Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Manchester night 1 for me :) managed to get a ticket, cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

This time tomorrow night folks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

I expect to see plenty of the same crew that were at Chris Cornell last week floating about in the airport tomorrow!!

Should be a great gig.

Any wishlists folks? In my tree and Red Mosquito, two tracks that sound amazing live. I can hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

Looking forward to the gig tomorrow :) My wishlist would be Oceans, Smile or Rats :) To anyone that's going tomorrow or Thursday, have a great one & enjoy the gigs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Bags for the next week packed and hitting the bed, flight at 1 o clock! Hope everyone has a great time whichever shows they may be going to!

• Advertisement

In Manchester,shower then some pre gig pints!!!

Got unexpected tix for tonight,happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 21,227 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The setlist for tonight:eek:

Last night was excellent really enjoyed it & for a first show of the tour the band where tight. Eddie's voice just gets beter & better with age :)
    Tonights setlist is just WOW... should of went 2 nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Was only there Thursday night, wondering how they could beat Wednesday's set list, well HITCHHIKER!

Inside Job, Wishlist, Sonic Reducer, and what an opening set. Ah the whole thing was amazing, had a smile on my face the whole night.

• Advertisement

Just getting my breath back after a great 2 nights in Manchester,really glad we decided on the second night too. Pity we only got the 3 songs just now on Sky Arts from IOW.
    Anyone have any idea when the 2 Manchester Boots are likely to be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Gutted I couldn't make Manchester night 2, but the wife, daughter, job, mortgage had other ideas.
    Glad I made at least one gig anyway, hopefully the boots will be out within a fortnight of the end of the tour like last time. Some great videos on YouTube in the meantime.

They played Blood at IOW. Please, if I ever delay in getting PJ tickets, somebody please slap me.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Just getting my breath back after a great 2 nights in Manchester,really glad we decided on the second night too. Pity we only got the 3 songs just now on Sky Arts from IOW.
    Anyone have any idea when the 2 Manchester Boots are likely to be available?

Just had a look there from Dublin 2010, the show was the 22nd June and I placed my order on 21st July, so shouldn't be too long to wait!

How did the isle of wight come across on the tv, pity they only showed 3 songs but haven't had a chance to watch it yet with no proper internet on my phone in London.
    Show was great, bit short and probably preferred Manchester 1, but cracking all the same. Weather was insane a couple of hours after the gig and everywhere was a giant mudbath all weekend but I'm not gonna let the sickness kick in til after Amsterdam tomorrow and Wednesday!

Hummm Manchester 1 was amazing, missed flight home and was compelled to stay for Manchester 2 aswell :D Glad I did, it was like watching a show in 2 parts! Both fantastic but starting slow and building up into a frenzy! Will post some snaps later :)

Pearl Jam Manchester 20th June 2012

10dukvk.jpg

10n5hrd.jpg

2lvlstu.jpg

ftncjk.jpg

4g6mp2.jpg

Fi H wrote: »
    Hummm Manchester 1 was amazing, missed flight home and was compelled to stay for Manchester 2 aswell :D Glad I did, it was like watching a show in 2 parts! Both fantastic but starting slow and building up into a frenzy! Will post some snaps later :)

Would this be Fiona by any chance, Fiona who I was talking to about Soundgarden in Hyde park next month?

Anyhow just out of Amsterdam night one, absolutely cracking gig, making me fried that tomorrow will be my last of this tour!

Jimmy is that you? man I am sooooooo tempted! also very jealous that you are in the dam :)

Fi H wrote: »
    Jimmy is that you? man I am sooooooo tempted! also very jealous that you are in the dam :)

It is indeed, the Dam has been rockin so far plus the warm weather is making up for the mudfest that was isle of Wight, soundgarden could still be on next month if the flights are decent when I get home Thursday! I take it you enjoyed Manchester 2?!

• Advertisement

yeah it was deadly :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2QPX_DB8Vk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Just thought this was worth posting considering the date

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

When they played Come Back in Manc, that was all I could think of. It was a very sad moment in Berlin.

I'm off to Stockholm on Thursday for the show on Saturday. Don't think the set will be a Amsterdam night 2, but it'll be fun none-the-less!

Also, hello Fi! :D

The setlist for Prague tonight was pretty awesome. Heading off on wednesday for the 2 Berlin shows & Stockholm on saturday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

Do Pearl Jam still sell bootlegs of their shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Do Pearl Jam still sell bootlegs of their shows?

Yep. Usually a couple of months after a tour ends they're availabe on pearljam.com for download in mp3 or FLAC or to order the CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

Ah right. I was wondering why there was no 2012 shows available :) I want to buy the one I went to you see.

Another 2 nice sets in Berlin last night and tonight, though I don't think anything will top 'Dam 2 on this tour. Hopefully anyone from here that was there had a great time. I've had the post tour blues since landing in from Amsterdam a week ago, jealous of those going to the Scandinavian shows, hope its amazing, some of them crowds have waited a long time so should add to the show

Brian Farias knows that there are people who have seen Pearl Jam more than the 108 times he has. However, on June 27th, the 46-year-old Rhode Island native did something that diehard fans of the band can only dream of: he created the setlist for an entire Pearl Jam show.

"I thought I was hearing things when [frontman] Eddie [Vedder] offered it to me," Farias recalls. He was selected by Ten Club, Pearl Jam's longtime fan group, to be flown to Amsterdam to attend a pair of shows and meet the band. He is one of what the Ten Club calls its "charter members" – because, as Farias puts it, he's "been there since the very, very beginning." He was a fan club member for Mother Love Bone, the grunge outfit fronted by the late Andy Wood that gave rise to Pearl Jam. "I kinda got rolled over into Ten Club," he explains.

Farias’ first Pearl Jam experience occurred before the band had even released Ten, their landmark 1991 debut. "It wasn't even on their itinerary," he recalls of the Providence, Rhode Island show at Club Baby Head. "The paid admission was only 12 people or something. It's one of those small venues where the stage is only knee-high. Even at that, Eddie was swinging from the ceiling."

Last week, while on his flight to Amsterdam, Farias had no idea that he'd soon be making what some fans are now calling the "greatest Pearl Jam setlist of all time." But once Vedder gave him the opportunity, Farias’ real work began. As he explains, the challenge became how best to balance his own "selfish" desires with songs that audience members would enjoy, while also taking into consideration what the band was capable of playing. "It was really stressful," he admits of the setlist-building process, "because it's something you know is never gonna happen again. You’re only getting one shot at it."

Farias estimates he went through 40 or 50 drafts before deciding upon a final setlist. The band, he says, came through: they played 90 to 95 percent of his requests. He does admit there were a few songs the band opted out of playing; however, Vedder promised him that at the next show he attended, if he gave the band a week's notice, he would hear the tracks.

In the end, Farias concocted a setlist for the ages. The second of the two Amsterdam shows – or as he calls it, "my show" – included deep cuts ("Alone," a b-side from the Vs. single "Go"), vintage rarities ("Crown of Thorns," a rarely-played Mother Love Bone number) and crowd favorites ("Alive," Daughter"). In fact, there was only one song, Farias says, that he absolutely needed to hear: "Bugs." The obscure Vitalogy cut, on which Vedder plays accordion and rambles about insects, had only been played once in concert, and it was the only album cut that Farias had never heard. Vedder was initially hesitant. "Brian, we didn't bring the accordion. I don't have it with me," the singer told Farias. But, as Farias explains, "Ed being Ed, always going above and beyond, he went back to his hotel and learned a way to do it on guitar. He turned it into a totally beautiful, different song."

To top off the experience, Farias was brought out for a bow with the entire band at the end of the show. "The bow meant more to me than everything," he says. "For the Pearl Jam audience to give me that much love, I can't imagine what Eddie feels."

Now, even a week after the fact, the reality of the experience still hasn't sunk in for Farias. "It still doesn't seem real," he says. "As more time goes on, it gets even more emotional. It's better than winning the lottery. All the money in the world, I couldn't bribe Eddie Vedder to let me make his setlist. It was like programming your iPod and then Pearl Jam show up in your yard and play it for you."

Setlist:
    "Wash"
    "Last Exit"
    "Animal"
    "State of Love and Trust"
    "Severed Hand"
    "Corduroy"
    "I Got ****"
    "Daughter/WMA"
    "Nothing As It Seems"
    "Got Some"
    "Dissident"
    "Once"
    "Glorified G"
    "Deep"
    "The Fixer"
    "Bugs"
    "Better Man"

Encore 1:
    "Release"
    "Hail, Hail"
    "Alone"
    "Footsteps"
    "Rearview Mirror"

Encore 2:
    "Crown of Thorns"
    "Sonic Reducer"
    "Alive"
    "Baba O’Riley"
    "Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing"

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/pearl-jam-superfan-creates-bands-setlist-20120706#ixzz1zyVZYr1D
    <message edited by defsteve on 1 hrs. ago>

Wow...just wow

• Advertisement

that makes so much more sense now knowing the set list was chosen by a fan!

Advertisement