Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to buy contact lenses?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

shortys94 wrote: »
    Are these daysoft contact lenses safe to use? I mean Iv been using focus dailies for over a year now and find them great, usually buy from 1800-contacts in the US,

but daysoft looks ridiculously cheap, are they a solid alternative, seems way way to cheap!

I've used them. Not as comfortable as focus daillies, feel heavier. At first not as easy to put on as focus either.

One good thing is you are less likely to fall asleep in them because they become uncomfortable/dry after a few hours

Overall you get good value for what you pay, they are very cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i use daysoft for a couple of years,no problem wearing them for 14 hours a day something i could never do with focus dailies, guess everyone is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Candle

Just wondering has anyone ordered lens from www.feicim.ie?

I need to get Biomedics (also known as Clearsight) 1 day torics and they're the cheapest here...

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sam411

I like vision direct I think they are like 5 bucks cheaper per pack...if you buy in bulk you get a better deal. Last time I ordered, they were the cheapest I could find out of all the online sites. Try contactlensesmall.com and then search for whatever brand you want to get, that might help you sort through the sites faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

+1 for daysoft lenses. i used to wear focus dailies and my eyes would get irritable after 6 hours. switched to daysoft and can't believe the difference. i use them from 7 am to midnight no bother! And saving so much money as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Another +1 for the daysoft lenses, used to have to remove my focus dalies after a few hours and had thought this was due to my been a long term contact lens user. The most I could wear lenses was 3/4 times a week now I can wear daysoft all day every day no problems and even better I can afford to do so:D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭rojerdandry

I posted on the daysoft lenses here about a year and a half ago. I found them fantastic for a year, but then they began to dry out terribly. Got my eyes checked recently and no damage or anything, but I'm going back to the Acuvue moist - I've been trying specsavers equivalent too and they're not as good either. So, basically all I'm saying is that my experience with the daysofts changed dramatically after a surprising amount of time - just something you might want to keep in mind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Thinspired

I've spent about two years trying out various uncomfortable lenses and wrecking my optician's head and I got a one-month trial pack of these last month - oh my god! Never thought I would be able to wear contact lenses without that gritty feeling and blurry vision!

Had priced a 6-month supply for E319 on getlenses.ie (or E319 on discountlens.ie) and was happy enough to pay that until I saw them for E265 including delivery on http://www.feelgoodcontacts.com/ie/

I just ordered them today so fingers crossed they're ok. So thrilled I saved 55 quid - but even happier I finally found lenses to suit me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

after reading this thread i have ordered http://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com as the contact lenses that i get each month cost me 70euro and on day soft site it cost me 12 euro wil see how i get on when they are delivered:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Anyone on here any experience of lenscatcher? Cheapest I've come across for Air Optix Aqua and they are based in Germany - would be interested in buying from these if anyone can recommend !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Would not use daysoft lenses ever again. They dry out almost as soon as I put them in. They are not comfortable to wear, maybe they are for some people, due to their one size fits all policy. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Be sure to try them out before making a big order. Going back to acuvue advance asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Thinspired wrote: »
    I've spent about two years trying out various uncomfortable lenses and wrecking my optician's head and I got a one-month trial pack of these last month - oh my god! Never thought I would be able to wear contact lenses without that gritty feeling and blurry vision!

Had priced a 6-month supply for E319 on getlenses.ie (or E319 on discountlens.ie) and was happy enough to pay that until I saw them for E265 including delivery on http://www.feelgoodcontacts.com/ie/

I just ordered them today so fingers crossed they're ok. So thrilled I saved 55 quid - but even happier I finally found lenses to suit me!

Just put in an order from hxxp://www.feelgoodcontacts.com/ie/ and got SCAMMED!! No confirmation email, dodgy security, telephone number has been deactivated... "$"£%"£%!"!!!!

Thanks a lot aXXwipe! :mad::mad::mad:

Will have to put in a block on the credit card asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Just put in an order from hxxp://www.feelgoodcontacts.com/ie/ and got SCAMMED!! No confirmation email, dodgy security, telephone number has been deactivated... "$"£%"£%!"!!!!

Thanks a lot aXXwipe! :mad::mad::mad:

Will have to put in a block on the credit card asap.

Woah there.

According to their website, their phone number is +448004582090. I just called it, got connected straight away.

Also, a quick google brings up some quite excellent reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

Does anyone order from getlenses.ie ? they say they have Paypal but when i go to pay there is no Paypal option ? . .

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Hi all,

wearing daysoft for the first time the last week r so and cant last with them for much longer very uncomfortable, going to change back to air optix night & day which I found really good, but expensive, I am going on holidays next sat does anyone know a site which would have these delivered by next friday.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mopi

+1 for daysoft. I've been prescribed Air Optix aqua which I usually use as my specsavers optician said I could wear them 16hr/7day (per week) if I wanted. She was more cautious with daysoft saying 8hr/6day was my max. Right now I have Air Optix in my left eye (1.50) and daysoft in my right (1.75) I cannot tell the difference and both are very comfortable.

I have a query pending with daysoft on the 8/6 issue if they suggest 16/7 is OK I'll probably drop Air Optix and save money, time and fiddling with cleaning solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Hi all,

Does anyone on here use Focus Dailies AquaComfort plus? If so where do ye get them online?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

normally order from coastal contacts in the states but ordered from Feel Good Contact lenses in the UK and it was a little cheaper.

they have 12% first time orders at the moment.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Feel-Good-Contact-Lenses/182310495164467?sk=app_285399514816855

• Registered Users Posts: 15 nolo_

i just ordered from Feel Good Contact, thanks for the recommendation, seems great so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 porterj

Do not use eurolens.ie

I believe they mislead and defraud their customers:

1. Their Websites are misleading and do not make it clear that shipments are from the USA and will therefore incur Customs duty, V.A.T. and Customs clearance charges.

2. The charge to your credit card account is more than the amount stated on their Invoice because the invoice and website are in Euros and they charge in dollars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Love daysoft, have been using them for about 4 yrs now, great value. Even when my prescription changed they told me to send back the old lenses and they replaced them free with the new prescription :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

missbelle wrote: »
    Love daysoft, have been using them for about 4 yrs now, great value. Even when my prescription changed they told me to send back the old lenses and they replaced them free with the new prescription :)

Hi Missbelle,

Regarding your prescription. Did your optician just give it to you or did you have to ask for it?

kleefarr wrote: »
    Hi Missbelle,

Regarding your prescription. Did your optician just give it to you or did you have to ask for it?

I went for a (contact lens) eye test, and she told me then it had gotten worse & gave me the new prescription, I would reckon that is the norm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

does anybody know the difference between "opti-free express" and "opti-free refresh" contact lense solution?? Boots are selling the regular size bottle for €18, while i came across the same size bottle for sale in Tesco at just €10!

missbelle wrote: »
    I went for a (contact lens) eye test, and she told me then it had gotten worse & gave me the new prescription, I would reckon that is the norm :)

Ok, thanks.
    How much was the eye test for contact lenses, if you don't mind me asking?

kleefarr wrote: »
    Ok, thanks.
    How much was the eye test for contact lenses, if you don't mind me asking?

My optician is in the North, and I also got a free eye test through work, entitled to one every two yrs :D think my optician includes a contact lens test everytime I get a normal eye test so I just have to go to her twice, once with contacts in, once without.
    As far as I know, Specsavers do eye tests for a good price -just checked their site, and if you book before end of Nov its 15 euro ;)

Ah, great.
    Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 porterj

Dionysus wrote: »
    For some years now I have got my prescription checked in Ireland and bought my contacts through the internet from AC Lens in America and have found them solid and reliable. 90 pairs of lenses has come in at €95 by the time I receive the box.

Is there any place cheaper in Ireland yet?

Thanks!
    Be very careful, The customs and An Post are clamping down on imports. I was required to pay €24.61 on lenses costing €87

Well, looks like Daysoft are out for the wife now. Her recent test at Specsavers has shown that her eyes have gotten a little worse and also now has astigmatism.

"Please note that none of the lens brands below, including daysoft, correct 'astigmatism' which requires specially made 'toric' lenses."

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Thinspired wrote: »

Exactly which contact lenses are you referring to here please?

Advertisement