Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys deface Irish flag

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 老大

Sorry OP..

I didnt really get past page 13...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I have to laugh somethings at the things people get angry about. And other times I'd feel like getting a big stick out, beating the person whilst shouting "Shut the fcuk up ya muppet, GRRRRRRRRRR".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

The brother works in a paper up these parts,they all thought it was a joke when they seen it first.They had to ring Currys to make sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

I think we shud be talking about the picture on page 13 tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Hagar wrote: »
    Genesis 25:31

Not interested in anything Phil Collins has to say on the matter TBH mate... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

obriend wrote: »
    Hi,

Did anyone see Currys disgraceful add in Metro this morning. Page 15 to 17 is an add for currys but they put an English flag in the Irish colours. This has to be some sort of crime against the history of Ireland and its people as they outright deface our flag in a well populated paper. I for one will never buy from curry’s. :mad: Below is the link, if it asks for an e-mail address just enter any letters and it will let you in.

http://img.e-metro.ie/e-edition-ie/A17fo7/Metroire20090430/resources/index.htm?referrerUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.e-metro.ie%2Fe-metro-ie

What did the police Gardai have to say about it? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

anyone post a pic of the flag. The link in original post wont work on me phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Koloman

muletide wrote: »
    Orange
    Orange
    Orange

Not yellow or gold

+1

It's irritating when people get the orange colour of our flag wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 noblankski

mmm, the whole vat thing is not genuine for starts, you are still paying irish vat, and they'll get you somewhere else to make their money back,so don't anyone go thinking any retail business is trying to do you a favour. It's all about getting as much profit out of you as possible, not looking out for your best interests, anyone thinks otherwise is just fooling themselves. Yes, UK businesses completly minted it here during the celtic brick laying tiger, now they are not, gone the opposite almost. an example of what shops do to us .. . Every noticed in a supermarket for example, get a 500ml bottle of X for €2, buy two for €3 offer(2nd half price, Duh, lol). ... more maths, that makes 1000ml for €3. go further away from the offer endcap and down the aisle and you'll see a €1000ml bottle of X for €2.20 , 80cent less for same volume, suppose that down to the 2nd cap on d bottle or extra wear and tear on forklifts carrying bigger pallets or some completly plausible reason. check this particularly in supermarkets. there is no free lunch when shopping, no controls on prices, just watch yourself is all you can do. Mostly I'm personally dissappointed with the discounter supermarkets, steadly upped their prices on the basics since they moved in, almost not worth going in there any more, and you'll end up coming out with some crap you hadn't intended buying in the first place(unless u watch uself)... of course, thats their big margin money made then. sorry about lenght. just a mad ranting gom here, ta, bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

noblankski wrote: »
    Yes, UK businesses completly minted it here during the celtic brick laying tiger,

And Irish firms didn't :confused:

• Advertisement

oh aye, i'm a bit dissapointed people don't have more self respect for themselves or their countries national flags. surely some things can be kept sacred? not asking for much. we pretty not got no church any more,,,, bit of pride in each countries flags, emblems etc be nice in the world.... skum bags running the country, running businesses, running churches, can we at least leave the flags as is? cos everything else has been corrupted. I know tis not the most serious thing ever, but as i say, can we have just one thing to have a bit of pride in, cos there's not much left now only maybe seeing the flag flying as the Irish rugby team/soccer/athlethes or whatever going out to compete for the jersey/colours. . . .as a completed flipside from that, quote from someone else to me today after seeing it .. "they gonna change the name of our national anthem to Armhrain na Queen" lol, sorry bout typos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

seanybiker wrote: »
    anyone post a pic of the flag. The link in original post wont work on me phone

http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flage.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I can't believe the OP's reasoning... Seriously... :confused:

When I read thread title I thought, Irish flag defaced... big whoop.

But then to see what it actually was... If anybody should be outraged (nobody tbh), it's the loyalists.

OPENROAD wrote: »

aye, but uk firms even more so. currency rates, buying at uk prices, selling at markup "irish" prices. we could have been getting a lot cheaper prices for years, but we were willing to pay it. UK companies for years Have made more money from the republic than the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Soby wrote: »
    thanks a million bud. Been looking for a tri colour union jack for ages for the laugh.

OPENROAD wrote: »

just bugs me that joe bloggs on the street might think they are being done a favour, they are not, you will be taken for a ride where possible, and you were for years(by all companies, but even more so UK firms) Profit is all that matters, customer doesn't , would like to see a company that works the other way, or even a health system, lol, i'm gone mad there with that one, customer based health system, ROFL.

so whats with the girls, they cousins? seem the be getting all wet fairly rapid ther like while giving eachother a nice hug, seem fairly happy bout that, and that make me happy, , what would irish page 3 look like , caroline morahan and grainie seioge(spell s not good) in the nude, topless, mmmm, together, mmmm, i like brunettes, i like blonds too, don't worry girls, share the love , mmmm, do i get banned for this? mmm, naughty boy, mmmm, what would caroline do to punish me, mmmm, think whatever Graine (feic how u spell it) would do would be too boring. though, Caroline though, mmmm, i'd say she knows how2 mix it up, mmmmmmmm. jasus, page 3 ireland sounds gr8tastic. what paper is it in ? ?? ya get a nice story with da pic

whats that about, poor familys that decided to have kids and piss being completly taken outta them. classy mofos in this country. and we supposed to have been such a family orientated country, Caroline asked me for a baby once, i sent her to madonna, she'd sort her out, either with a flown in one or madonna do the business herself, she more of a man than me any day, she'd beat d crap outta lot of fellas i know with them lats, biceps, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭clearz

Hi,

Did anyone see Currys disgraceful add in Metro this morning. Page 15 to 17 is an add for currys but they put an English flag in the Irish colours. This has to be some sort of crime against the history of Ireland and its people as they outright deface our flag in a well populated paper. I for one will never buy from curry’s. :mad: Below is the link, if it asks for an e-mail address just enter any letters and it will let you in.

http://img.e-metro.ie/e-edition-ie/A17fo7/Metroire20090430/resources/index.htm?referrerUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.e-metro.ie%2Fe-metro-ie

Quick everybody grab your pick axes and shovels we shall drive this evil currys from our land. How dare they deface mohamm... I mean flag. Seriously obriend you'll not get any friends on this site with posts like that. I mean this site leans so far to the left you need to spend an hour on stormfront after being here just to re-center your brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Debunker

Flag seems kind of snazzy, would be a great flag for the north no doubt.
    noblankski wrote: »
    so whats with the girls, they cousins? seem the be getting all...

What the #@%#?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

THe folk at pulseresources.org were going nuts about this when Patrick Kielty used that exact flag

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7641895.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

It's a cute idea. Striking visual.

Just a flag, it's only meaning is as a symbol for something else. There's no point getting your knickers in a twist about it unless maybe it's meant to offend, which this clearly isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Koloman

seanybiker wrote: »
    thanks a million bud. Been looking for a tri colour union jack for ages for the laugh.

Maybe it could become the New Northern Ireland flag! It has a bit of everything in it to keep them all happy!

Although some people in this forum might prefer it as our flag for when we rejoin the UK as some people seemingly want us to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

dmigsy wrote: »
    The Ivory Coast is furious:pac:

If you mean Côte d'Ivoire then yea, they are now that you mis-named their country....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Anyone ever been up in the London Eye?

If you look towards the bridge coming from victoria station there, down in the park on the same side as the eye and the museum there is a flag which is a union jack in those colours, I dunno what it's for but my guess was either its the flag of the greater london area of of the city of westminster?

Still though, was bad taste by Currys and I'm sure the OP wasn't the only person annoyed by it, I was annoyed by it tbh.

portomar wrote: »
    If you mean Côte d'Ivoire then yea, they are now that you mis-named their country....

Well then so are Germany, Denmark, Belgium, France, Italy, Albania, Slovinia, Russia, Serbia, Croatia and countless other countries everytime you use the english name to identify them.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Well then so are Germany, Denmark, Belgium, France, Italy, Albania, Slovinia, Russia, Serbia, Croatia and countless other countries everytime you use the english name to identify them.

not the same, unless you can give me an example of the governments of those countries requesting it be called by its primary language name

Seaneh wrote: »

Actually reminds me of watching a czech republic game last world cup, all the fans are chanting ''chescki! chescki!'' (spelling very incorrect!) and idiot commentator-extraordinaire Geroge Hamilton, honest to Christ goes ''strange that the Czechs have their own name for the country'' *facepalm*

portomar wrote: »
    not the same, unless you can give me an example of the governments of those countries requesting it be called by its primary language name

Where have you given such an example?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Hi,

seen that design YEARS ago. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement