Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Gary saying, "He might want to have a pop"!:D.LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street's troubled Becky McDonald will plot to kidnap Fiz Stape's baby daughter Hope in a forthcoming storyline, a report has claimed.

The former barmaid starts making her shock plan after striking up a bond with the youngster as they both continue living under the same roof at the Croppers' home in the coming weeks, The Sun claims.

Becky was recently left devastated when her nephew Max was taken into care. She had previously purchased the child from half-sister Kylie as her adoption dreams had been crushed and she is unable to have children of her own.

Hope, meanwhile, is living with Roy and Hayley while Fiz awaits trial in prison after being implicated in her husband John's crime spree.

However, when Fiz (Jennie McAlpine) decides that she wants Hope to move to the jail's mother and baby unit, Becky reportedly springs into action and considers fleeing Weatherfield with the baby.

A Coronation Street source told the newspaper: "Becky is baby-mad and is desperate for one. She grows close to Hope and dreams of bringing her up as her own."

The insider added: "Becky isn't thinking straight and believes jail is no place for a baby."

Katherine Kelly, who plays Becky, finishes filming with the soap later this year and her final scenes air in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Six of One

I hate baby stealing story lines! Why is baby stealing the next logical option for so many childless women in Soapland?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Coronation Street's troubled Becky McDonald will plot to kidnap Fiz Stape's baby daughter Hope in a forthcoming storyline, a report has claimed.

The former barmaid starts making her shock plan after striking up a bond with the youngster as they both continue living under the same roof at the Croppers' home in the coming weeks, The Sun claims.

Becky was recently left devastated when her nephew Max was taken into care. She had previously purchased the child from half-sister Kylie as her adoption dreams had been crushed and she is unable to have children of her own.

Hope, meanwhile, is living with Roy and Hayley while Fiz awaits trial in prison after being implicated in her husband John's crime spree.

However, when Fiz (Jennie McAlpine) decides that she wants Hope to move to the jail's mother and baby unit, Becky reportedly springs into action and considers fleeing Weatherfield with the baby.

A Coronation Street source told the newspaper: "Becky is baby-mad and is desperate for one. She grows close to Hope and dreams of bringing her up as her own."

The insider added: "Becky isn't thinking straight and believes jail is no place for a baby."

Katherine Kelly, who plays Becky, finishes filming with the soap later this year and her final scenes air in 2012.

Oh for God's sake did Corrie really have to bring this storyline up again after the Eastenders one - couldn't they be a bit more original?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

One of my favourite shows, gone to hell altogether. After 25 years, I can take no more of this poor writing, desperately poor acting (Tracy (the gurning troll), Amy, James, Sean, Marcus, Maria, Fizz, David + wife, Audrey's new squeeze, Lloyd's partner, I could go on.....and on....) and increasingly daft storylines :( Won't be tuning in again (though will still keep an eye on this forum as it's gas and some of the contributors are gifted).

On the up side, the dog will be delighted as he'll get a walk earlier in the evening now....and I'll get fitter..... and save on the ESB.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I can't wait to see Becky leave. She's one long string of self-pitying misery.

fifilarue wrote: »
    One of my favourite shows, gone to hell altogether. After 25 years, I can take no more of this poor writing, desperately poor acting (Tracy (the gurning troll), Amy, James, Sean, Marcus, Maria, Fizz, David + wife, Audrey's new squeeze, Lloyd's partner, I could go on.....and on....) and increasingly daft storylines :( Won't be tuning in again (though will still keep an eye on this forum as it's gas and some of the contributors are gifted).

On the up side, the dog will be delighted as he'll get a walk earlier in the evening now....and I'll get fitter..... and save on the ESB.....

You're right. I think the John Stape storylines brought Coronation Street to an all-time low. He only had to shake hands with somebody and he'd accidentally kill them. And then to top it all, he falls off a hospital roof and runs off into the night! His bones must be made of asbestos. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh for God's sake did Corrie really have to bring this storyline up again after the Eastenders one - couldn't they be a bit more original?!

Dont watch Eastenders so dont know when they did the story, but didnt Corri do a kidnap story a good few years back, when Kevin and Sally first broke up after Sally had an affair with was it some fellow called Joe, and Kevin was with another woman and had a child together which died as far as i remember. Didnt she try and kidnapp a child after her own died. I think Kevin's girl friend died herself shortly afterwards or was put away. Maybe i am thinking of some other soap.

You're right. I think the John Stape storylines brought Coronation Street to an all-time low. He only had to shake hands with somebody and he'd accidentally kill them. And then to top it all, he falls off a hospital roof and runs off into the night! His bones must be made of asbestos. :rolleyes:

Harry-you're one of the reasons I keep an eye on this forum......:D Gas!

Agree re the characters you have named. Hopefully the show will pick up soon however. Thank GOd for Emmerdale.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Dont watch Eastenders so dont know when they did the story, but didnt Corri do a kidnap story a good few years back, when Kevin and Sally first broke up after Sally had an affair with was it some fellow called Joe, and Kevin was with another woman and had a child together which died as far as i remember. Didnt she try and kidnapp a child after her own died. I think Kevin's girl friend died herself shortly afterwards or was put away. Maybe i am thinking of some other soap.

It was Kevin's wife Alison. Their son Jake died shortly after being born. Alison was always a bit loopy as her little sister had drowned when they were children and her parents blamed her for it. So when Jake died she cracked up completely and stole Bethany. Kevin managed to get Bethany back off her but she ran out in front of a lorry, either on purpose or she didn't notice it in her breakdown, and died. (That was the first of Bethany's three kidnappings.:rolleyes:)

I always think it's a bit weird for Kevin that his new son is called Jack, which is so similar to the name of his dead son.

iguana wrote: »
    I always think it's a bit weird for Kevin that his new son is called Jack, which is so similar to the name of his dead son.

I have a feeling that Corrie characters get their memories wiped every year. Otherwise, surely Fizz would know that the detective who's currently questioning her for murder was in fact a college lecturer who used to go out with Toyah and then cheated on her with Maria, while they were all sharing a flat together??

It was Kevin's wife Alison. Their son Jake died shortly after being born. Alison was always a bit loopy as her little sister had drowned when they were children and her parents blamed her for it. So when Jake died she cracked up completely and stole Bethany. Kevin managed to get Bethany back off her but she ran out in front of a lorry, either on purpose or she didn't notice it in her breakdown, and died. (That was the first of Bethany's three kidnappings.:rolleyes:)

Maybe but it was Molly and Tyrone that picked the name, not Kevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Anybody know how Izzie ended up in a wheelchair? I've been wondering for awhile. I know Gary does be worried about her when shes sick-does she have some condition?

David's epilepsey seems to have disappeared. I thought it was
    a storyline they could have really expanded on and highlighted the changes it can cause n people's lives- but he seems to drink and party like he did before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

I think the Summer months are traditionally poor - they need to keep a few stories simmering until they can end on a punch up in the Rovers on Christmas day.
    Have to agree that a lot of the story lines are poor - Audrey & Marc - which one is the transvestite again? The likelihood of Aud-reh Parker-Bowles being totally cool with the chinned wonder bringin her out in his dress is daft.

I am glad that we are not party to Fiz in prison as much as I thought we would - pitiful. Mmmm, I have to act scared....what shall I do? Allow my eyes to dart needlessly about as though I'm trying to locate a wayward fly that's buzzing around the cell. Well I suppose she can't have a handbag so back to acting 101 for her.

As for Kevin's recent discover that his mon-eh, twenny grrrrrrrand, has been siphoned off by Soph-eh. He's squatting his way back into Sally 'I'm sick of being married to a back-street mechanic ' Webster's heart. Rosie seems to be AWOL - no doubt covering herself in glory in Nutz magazine both on and off screen. Ah, how life mimics art.

Eoin - I really am at a loss as to what we are supposed to think of him - isn't he a pri*k? Run for your life Anna. Who knew Eddie Windass was a viable option in the love stakes? He always reminded me of a long-haired Tyrannosaurus Rex with the elbows constantly at chest level & the limp wrists.

Dev - just keep doin what you're doin man.

optogirl wrote: »
    I think the Summer months are traditionally poor - they need to keep a few stories simmering until they can end on a punch up in the Rovers on Christmas day.
    Have to agree that a lot of the story lines are poor - Audrey & Marc - which one is the transvestite again? The likelihood of Aud-reh Parker-Bowles being totally cool with the chinned wonder bringin her out in his dress is daft.

I am glad that we are not party to Fiz in prison as much as I thought we would - pitiful. Mmmm, I have to act scared....what shall I do? Allow my eyes to dart needlessly about as though I'm trying to locate a wayward fly that's buzzing around the cell. Well I suppose she can't have a handbag so back to acting 101 for her.

As for Kevin's recent discover that his mon-eh, twenny grrrrrrrand, has been siphoned off by Soph-eh. He's squatting his way back into Sally 'I'm sick of being married to a back-street mechanic ' Webster's heart. Rosie seems to be AWOL - no doubt covering herself in glory in Nutz magazine both on and off screen. Ah, how life mimics art.

Eoin - I really am at a loss as to what we are supposed to think of him - isn't he a pri*k? Run for your life Anna. Who knew Eddie Windass was a viable option in the love stakes? He always reminded me of a long-haired Tyrannosaurus Rex with the elbows constantly at chest level & the limp wrists.

Dev - just keep doin what you're doin man.

Love it optogirl- you can't beat a bit of intelligent wit...if only the Corrie writers read boards.
    Should have added Sowfeh to my list of bad actors..as for her diction! Subtitles please.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Maybe but it was Molly and Tyrone that picked the name, not Kevin.

I know but it must still be really weird for him.
    Anybody know how Izzie ended up in a wheelchair? I've been wondering for awhile. I know Gary does be worried about her when shes sick-does she have some condition?

I think she has Ehlers–Danlos syndrome, the same as the actress. It's a genetic mutation that distorts her collagen production. It's like her joints don't work properly and are too mobile. She probably can twist her fingers back all the way in the wrong direction for example and her bones are very brittle. So it means that she's extremely vulnerable, not only to joint and bone problems but her internal organs are also compromised and she is likely to have a heart and chest problems, so any infection or bumped limb needs to be treated carefully.

Afaik, if this was real life Katie would probably be recommended for genetic testing in case she is a carrier for the mutation. And as she probably hasn't had testing there should be questions hanging over her baby's health now, as there is a small risk that her children could have it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

]
    Afaik, if this was real life Katie would probably be recommended for genetic testing in case she is a carrier for the mutation. And as she probably hasn't had testing there should be questions hanging over her baby's health now, as there is a small risk that her children could have it too.

Npw THAT would be a good storyline. Teenage parents dealing with a disabled child.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Grrr, I HATE Gary! He's just like Owen! I wish they'd both just leave! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

i can see Sean getting punched now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

At last, a story line I like.

The aactors that play Izzy and Gary are both excellent and I think the way they are scripting Gary's control issues is good.

By all account he's gonna sabotage her chair and she will be effectively under house arrest. Interesting to see how this one will unfold.

the audrey & marc/marcia storyline is really stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I'm disappointed that they faded the scene before Marc slipped on his negligee. :eek:

Oliverdog wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that they faded the scene before Marc slipped on his negligee. :eek:
    stop, i'll bring my dinner up :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

casio4 wrote: »
    the audrey & marc/marcia storyline is really stupid

Yes the Audrey/Marc/Marcia story is stupid, but I like the Audrey/Marc story. I've no idea why the Corrie writers tried to write something as niche as a cross dresser into the soap. I think its great that they are dealing with a love relationship between two elderly people instead of some mega fit and hunky 20-something year olds but I think they downgraded it a bit with this silly twist on it.

bijapos wrote: »
    Yes the Audrey/Marc/Marcia story is stupid, but I like the Audrey/Marc story. I've no idea why the Corrie writers tried to write something as niche as a cross dresser into the soap. I think its great that they are dealing with a love relationship between two elderly people instead of some mega fit and hunky 20-something year olds but I think they downgraded it a bit with this silly twist on it.

Does Norris know Marc. I cant wait for him to bump into Marcia someplace. Should be classic Corri.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

the make up people were going a bit over board this week with leanne, izzy,and ken..all bruised over. glad that kens granson is gone, lousey actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Norris know Marc. I cant wait for him to bump into Marcia someplace. Should be classic Corri.

Norris might take a shine to Marcia :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Norris might take a shine to Marcia :p

That would be classic Corri if he did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Two quickies - Where's Sally's fella gone to? And has he taken Kevin's baby with him?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement