Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Sophie's getting on my nerves...pestering Kevin for a big pile of money. I'd say your man whatsisname Barlow junior's going to do a runner with it all anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Ann22 wrote: »
    Sophie's getting on my nerves...pestering Kevin for a big pile of money. I'd say your man whatsisname Barlow junior's going to do a runner with it all anyway.

Hes making a fool of her and will make one of a few others as well i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,777 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

did you ever see anything like the super awesome fun times at Gail & Sally's big night out on Monday. When I heard one of them suggest 'cracking open a bottle' I thought, I'd actually rather spend the evening with Kev & his anorak.

Then they spent the evening spying on her son having sexy times with his wife. Rotten.

What's the story with Owen - barking at poor Ches cos he wants to look after his own niece - I wouldn't be too happy if my niece was being sent up the road to stay with neighbours. Owen's character is as odd as they come, one minute he's threatening Eileen with turfing her out on the street and handing her into the police over the minor fraud, next he's charging in on his white horse to help Anna - are we supposed to like him or what? Seems like a creepy dodge-meister to me.

As for the 15 people in Fiz's cell - they're always at that in soaps. How many times have we seen crying rellies being torn away as the doctor applies the cardio electric plate thingies CLEAR (BADUMP) , WAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAA, SAVE MY HUSBAND/WIFE/CHILD, CLEAR (BADUMP) Or several family members gathered round in a maternity hospital as their loved one pushes out a puppy. It's the joy of soapland. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I fancied Anna from the first time she appeared on Coronation Street. The fact that she's attractive seemed to have passed everybody by. At last there's somebody actually showing some interest in her apart from Eddie Windass.

Same here. What a woman.

I hate that it is Eoin who is the one taking an interest in her. I know its not like there are dozens of eligible bachelors on the street but even so. The thought of that grubby bastard having his hands on her. Urgh!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

You got scammed Rosie, maybe that will put a stop to you being a do gooder from now on and getting some sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

You got scammed Rosie, maybe that will put a stop to you being a do gooder from now on and getting some sense.

Sophie :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Aw. Poor 'ole Sophie.

The srptiwriters really need to give that kid a break. She could loose that inarticulate side-kick and get herself a decent gf. for a start.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:eek: The **** just hit the fan.

And now the skin and hair is about to hit the walls.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Sophie :P

Yup, when Rosie got scammed it was because she was fuçking her boss.

Those Webster girls can have the best or worst intentions but if they transfer vast sums of money to anyone, that's the last they'll see of it.

Poor Gail's been driven to drink.

Funny how the Barlows managed to get all the furniture damaged by Becky's sledgehammmer replaced with exact replicas.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Funny how the Barlows managed to get all the furniture damaged by Becky's sledgehammmer replaced with exact replicas.

I thought the purpose of Becky's hammer attack was as a precursor to the Barlow house getting a makeover. They have to have the most uncomfortable house on the street, what with them only having one small "day" room that has to house their tv, couch and the dining table and chairs. Once James is gone they should get on with turning Blanche's old room back into a sitting room and get the couch out of their dining room. And Tracey needs to move out and stop sharing a room with her much too old to sleep with Mummy daughter.

The same goes for Eileen's house. Sean and Marcus and Dylan all squeezed into her tiny frontroom is ridiculous. Sean has two jobs and Marcus is a medical professional, they should get a proper house/flat and let Eileen have room for a table.

iguana wrote: »
    I thought the purpose of Becky's hammer attack was as a precursor to the Barlow house getting a makeover. They have to have the most uncomfortable house on the street, what with them only having one small "day" room that has to house their tv, couch and the dining table and chairs. Once James is gone they should get on with turning Blanche's old room back into a sitting room and get the couch out of their dining room. And Tracey needs to move out and stop sharing a room with her much too old to sleep with Mummy daughter.

The same goes for Eileen's house. Sean and Marcus and Dylan all squeezed into her tiny frontroom is ridiculous. Sean has two jobs and Marcus is a medical professional, they should get a proper house/flat and let Eileen have room for a table.

The thing is, in years gone by, the "front parlours" would be referenced often in the script and even occasionally shown. Remember when Blanche was sleeping in the front room? Surely thay can afford to include the front rooms in the sets now. No families live like that anymore, never entering the front room and saving it for "best". It's totally unrealistic.

The Barlow's house is like a Victorian mauselium, with all that brown, hardbacked furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I never noticed that. The whole room was practically demolished. They must have loads of money that they could afford to replace everthing to quickly.

I've often thought their sittingrooms were very crowded. The Barlow's is desperate packed...a wee sofa hidden behiind the table. Where's the telly I wonder? I rememember in Eileen's house, Jason was sprawled across Eileen's legs on the wee sofa she has. Terrible crowded house..no armchairs as far as I've noticed. My son jumps a mile away from me if I touch his legs with my bare feet when we're on the sofa....maybe that's just us:o.

The thing is, in years gone by, the "front parlours" would be referenced often in the script and even occasionally shown. Remember when Blanche was sleeping in the front room? Surely thay can afford to include the front rooms in the sets now. No families live like that anymore, never entering the front room and saving it for "best". It's totally unrealistic.

I was thinking about it when we saw the new set for Lister and the Stripper's house for the first time tonight. They have the kitchen still extended like Claire and Ashley did so they have a little table in it, and a couch in the original dining room. I was wondering does that mean we'll never see the sitting room, like we didn't with when the Peacocks were in it. (Even when Ashley was banished to the couch for backing out of the vasectomy he slept on the little couch in the kitchen/diner instead of on the full size one normal people would have in their front rooms.:rolleyes:) When it was the Websters' house we often saw both of their rooms. At least the Barlows and Grimshaws have an excuse as their front rooms are used as bedrooms.

I'm trying to remember, the Barlows all live in one room, I think we've seen both rooms at Emily's house, though it's rare to see in her house at all so I could be wrong. We never see the front room at Tyrone's house, which is in such a bad state I almost don't blame Molly for cheating. The Alahans' is open plan, as is Fiz's. Eileen's is all in one room and Lister and the Stripper's is yet to be confirmed but it doesn't look good.

Nearly everyone on the street lives in severe overcrowding anyway. Apart from the Alahans' all of the redbricks are 2 bedroomed, (the Alahans' has a converted attic - I remember Curly up there with his telescope). I think Eileen's is the worst right now, with 5 adults and a child, and the Barlows' have 4 adults and a child. Roy and Hayley have a small 2-bed flat with 4 adults and a child right now. Nick still lives with Gail, David and Kylie, which is ridiculous, he should go back to Victoria Court, it's no wonder we haven't seen Ted in well over a year, there's no room for him. Maria is loaded, yet she lives in a small flat with a toddler and her boyfriend. Junior Barlows' flat is too small for the three of them, especially as Leanne wants more children. And why does Kylie want the salon flat so badly? Both Chesney's flat above the shop and Lister's flat above the cab firm are currently empty. David and Kylie should take one and Tracey and Amy, the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭cena

What ever happened too Gails father

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

bijapos wrote: »
    Next week: Kevin Webster takes his sling off and manages to put his manky 1980's jacket on again, thanks to the props dept finding that too.

WIN!!!!!!! Tonight he had the sling off, had to go outside with the pram and........voilla! The Return of the Jacket!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

cena wrote: »
    What ever happened too Gails father

Good point, forgot about him.

Kev and Sall are very pally lately:confused:.You would never think that he had a fling with someone else:P, thats highly iregular;).
    Sophie is so gullible? Sian is a bit more sensible.

My word a mans money is gone and some of the posters on here can only talk about the decor of the barlows room? Tut!Tut!:p:D

• Advertisement

jimmyw wrote: »

My word a mans money is gone and some of the posters on here can only talk about the decor of the barlows room? Tut!Tut!:p:D

Well, it did somehow magically reconfigure itself! I know they made tables sturdy back in Uncle Albert's day but still an all.

Ted, Gail's dad, hasn't been seen since he loaned Joe his life savings. He wasn't around through Gail's widowhood or jail time or David's wedding. I assume either the actor is too frail due to his age or he's been doing theatre work.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

It's quite noticeable that, every time Ken Barlow raises a glass to toast 'The Family', all hell will break loose within 30 seconds in the Barlow household.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Oliverdog wrote: »
    It's quite noticeable that, every time Ken Barlow raises a glass to toast 'The Family', all hell will break loose within 30 seconds in the Barlow household.

So Peter isn't the only Barlow who should never have a drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,777 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street's Stella Price will reportedly be left in a critical condition after she is knocked down by a drunk Carla Connor.

The plot will apparently be used by bosses to decide if the ITV soap will keep Michelle Collins on in the role of the new Rovers Return manager. The Sun claims that viewing figures have fallen since the former EastEnders star, whose fake northern accent has been criticised by some viewers, arrived on the Street.

If the scenes alongside actresses Jane Danson and Alison King do not win over viewers, the paper suggests that Collins faces the axe in a Christmas plot.

"This storyline is Michelle's last chance to win viewers over," a source said. "She will be mown down by Carla Connor, who drunkenly drives her car into Barlow's Bookies as a plea for help with her booze battle.

"Stella will be rushed to hospital and Leanne will realise she wants her mum to live and for them to have a relationship. If that doesn't get the figures up, there is no hope for her and they will kill her off at Christmas."
    Meanwhile, it has also been suggested that producer Phil Collinson will leave the show next year, due to his position "fast becoming untenable".

Responding to the claims, an ITV spokeswoman commented: "Ratings for the first six months of 2011 are up year on year. We have also been the number one show across all channels more than any other programme so far this year.

"ITV are extremely pleased with the work of Phil Collinson and his production team. The channel is also delighted with audience reaction to Stella's arrival on Coronation Street and with the storylines planned in the coming months."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Im not liking Stella. Despite it being nearly 10 years since I watch Eastenders, its too weird seeing her on screen in Corrie. Other soap actors have jumped between soaps, and it didnt seem weird(Molly would be a good example), but Michelle Collins was iconic in Eastenders. I mean i even know her name and was able to recall her name when I saw her, but I cant tell you the real names of hardly any of the Corrie actors.

Also, not liking Stella's Daughter. Moany, aul bint. A lot cuter than Tracy though. If Tract left the street, I might have more patience for Moany Daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

I doubt the ratings have dropped cos of the introduction of Michelle Collins I'd say its more to do with the boring as hell storylines! If they drag out Fiz's problems any longer it'll soon be Christmas!

And the Sophie story is ridiculous, so boring, no excitement at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

And the Sophie story is ridiculous, so boring, no excitement at all!

All of her stories are rubbish and she is really irritating. Hate her voice

WTF? James went through months of hassle and risk for £3k. He'd have made more as a knicker stitcher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Coronation Street's Izzy Armstrong lies unconscious after becoming the victim of a mugging.

When Gary wades into a row between the fiercely independent factory worker and Sally Webster, the couple end up rowing. Lying that she is spending the night with sister Katy, Izzy plans a night out with Sean and Julie.

However, when targeted by a thief, Izzy falls from her wheelchair. As she lies unconscious, a panicked Sean and Julie rush to their friends aid.

How will Gary react when he discovers what has happened?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement