Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approaching girl in pub/club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Just heard on good one on the new episode of Fringe
    Spoilered for the fans
    And I thought I was the best looking person in here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Make eye contact with her, approach, & say in a calm & authorative voice.
    'Get your coat on, you've pulled';)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tinchy

eye contact but dont stare! you'll know by the way she reacts if shes interested or not. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

"Get your coat,I have a knife"

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Zigmund

"Hi, my name's Rape. Remember it now, you'll be screaming it later."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Make eye contact with her, approach, & say in a calm & authorative voice.
    'Get your coat on, you've pulled';)

Or....."give me your clothes,your boots and your motorcycle"

'How would ye like to buried with my people' is a good 'un too!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

'How would ye like to buried with my people' is a good 'un too!:D:D:D

That probably depends on if you'r giving her the vibes that it will happen within the next 12 - 18 hours or in 50 years time.

I find if you do it with a smile - the latter is the impression she will get

"Are ya dancin'? I've Wheels!!!!":D

Said to Mrs Whosbetter? many moons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

If I flip a coin, what are the chances of me getting head?

/followed by a loud "giggidy giggidy goo".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Fizman wrote: »
    If I flip a coin, what are the chances of me getting head?

/followed by a loud "giggidy giggidy goo".

Ive heard pretty much everything here before, but this one made me laugh out loud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Just go up to her go "sooooo, your place or mine?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Stop stealing jokes for thanks!

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭chosen1

ask her if she would like to dance.
    If the answer is no or she starts getting ratty with you tell her she didnt hear you correctly. It was meant to be
    "you look fat in those pants!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Say "I love dancing. wanna dance with me?" <insert cheesey smile>

I loves tah dance. would work for me anywho .>.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Ok for once in my life I'm gonna be serious...

"Hi there, you're looking well", "I noticed you checking me out"-SMILE

"I'm out with friends tonight and have to get back to them, but how about we swap numbers and I'll give you a shout for a coffee or a drink?"

Take her number and walk away.:)

Ring her the next day or so and ask her out.

WIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

Dont mind the other replies other person. None were funny. Just nerds trying to be witty. Eh fail..

Anyway if you're inside the club i'd give a bit of eye contact in her direction. Once, to her eyes. Anymore its creepy (well imo). Approach her and ask her does she want a drink. Then just start askin her bout herself. 'So are u from Dublin/Laois/Donegal(your current location) yourself?'...thats a good starter. Ask her if she's in college or working or somethin..go into spiel how college was great craic for you or you could never hack it. Insert funny story. Just go with the flow really!!!
    If you're in the smoking area. Ask does she have a light..start convo as above :)
    Just be relaxed dont make it obvious you're trying to get in her pants. At end of night if you're getting on be like hey, you're cool can i have your number. Play it cool is the key.
    From a girl ;)

TheZohan wrote: »
    Ok for once in my life I'm gonna be serious...

"Hi there, you're looking well", "I noticed you checking me out"-SMILE

"I'm out with friends tonight and have to get back to them, but how about we swap numbers and I'll give you a shout for a coffee or a drink?"

Take her number and walk away.:)

Ring her the next day or so and ask her out.

WIN.

Ask her out there and then and save yourself the price of the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

naasface wrote: »
    From a girl
    Im callin shenanigans. There are no girls on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

snyper wrote: »
    Ask her out there and then and save yourself the price of the call.

Cheap-skate. I suppose this is what she'll get come Valentines day...

http://www.guy-sports.com/fun_pictures/tesco_valentines_card_sm.jpg

• Advertisement

Dont mind the other replies other person. None were funny. Just nerds trying to be witty. Eh fail..

Anyway if you're inside the club i'd give a bit of eye contact in her direction. Once, to her eyes. Anymore its creepy (well imo). Approach her and ask her does she want a drink. Then just start askin her bout herself. 'So are u from Dublin/Laois/Donegal(your current location) yourself?'...thats a good starter. Ask her if she's in college or working or somethin..go into spiel how college was great craic for you or you could never hack it.;)

You must not get chatted up often, because being asked the same scripted questions 20 times a night would make anyone sick of going out.
    Im suprised you didnt add "Do you come here often?" to that list

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Have you seen my Puppy?
    Will you help me look for him? I think he went across the road into that sleazy motel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Hi,

Can anyone give me a few pointers on what to say?

I'm not one for cheesy chat-up lines but don't have a clue what to say other than very simple small-talk. And it's very hard to crack a joke with someone you don't even know.

What do most people do? Genuine pointers would be appreciated! Thanks!

Man up there chief. It's not important what you say really. Just say hey, how are you? and introduce yourself unapologetically.

And WHAT made you think an AH would know anything about talking to girls in clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Hello, what chat up line usually works on you?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Christ, whatever happened to just saying the first thing that comes to mind? People dont want to be interviewed, they're out to enjoy themselves. Asking 20 questions about where they come from, where they went to college etc is a little boring......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    Hello, what chat up line usually works on you?

I like it.

You will do for tonight only, can't be arsed looking around tbph. Im so telling yore mates you FAILED, and I'm telling mine you barely have a penis.

XOXOXXO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

"Would you like to see my rare stamp collection?"

A winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Anyway if you're inside the club i'd give a bit of eye contact in her direction. Once, to her eyes. Anymore its creepy (well imo). Approach her and ask her does she want a drink. Then just start askin her bout herself. 'So are u from Dublin/Laois/Donegal(your current location) yourself?'...thats a good starter. Ask her if she's in college or working or somethin..go into spiel how college was great craic for you or you could never hack it. Insert funny story. Just go with the flow really!!!
    If you're in the smoking area. Ask does she have a light..start convo as above :)
    Just be relaxed dont make it obvious you're trying to get in her pants. At end of night if you're getting on be like hey, you're cool can i have your number. Play it cool is the key.
    From a girl ;)

Gah. Your first line was great regarding internet nerds and so forth but you failed with the rest.

@OP: Look it's very simple. The girl you are approaching has had the same crap said to her 10+ times that night, "You look really nice" or "Where are you from" type thing.

The easiest way forward is a nice insult - nothing harsh like slagging her appearance as a woman will spend a lot of time getting ready - but something she can 'improve' on immediately, make her 'prove you wrong'.

You want her to think "Hang on, every guy left, right and centre in this place is hitting on me, why is this guy not?"

It's all about the chase. Be authoritive, yet relaxed enough that she is chasing you and every now again say something nice to give a 'glimmer of hope' to her so she know's she's on the 'right track'.

This may sound insensitive of me but I'm trying to describe it as animalistic as possible because at the end of the day, that is what attraction is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

alrite fat moth

lets get outa here and get some food

I know you hungry

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

"Look, you're ugly, and I'm desperate, waddya say?"

Advertisement