Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Was a launch date mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was a launch date mentioned?

Nope. Not that I saw anyway. Will grab the trailer once I find it on YouTube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Praise the Sun

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Praise the Sun

Umbasa

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Shuhei Yoshida - 'Here is a game very close to my heart'

**** you Yoshida.

You said it was garbage at Tokyo Game Show, said it would sell 10-20K copies only and refused it a Western release.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Didn't play the original, so very excited to get the chance to now. Bluepoint <3

• Registered Users Posts: 29,490 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like I'm not gonna finish my ps3 playthrough, gonna hold out for the ps5 version now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Shuhei Yoshida - 'Here is a game very close to my heart'

**** you Yoshida.

You said it was garbage at Tokyo Game Show, said it would sell 10-20K copies only and refused it a Western release.

Opinions can change, man. It's been 10 years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

All the git gud fan boys are happy tonight with this news :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the rumoured remaster due out with PS5.

11 years after Demon's Souls release, the best game ever made(imo) is being remade and coming to PS5(not sure if it's a full exclusive or not).

It will be my third platinum for this game. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Exclusive to PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 26,229 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I hope the world tendency thing is changed a little for Quality of Life.

(At the very ****ing least let it be clear which shade.of white and dark we are on!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

All the git gud fan boys are happy tonight with this news :pac:

A lot of those git gud fanboys started that trend from playing Dark Souls, and never touched Demon's Souls.

I played it for a small portion, but didn't have the head for it at the time. Would gladly play it again with this remake.

I still have my beloved Dark Souls Trilogy sitting on the shelf, barely touched. I have never even played DS2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I haven't played it so looking forward to it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Threads merged. No point having two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Looking forward to this... been wanting a Dark Souls game. :D

11 years after Demon's Souls release, the best game ever made(imo) is being remade and coming to PS5(not sure if it's a full exclusive or not).

It will be my third platinum for this game. :pac:

Really . You think it's better than Dark Souls ?

How does the difficulty compare to Dark Souls?

Anyone hazard a guess for its release date . I think it will come out with the ps5 itself

• Advertisement

What's everyone's thoughts on the art style? I was delighted when I heard that tune and I saw the opening cut scene play out again but after watching the trailer again I'm not sure how to feel. It looks gorgeous but my worry is that it will remove the atmosphere of the original which is unsurpassed in the games that followed.

Really . You think it's better than Dark Souls ?

Not even close.

Bloodbourne is better than Dark Souls too.

How does the difficulty compare to Dark Souls?

About the same with more uneven difficulty spikes.

Not even close.

Bloodbourne is better than Dark Souls too.

Careful now.

Nothing is better than Dark Souls.

noodler wrote: »
    Careful now.

Nothing is better than Dark Souls.

Except DS and BB. :pac:

I'm looking forward to this.

I struggled through DeS back in the day but alot of the levels outside the first archstone left me a bit underwhelmed.

(Upgrade material farming was so RNG-ey)

Hogwash! DeS and BB cant even hit 60 FPS! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A lot of Demon’s Souls saw the formula arrive fully-formed, but remember being blown away by how Dark Souls refined and perfected so much of what was already so good about its predecessor. And I’ll always prefer the interconnected layout of the latter to the 1-3s and 3-4s (two random picks) of the former. But DeS is still a revolutionary game, and only falls down my list of From games due to the exceptional heights of what followed.

Bloodborne is still the best though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

If the threads have been merged, can we please bear in mind that some of us didn't play the original?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    If the threads have been merged, can we please bear in mind that some of us didn't play the original?

Dont think theres much to worry about spoiler wise in games like these :pac:

Advertisement