Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approaching girl in pub/club

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

aids tastes like strawberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

myk wrote: »
    I haven't been single in three years, but I have no problem buying people drinks.

What has not being single got to do with anything? Of course I'd buy a drink for a lass if I was on a date/going out with them, but never would I buy a drink for someone I just met / chatting up.

If they buy me a drink first then I'd follow suit as it's a round but that would be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭myk

Naos wrote: »
    What has not being single got to do with anything? .

it was in response to the poster who suggested I was desperate!

Naos wrote: »
    Of course I'd buy a drink for a lass if I was on a date/going out with them, but never would I buy a drink for someone I just met / chatting up.

If they buy me a drink first then I'd follow suit as it's a round but that would be it.

I've regularly bought drinks for people I've just met, if they are friends of friends or I get talking to them and they seem interesting etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

That was me who said the desperate thing.

Well, each to his own. From my point of view, you and how many other lads may have bought this young lass a drink?

Also: Friends of friends are different. The OP was asking about approaching a girl in a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

How about:

"would you like a game of soldiers... I will lie down and you can blow the hell out of me!"

warning: this may result in a drink being poured over you.

I always liked this t-shirt

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/yhst-29210190611743_2048_13665822

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

If you play ur cards right you can have me !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lynchpin

Go up and ask her if she likes surprises.

If she says yes then get her to close her eyes and plant a kiss* on her lips.
    If she says no then proceed to plant a kiss* on her lips at which stage she will probably pull back.
    Then you can say "I thought you didn't like surprises!!" and exit stage left.

kiss* can be replaced with a punch or a headbutt depending on her initial answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Tell her shes blocking your view of a prettier girl :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I used to get chatting to wimmen out in the smoking area in pubs and clubs,offer them a light is handy!though the last time i tried talking to one i nicely commented on her green hair (it was mank but she was cute so,meh,it balanced out!) She looked at me and promptly left...............at this point i concluded she was a lezzer......or a bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I made a bet with myself you would be hot after i had ten beers.....i won

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Okay try these as they have worked for me on a few occasions.

"Sorry, listen, me and my mate here are yaking about hollywood actors, right so if you were to vote for your favour female and male actor/actress who would you pick?"

"Sorry, myself and some friends were looking for fab places to go for the hols, we really need recommendations!"

"Have you ever noticed in here how the women are always soo much better dancers than the men"

At christmas time, women in red dress: "Wow someone is looking very festive tonight"

If you get a few dodgy looks, drive on. If theres genuine interest, this kind of yarn usually works. But its not always a sure fire bet. Its all about not giving a sh!t, and not caring when you get blanked. I need to be like this, as it happens quite a bit! But every once in a while, things kick off. At the end of the day you have to look confident, without being cocky. Be energetic & have good conversation. Looking like a nervous sleezeball wont help.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

galwayrush wrote: »
    Not falling on them or puking all over them is a good start.;)

all i had to do to pull this german bird last night was spill a drink on her leather cacks. she had me wipe it off. it escalated from there. true story. best. thursday.ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    "Sorry, myself and some friends were looking for fab places to go for the hols, we really need recommendations!"

If you use 'fab' and 'hols' in the same sentence the likelyhood of her thinking you're hetrosexual is microscopic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

what to say:

" so... how much are you then "

simple and effective, said in a funny - not too funny manner if she laughs thats the ice broken... if not, run forest run !

7/10 success rate... still higher then the OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

Tell her shes blocking your view of a prettier girl

lol you'd be fcked if there is a fat spotty man behind her.

unless you'r into that sort of thing :O
    im not here to judge....

avoid one liners like,

*i lost my number, can i have yours?*
    or
    *of all the good looking women in here, you're the only one i could get with*
    and
    *i brought my car, wanne go check out the back seat?*

just try and open a geniune conversation like,

*are you from around?*
    *what brought you here?*
    simple, short, and not to straight forward.

and dont stay around for too long, (you might come across as pushy and desperate) go some place else and if you run into her/him later on buy them a drink or so and carry on the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

- Let's not turnt his rape into a murder.

- Tonight you be maddie and I'll be kate!

- Just be careful of swine flu cos I got a lot of pork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Just walk straight up to her, look straight at her chest while salivating slightly.... then go: "So, are ya doin the gee or wha'?"

Advertisement