Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Wasn't Ken's 'grandson' William roche's actual son?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

efb wrote: »
    yeah it was his son

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

casio4 wrote: »
    yeah it was his son

Dreadful actor.

Dreadful actor.
    he was bad alright, i would say he just did it so he could say he was in the soap with his dad who is the longest running character ever:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

cats.life wrote: »
    the make up people were going a bit over board this week with leanne, izzy,and ken..all bruised over. glad that kens granson is gone, lousey actor.

I was laughing over this Friday night, the make up dept must have been on overtime! Very dramatic altogether:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

efb wrote: »

And his Father in Corri is his real life brother/half brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

somehow i dont think weve seen the last of kens grandson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I thought the stakeout with Gary was going to be dragged out for a few episodes, glad it wasn't.LOL at Sean saying to julie, "your bringing Dillon to a reading, not doing an operation".Speaking of which, wasn't that devious of Julie to not correct them on her not being Dillions mother:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

jimmyw wrote: »
    I thought the stakeout with Gary was going to be dragged out for a few episodes, glad it wasn't.LOL at Sean saying to julie, "your bringing Dillon to a reading, not doing an operation".Speaking of which, wasn't that devious of Julie to not correct them on her not being Dillions mother:rolleyes:.

Why did Julie keep up the pretence of being his mother, especially when that greasy woman left? So now we'll probably have some kind of farcical situation for the next few weeks where Julie is pretending to be Dylan's mother every time yer man the teacher calls round for some extra-curricular activity. There was nothing to stop Julie from telling him the truth after yer wan had left the classroom. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Why did Julie keep up the pretence of being his mother, especially when that greasy woman left? So now we'll probably have some kind of farcical situation for the next few weeks where Julie is pretending to be Dylan's mother every time yer man the teacher calls round for some extra-curricular activity. There was nothing to stop Julie from telling him the truth after yer wan had left the classroom. :rolleyes:
    Does anyone else think that Julie is supposed to be the new Mavis Reilly?

I'm dissapointed at that Gary/Izzy story. They could have done a good story arc there, instead it was all over in three episodes.

• Advertisement

Yeah or ring/go round to him....................Oh maybe she doesn't know where he lives or have his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Did anyone think the guy who plays Gary gave a fantastic performance last night?! I thought he acted it really well but a friend of mine cracked some joke about how Fair City will snap him up when he's sacked!:eek:

I thought he was really good - I found myself getting teary eyed actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Fine piece of subtle comedy last night between Roy and his mother reading Becky’s card from Crete. Roy suspected the sincerity of Becky’s wish that Hayley and he were there, and then observed that Becky had been doing a lot of night-clubbing, his emphasis on the second word proving that the expression was completely unfamiliar to him.
    Sylvia scornfully noted that Becky had written that the sun was shinning, and later when discussing the matter with Tracey, told her that the sun shins out of the backside of Becky’s new boyfriend.

Good writing, great acting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

leahyl wrote: »
    Did anyone think the guy who plays Gary gave a fantastic performance last night?! I thought he acted it really well but a friend of mine cracked some joke about how Fair City will snap him up when he's sacked!:eek:

That was a fantastic bit of acting, very accurate. I was moved by it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,661 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mikey North is doing very well in that role with the current storyline

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Sylvia scornfully noted that Becky had written that the sun was shinning, and later when discussing the matter with Tracey, told her that the sun shins out of the backside of Becky’s new boyfriend.

Good writing, great acting.

I actually like Tracey in that scene:eek:

iguana wrote: »
    I actually like Tracey in that scene:eek:

Perhaps you should go for a lie down until the feeling passes off . . .;)

Dreadful actor.

His granddad must be so proud that his acting prowess is passing down the generations. :)

Talking of award-winning actors, where's Rosie? She was supposed to be upstairs trying out some blusher on the boy Dylan yesterday. Perhaps she's testing cosmetics on the missing Jack too - I know it's illegal to do it to animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

yep he sure did, very well done. as far as fair city:eek:. poor izzy will she ever speak to him again. as for her dad i thought he would grab gary and give him a paste agianst the wall.

cats.life wrote: »
    yep he sure did, very well done. as far as fair city:eek:. poor izzy will she ever speak to him again. as for her dad i thought he would grab gary and give him a paste agianst the wall.

I think the Coronation Street writers are trying to rehabilitate Izzy's dad from being a raving psychopath to being a kind and caring family man who's got the hots for Anna Windass.

• Advertisement

I think the Coronation Street writers are trying to rehabilitate Izzy's dad from being a raving psychopath to being a kind and caring family man who's got the hots for Anna Windass.

Just like they rehabilitated the Windasses from being a terrifying, not to be messed with criminal family when they first shafted Joe out of payment for the kitchen he did for them.

yeah the builder (cant think of his name) seems to be mellowing, maybe he only hugged Gary cause he was grateful that he didnt harm Izzy, or that he is Annas son and wants to keep her sweet because he wants to get into to her K.....;).

jimmyw wrote: »
    yeah the builder (cant think of his name) seems to be mellowing, maybe he only hugged Gary cause he was grateful that he didnt harm Izzy, or that he is Annas son and wants to keep her sweet because he wants to get into to her K.....;).
    you have hit the nail on the head there i was just thinking the same thing:)if he had of got heavy handed with gary it could have turned ugly

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Its about time Tyrone gets a bit of happiness:

Weatherfield bosses recently announced the casting of actress Natalie Gumede as police officer Kirsty Soames, who will fall for Tyrone in a forthcoming storyline.

More details about the upcoming story have emerged today as the Daily Star reports that Kirsty's first scenes see Tommy give her £20 to pretend she is interested in Tyrone (Alan Halsall).

However, Tommy's secret plot to cheer his housemate up has an unexpected outcome when Kirsty develops true feelings for the unlucky-in-love mechanic.

After hearing about Tommy's scheming, Tyrone reportedly tells him: "It's all turned out great, so you really are a good friend."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Its about time Tyrone gets a bit of happiness:

Weatherfield bosses recently announced the casting of actress Natalie Gumede as police officer Kirsty Soames, who will fall for Tyrone in a forthcoming storyline.

More details about the upcoming story have emerged today as the Daily Star reports that Kirsty's first scenes see Tommy give her £20 to pretend she is interested in Tyrone (Alan Halsall).

However, Tommy's secret plot to cheer his housemate up has an unexpected outcome when Kirsty develops true feelings for the unlucky-in-love mechanic.

After hearing about Tommy's scheming, Tyrone reportedly tells him: "It's all turned out great, so you really are a good friend."

She is really cute. She looks a bit like Cheryl, only not as in-yer-face hot. I'd say she'll look great in uniform.

Does anyone else hate Tommy Duckworth?

syklops wrote: »
    She is really cute. She looks a bit like Cheryl, only not as in-yer-face hot. I'd say she'll look great in uniform.

Does anyone else hate Tommy Duckworth?

I've just googled her. She's way out of Tyrone's league.

Coronation Street: Your true-to-life soap :rolleyes:

Agree about Tommy Duckworth. If he was made of chocolate, he'd eat himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I've just googled her. She's way out of Tyrone's league.

Coronation Street: Your true-to-life soap :rolleyes:

Agree about Tommy Duckworth. If he was made of chocolate, he'd eat himself.

Its true to form in Corrie. There are more lookers on one street in Manchester then there is in some modelling agencies. And some of them are going out with some right fug-buckets. Example:

Anna - Eddie Windass(and now Eoin, bluergh!)
    Tina - David, then Nick, then Graham(nice guy, but no... I dont know, tell me someone good looking)
    Michelle - Steve(not ugly, but seriously though, how?)
    Carla - Scottish psycho, Peter, Frank
    Maria - Tyrone
    Sunita - Dev(he owns shops, so its believable)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,661 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Poor Fizz :(

• Advertisement

Is anyone else sick of the way Corrie spoilers are released at the moment? I don't mind knowing bits and pieces. I enjoy Corrie but it's not the type of show that I need to see unfolding as the writers intended, so I'm ok with knowing a few spoilers here and there. But it's really getting ridiculous.

We haven't yet met this Kirsty character but we not only know that she's a cop who is a love interest for Tyrone, we now know she will be bribed by Tommy to show an interest in him (very professional for a police officer :confused:) she will fall for him for real, they will get together, Tyrone will find out about Tommy's plan and will be ok with it.

We not only know Steve and Tracey will get together soon,
    but we know she will get pregnant, miscarry, not tell anyone, goad Becky into attacking her and blame Becky for the lost baby.

Before Fiz ever went to prison we knew she would be arrested, refuse to take Hope,
    eventually take Hope, get mixed up in a prison drug ring who threaten Hope, and be freed when John Stape appears and confesses all at her trial.

Surely spoilers are meant to be a little bit of titillation, not a give away about the conclusion of a storyline which hasn't even started yet. It's like the difference between trying to attract a mate by putting on a pair of jeans that makes your bum look fantastic and showing them a dvd of your colonoscopy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement