Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Good stuff, thanks man. Will throw on the thief's ring, used it for a while but didn't notice being able to sneak up on anyone. Never came across the blacksmith, must look him up.

Are you in human or soul form?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Are you in human or soul form?

Jaysus, always in soul form :( human form is a short lived celebration.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Always leave 5 until last. It's a pain to get through and the souls you get from it are pitance.

I still have PTSD from 5-2. Such a frustrating level.
    Jaysus, always in soul form :( human form is a short lived celebration.

Are you suiciding in the Nexus or dying in the levels? Dying in the level pushes you towards black WT and buffs up the enemies.

I still have PTSD from 5-2. Such a frustrating level.

Are you suiciding in the Nexus or dying in the levels? Dying in the level pushes you towards black WT and buffs up the enemies.

Just regular old dying in the levels.

Just regular old dying in the levels.

Dying in Soul form in the levels is grand. Dying in human form in the levels makes that worlds (and only that world but in its entirety 2-1 to 2-3 for example) tendency darker. This means harder enemies and even new black phantom enemies. To keep the world neutral people used to suicide in the Nexus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Heres a mystery.

I remember playing this game. but I dont have a PS3 and never had one.

Sick of latria, have the skeletons another go and turns out i can now kill them in a 1 stamina bar combo, they are my bitches. Adjudicator is a strange one though. I dropped to ground level, did really strong damage in just a few hits where he is bleeding and then breaking my sword off his belly. 2nd go, i knew to keep targeting his wound and my hits were causing bleeding but no damage was being done. Any idea what was happening there? Determined to finish him off before trying somewhere else and YouTube gave me a delicious shortcut to him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hit box is weird but pretty sure you've got to hit the sword sticking out of the wound rather than the wound itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I really want to play this again but i don't have a PS3 anymore :(

Watching bits of this speed run (don't have time to watch it all at the moment) and it's incredible. He drops straight down to the adjudicator, hits him once in the belly and then once in the head to kill him, absolute ****ery.

• Advertisement

Making good progress in this with all 1's complete and a handful of 2's. Killed the red dragon and collected the loot although i don't like that the blue dragon is now gone. On the offchance, i checked the first gate in 1-1 and it is now open. Killed the npc and got a ton of loot, interesting to see what i can use from it.

Only disappointing thing for me at the moment is I'm still using the crescent falchion. I've tried other heavy weapons but they don't do a patch of the damage the falcion does. Also noticed my damage hasn't increased since the last few levels in strength so will focus on dexterity now in hopes of using the ugi maybe.

Any tips on using a specific strength/dex weapon? Or should i get darkstone shards to upgrade falcion? I haven't put anything into magic so not sure if I'm getting the best out of that weapon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Making good progress in this with all 1's complete and a handful of 2's. Killed the red dragon and collected the loot although i don't like that the blue dragon is now gone. On the offchance, i checked the first gate in 1-1 and it is now open. Killed the npc and got a ton of loot, interesting to see what i can use from it.

Only disappointing thing for me at the moment is I'm still using the crescent falchion. I've tried other heavy weapons but they don't do a patch of the damage the falcion does. Also noticed my damage hasn't increased since the last few levels in strength so will focus on dexterity now in hopes of using the ugi maybe.

Any tips on using a specific strength/dex weapon? Or should i get darkstone shards to upgrade falcion? I haven't put anything into magic so not sure if I'm getting the best out of that weapon.

Depends what weapons you are comfortable with but for a first time sword and board I'd recommend focusing on dex and dex scaling weapons

Depends what weapons you are comfortable with but for a first time sword and board I'd recommend focusing on dex and dex scaling weapons

I love a good strength build using 1 handed sword and great shield. I forfeit heavy armour to keep the fast roll. Just need to find a weapon that i can spend a ton on upgrading it with the confidence i can replace the falcion with.

My next route is 2-2 and i read you can get a dragon long sword +1 there that is close to the crescent falcion that has fire over magic damage which i really like the sound of. Will give the route a go first an l and see how i get on.

Fumbled my way through 2-2, found the dragon sword, fought a red npc and saved a white npc and somehow found the boss, killed him first go. I feel like i missed a lot in that level but i don't want to go back anytime soon.

Finally decided to try valley of defilement. Man that place absolutely sucks! Gonna look up a speed run guide for there. At least my new dragon sword is class.

Flamelurker can be a pain. Well done on the first try kill.

You should play 2-3. The -3 levels other than boleraria are just a boss and some can be gimmick bosses.

The problem with valley of defilement is there are so many ways through it and so much loot and most of it is in that poxy swamp.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Jebus, I'm going to have to boot this one up again...
    And I was so bad at it the first time

Flamelurker can be a pain. Well done on the first try kill.

You should play 2-3. The -3 levels other than boleraria are just a boss and some can be gimmick bosses.

The problem with valley of defilement is there are so many ways through it and so much loot and most of it is in that poxy swamp.

I almost fell for the old Souls trap where he had a sliver of health left so i got over eager and very nearly killed. The purple shield, flame resistance ring and crescent falcion really helped.

I love castle levels but the poisonous swamps are just not fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Jebus, I'm going to have to boot this one up again...
    And I was so bad at it the first time

I'm waiting for the rumoured remaster due out with PS5.

I almost fell for the old Souls trap where he had a sliver of health left so i got over eager and very nearly killed. The purple shield, flame resistance ring and crescent falcion really helped.

I love castle levels but the poisonous swamps are just not fun.

Valley of defilement might be a nasty nasty level but the boss is just an amazing narrative gut punch.

Just like to remind the posters that gave out to me for saying demons souls had a better narrative than most games that year that I'm on the right side of history as always 😛

• Advertisement

Ha 2-3 was handy :) tempted to go back to boletaria as i just love the castle levels but I'm currently on 3-1, 4-2 and 5-1. Leaving 5 for a while, 4-2 is a **** with the narrow walkway, multiple skeletons and fling sting rays so I'm heading through Latria currently. I don't have full magic protection so it's a pain but i turned brightness all the way up to make it a bit more tolerable.

Looking forward to getting back to boletaria though.

3-1 finally ****ing done, Jesus Christ! Boss took me 2 goes but the level took a lot more. My magic defense is ****e.

Please tell me 3-2 isn't as bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Just remembered i have this on me ps3 and have never played it, despite going through any souls/soulslike game out there,what are builds like in this game?can i just do a 40/40 quality build or what?

3-1 finally ****ing done, Jesus Christ! Boss took me 2 goes but the level took a lot more. My magic defense is ****e.

Please tell me 3-2 isn't as bad...

It's worse and the boss is a total whore to do legit. Good luck.

It's worse and the boss is a total whore to do legit. Good luck.

Indeed. Hardest Boss in the game for me and don't think I've beaten it "legit" *. 3-2 is probably my favourite level in the game though.

Indeed. Hardest Boss in the game for me and don't think I've beaten it "legit" *. 3-2 is probably my favourite level in the game though.

Ha, you're such a scrub. I've always beaten it legit..... does summoning co-op help count as legit???

Level is actually great. I don't mind the gargoyles and i freed a young buck who promised to help me. Made it to the depths and those creepy looking man crawlers before finishing up.

Hoping the boss turns out to be the thing I'm trying to cut down, he looks class. If co-op is needed though, I'm screwed.

It's more than doable solo, just can be a bit frustrating because of the layout there. It's probably a lot easier if you are used to later souls games as it's a boss that's been aped by them. It's a fantastic level.

Unfortunately 3-3 boss will be a neutered for you with the lack of online but you should read up on how inventive it is once you're done with it.

Ha, you're such a scrub. I've always beaten it legit..... does summoning co-op help count as legit???
    Poison arrows through the fog. I regret nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just announced on the PS5 event.

Have at it.

Advertisement