall down it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Poor, poor Leanne, she's a quality actress...she did get on my nerves a bit however, harping on at Peter the whole time about Carla finding out about the pregnancy. She's so obsessive about her, he never mentions Nick to her and she was shagging him.

I'm totally bored with the Sean, Dylan and whatsisname story...I don't like Sean's character at all, he's an awful petty individual. I say get rid of the 3 of them. Who gives a hoot which child won the competition...yawn!

And the Alahans...get rid of them too. Pity Amber changed personality, I liked her in it before. The welcome Dev gave her was in sharp contrast to the way he treated her when she was last in it. Sophie back behind the counter(yawn!) in their shop is a scene boring beyond endurance.

Like how the fcuk do they need a shop assistant anyway..it's ridiculous. She's getting her job back there now, when they've had no one replacing her..Sophie's there stocking shelves...while Sunita prices things all the freakin' time while Dev sits in the back constantly studying the books...pure stupid that is.

The corner shop's the same...50 people(slight exaggeration:o) behind the counter to serve the odd customer a packet of chewing gum. Never mind the Rovers...there's millions of bar people working there, day in day out while the bar's always half empty. Then they've tiny houses packed with folk who've nowhere to sit....

• Advertisement

Watch where your swinging that machete there Ann, you might hurt someone:D:p

Ann is on the warpath, jeez:p

Every so often I go on a rant Jimmy...it does my stress levels good:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ann22 wrote: »
    Poor, poor Leanne, she's a quality actress...she did get on my nerves a bit however, harping on at Peter the whole time about Carla finding out about the pregnancy. She's so obsessive about her, he never mentions Nick to her and she was shagging him.

I'm totally bored with the Sean, Dylan and whatsisname story...I don't like Sean's character at all, he's an awful petty individual. I say get rid of the 3 of them. Who gives a hoot which child won the competition...yawn!

And the Alahans...get rid of them too. Pity Amber changed personality, I liked her in it before. The welcome Dev gave her was in sharp contrast to the way he treated her when she was last in it. Sophie back behind the counter(yawn!) in their shop is a scene boring beyond endurance.

Like how the fcuk do they need a shop assistant anyway..it's ridiculous. She's getting her job back there now, when they've had no one replacing her..Sophie's there stocking shelves...while Sunita prices things all the freakin' time while Dev sits in the back constantly studying the books...pure stupid that is.

The corner shop's the same...50 people(slight exaggeration:o) behind the counter to serve the odd customer a packet of chewing gum. Never mind the Rovers...there's millions of bar people working there, day in day out while the bar's always half empty. Then they've tiny houses packed with folk who've nowhere to sit....

Well said Ann. Also can anybody answer this question that I've had for a while in my head:

How do people in the Rovers Return get outside to the smoking area out in the back without having to go through the bar?? There doesn't seem to be any other way to get out there unless they actually go out through the front door and go round the corner and through the alley ways at the back. If they do go through the bar then that would be pretty unusual to have people traipsing back and forth through the bar and living quarters in order to get to the smoking area, especially when there's a till with cash in it and a person could always nip up the stairs if they felt inclined..... :confused:

Well said Ann. Also can anybody answer this question that I've had for a while in my head:

How do people in the Rovers Return get outside to the smoking area out in the back without having to go through the bar?? There doesn't seem to be any other way to get out there unless they actually go out through the front door and go round the corner and through the alley ways at the back. If they do go through the bar then that would be pretty unusual to have people traipsing back and forth through the bar and living quarters in order to get to the smoking area, especially when there's a till with cash in it and a person could always nip up the stairs if they felt inclined..... :confused:

I never noticed that Harry, now I think of it..I don't think I've ever seen anyone smoking out the back except for bar staff..Customers should be shown smoking out on the street to make it more realistic. What do they do in Eastenders I wonder? I rarely watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Oddly enough in one of my locals we have to walk through the bar to get to the smoking area. Feels really weird at the start but you get over standing out back with the kegs.

That Sean charachter is really getting annoying. He has a really spoilt brat persona about him.

Ah we all need to air our frustrations sometimes Ann, If the feckin mods would stop spanking us and giving out the warnings and bans:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

How do people in the Rovers Return get outside to the smoking area out in the back without having to go through the bar??

Heres a plan of the Rovers, I can only presume its through the cellar door, in reality there is nothing there as a scene is never shot with two people meeting at the door going out to the yard.

newrov1.gif

Whats more bizarre is this: The Rovers is on a street corner:
    3278667727_3c82223e45.jpg

So where is the Living room on this photo? It should be going out onto the street on the left of this pic but it doesn't, some strange vortex in operation here I think, they should call in Doctor Who to find out. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

And that green door you see in the picture, is not in the floor plan.

Btw, where did you get the floor plan? It looks awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

bijapos wrote: »
    Any chance in future people put spoiler tags on these spoilers please, I never read them, ruins the "excitement".
    Cheers ;)

But it is a spoiler thread if you don't want to know the spoilers then don't read the thread!

• Advertisement

bijapos wrote: »
    Heres a plan of the Rovers, I can only presume its through the cellar door, in reality there is nothing there as a scene is never shot with two people meeting at the door going out to the yard.

So where is the Living room on this photo? It should be going out onto the street on the left of this pic but it doesn't, some strange vortex in operation here I think, they should call in Doctor Who to find out. :)

Never mind the Rovers living-room. The cellar and toilet doors lead straight into the Barlows' living-room. And what about the upstairs flat that just randomly appeared above the Rovers around the time Becky moved in. Then disappeared for months only to be seen once more when Max was taken away by social services and not again since.:confused:

I hope with the move to the new set in MediaCityUK they will work things out a bit better in terms of layout.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement