Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

EV is coming to euroland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

david75 wrote: »
    EV is coming to euroland :)

Please elaborate??

Eddie vedder
    The auditorium
    Rome Italy
    27 July 2012

other shows closer to home too it seems.

also big tour announcement on monday...

http://grungereport.net/?p=9910

Eddie Vedder is confirmed to play in Jacksonville, Florida on May 8th at the Times Union Center Performance Arts Moran Theater according to Ticketmaster. This seems to indicate that Pearl Jam’s Ten Club announcement will be of an Eddie Vedder spring U.S. tour focusing on the south.

I'd jump at a Dublin date if it were EV or even full PJ. Else will hold on to my Manchester tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Hotel booked for Manchester,wont be long coming around now me thinks!!!!

• Advertisement

Hotel booked and tickets received for Manchester.
    Really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Hotel booked and tickets received for Manchester.
    Really looking forward to it.

Same as. Tix arrived Tuesday,booked the hotel last week too.....roll on June

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

Going to the first Manchester gig. Hotel booked.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Any of you making yer way over to the Eddie shows? Feckin' London during the Olympics - hotels are costing a fortune :rolleyes:

Eddie Vedder Europe
    25-Jul Amsterdam, The Netherlands Carre Theatre
    26-Jul Amsterdam, The Netherlands Carre Theatre
    28-Jul Manchester, England The Apollo
    30-Jul London, England Hammersmith Apollo
    3-Aug Zambujeira do Mar, Portugal Sudoeste Festival

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Great band. Can't believe I've never seen them live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

Hey, does anyone know if Pearl Jam will be putting out a new album this year. I thought I read that there will a load of leftovers from the last album that would see the light of day soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pete_mcs

Glen Hansard playing support to Eddie, whats the chance of a Irish Gig?

pete_mcs wrote: »
    Glen Hansard playing support to Eddie, whats the chance of a Irish Gig?

Highly unlikely at this stage but some here would know more than me :D I have my tickets for London and Manchester, and there are rumours/mailings of a 2nd London show, but there's nothing from 10c about that.

Also rumours of another SheBu/Astoria type PJ gig, as well as an appearance at Hard Rock Calling.

I'd say it's not impossible you'll see other EV dates added around europe, but close enough to the locations we know of. That second London date was always gonna happen i reckon. I can't go to any of them, ragin, but delighted he's made it over at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

So sad I dont have tickets for any of the pj gigs, I thought for sure going to sonisphere, download and lollapalooza they would play one of them and now I will miss them :( this makes me very very sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

What have they got against Ireland ? Do they not get enough money to come over to us on their way over to where they make their big bucks ??

A big F.U to their Irish fans in my opinion !!! :( We usually are the "getting over the jet-lag" gig before they play the barnstorming gigs in England and Europe, but now we are so poor they wont even do that !!!!!! :(

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

greenspurs wrote: »
    What have they got against Ireland ?
    I have wondered same here in Finland. PJ's only gig here ever was back 1993 when they supported Neil Young.. I wasn't there but reviews after gig told that they were so pissed that whole gig was ruined. I went to see them summer -92 in Turku but that gig was canceled (there was some problems related to Nirvana who was performing same festival). So my only PJ concert is their last Dublin gig two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

greenspurs wrote: »
    What have they got against Ireland ? Do they not get enough money to come over to us on their way over to where they make their big bucks ??

A big F.U to their Irish fans in my opinion !!! :( We usually are the "getting over the jet-lag" gig before they play the barnstorming gigs in England and Europe, but now we are so poor they wont even do that !!!!!! :(

Seriously???
    When have Pearl Jam ever done a bad gig in Ireland?
    You clearly arent a fan or you would understand that PJ always consider their fans. So they arent playing dublin this time.....get over it!

None of the recession countries are being played this year by Pj(and a lot of other bands)but i doubt it has anything to do with that. Them not plaing this year just fits the usual pattern of their touring in Europe. You don't want to overplay certain markets, particularly one like ours where insurance costs for a show drive the ticket price right up. it's insane money to insure the Pont for a show. it's almost cheaper to see them in a different country, better off doing that.

it's almost cheaper to see them in a different country

...except for any country they happen to be playing in this year :P I've had to downscale to just 4 shows :rolleyes: :pac:

• Advertisement

They played Dublin and Belfast last time, can't really complain that we're not on the agenda this time.
    Besides, it's easier for me to get to Manchester than it is Dublin so I'm just happy to be seeing them live this year.

this is the one I booked
    Copenhagen-Riga(Latvia?!?!)
    Riga-Dublin...5 hour stop over...€ 130 the lot

..like an idiot not knowing Malmo was a 35 minute drive from Copenhagen, where I could have gone
    Malmo-London Stanstead
    Stanstead- Dublin..1 hour stopover...whole thing, €50 w/Ryanair.

Booked em on a prepaid credit card and debating now whether or not to cancel the first one and book the second. How long will that take?

Ugh. I'm dreadful at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

this is the one I booked
    Copenhagen-Riga(Latvia?!?!)
    Riga-Dublin...5 hour stop over...€ 130 the lot

..like an idiot not knowing Malmo was a 35 minute drive from Copenhagen, where I could have gone
    Malmo-London Stanstead
    Stanstead- Dublin..1 hour stopover...whole thing, €50 w/Ryanair.

Booked em on a prepaid credit card and debating now whether or not to cancel the first one and book the second. How long will that take?

Ugh. I'm dreadful at this.

1hr stopover in Stansted is very tight, especially as you might come into one of the satellite piers on the inbound flight and have quite a bit of a trek to get to passport control (and you can expect big delays there coming up to the Olympics)

My advise is stick with your original plan.

There are later flights out from Stanstead at the same price though. Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

New and updated website back up, some nice features to it!

Any advice on whether I'd be permitted to take a DSLR (Nikon D40 with stock lens) into the Manchester gig?

Any advice on whether I'd be permitted to take a DSLR (Nikon D40 with stock lens) into the Manchester gig?

If it has a detachable lens or anything that appears detachable then its unlikely, general rule of thumb with the band is small point and shoot only. Also it depends on the venue to an extent, some places are stricter than others.
    Having said that a friend of mine did once sneak his dslr in with lens attached and got some cracking pics!

Fan club ticket email confirmations arrived last night, roll on next week, for once these shows have seemed to come around very quickly! Who else is going to some shows? Manchester might 1, Isle of Wight festival and both Amsterdam for me!

Manchester 1 and 2, Stockholm and Oslo for me :D

• Advertisement

Manchester 1&2, Oslo and Copenhagen for me..

Then EV&Glen in Amsterdam both nights and London both nights.

gonna be a great month.

Advertisement