Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Anyone know the hours for the library over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TheUkeLearner

Anyone know the hours for the library over the weekend?

I think its 10-6, closed on Sunday

I think its 10-6, closed on Sunday

Ah opening it at 10 on Saturday is very handy compared to 2. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

You think they'd open the Sundays close to exams! 4 Sundays a year isn't much to ask for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Beware, moany rant ahead...

What is the story with having essays/assignments due in during the 2 weeks of exams? If a lecturer can't fit in their course work into 12 weeks then maybe they should look into having less to teach rather than f*ćk up students study week with what should have contained revision and most likely last minute panicking rather than reading secondary sources for their essays.

I know you could say 'well you knew it was coming so you could have just had it done for Week 12' and usually I'd agree but this lecturer barely covered what we need to know and we only got the bare essentials by week 11 and 12.

I was talking to friends in LIT and Cork and they couldn't believe that course work was expected post study week/reading week.

It's a balls. :-(

*takes off rant hat and sips on a can of Red Bull*

Best of luck to everyone though. Enjoy Christmas and the long holidays in the new year. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

With only 1 of 4 exams down I'm jumping the gun by a mile here, but what time might the results be out around? I'm trying to remember getting them last year to guess a time-frame but I can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TheUkeLearner

131spanner wrote: »
    With only 1 of 4 exams down I'm jumping the gun by a mile here, but what time might the results be out around? I'm trying to remember getting them last year to guess a time-frame but I can't.

I think it was the Monday of Week 2

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Progshark

The Exam Board it on Fri 31st of Jan so yeah it'll probably be monday of week 2 that results come out

2 down, 2 to go! :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Does the student union deal with complaints about student behaviour?As in some acting the maggot in there student housing

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

bigpink wrote: »
    Does the student union deal with complaints about student behaviour?As in some acting the maggot in there student housing

Hi bigpink,

You can drop into us at any stage and have a chat in confidence, we can get more details about the situation and see what can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

bigpink wrote: »

Why should the college have any interest in what adults do in private houses in their own time. If there is an issue the guards should be involved not the college!

Hey guys! Could anyone tell me where to find the tables that show what a grade is in percentage? Like B3 = 60, B2 = 65 etc. I've seen them somewhere before but can't find them now :o thanks!

On my phone so hopefully this link works. :-)

http://www.misu.ie/index.php/academiclife/assignments/grade-scales

On my phone so hopefully this link works. :-)

http://www.misu.ie/index.php/academiclife/assignments/grade-scales

Bang on what I was looking for, thanks a million :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Does anybody know when the new timetables are out and when do results usually come out?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

keelanj69 wrote: »
    Does anybody know when the new timetables are out and when do results usually come out?

timetables are usually out the week before the start of the new semester and I think the results are due out around the 4th of Feb.

Timetables in MIC are always a last minute affair! You learn to live with it! :pac:

Still no timetable - nice. Does anyone have any problems logging into webmail or moodle? Haven't been able to over Christmas :/

• Advertisement

Still no timetable - nice. Does anyone have any problems logging into webmail or moodle? Haven't been able to over Christmas :/

Your password probably expired...we had placement over the holidays so they sent us an email saying
    Please be advised that if your Moodle password expires while away from college for School Placement 3, you must contact ITHelpdesk@mic.ul.ie in order to reactivate / reset your password. In the e-mail you must state your ID number AND your date of birth, in order to provide IT staff the opportunity to act on your behalf.

Might be worth giving them an email

Your password probably expired...we had placement over the holidays so they sent us an email saying

Might be worth giving them an email

Could I also go into the computer labs like I did last time? I only live five minutes away from MIC.

Could I also go into the computer labs like I did last time? I only live five minutes away from MIC.

Ah yeah definitely that's very handy! Whatever's easiest like!

I'm assuming everyone has seen them at this stage, but just in case

http://www.mic.ul.ie/calendarstimetables/Pages/timetables.aspx

Biggest joke of a timetable ever...there better be changes. I have four 9 o clocks and in until 5 with no breaks for two days whereas many of my friends have 10 o clock as their earliest and have frequent breaks each day. I know it's tough making these and keeping people happy but there is no need to absolutely screw some groups so badly...

Biggest joke of a timetable ever...there better be changes. I have four 9 o clocks and in until 5 with no breaks for two days whereas many of my friends have 10 o clock as their earliest and have frequent breaks each day. I know it's tough making these and keeping people happy but there is no need to absolutely screw some groups so badly...

Dependent on what year / course you are, some of the hours timetabled will include tutorial hours and as such won't always get used.

I know last year I had 2 9ams - monday and friday but thankfully they didn't get used by the lecturers.

According to the Mary I website the library is open on Saturday 25th but the woman at the desk said that the semester hasn't officially started yet so they are still working 'off peak' hours. :confused:

Balls to this. :mad:

http://www.mic.ul.ie/library/Pages/openinghours.aspx

Just finished my Undergraduate Dissertation! :)

What a relief! :)

Just finished my Undergraduate Dissertation! :)

What a relief! :)

Jammy!! Still a LOOOOOONG way to go for me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Thought I'd ask her, does anyone know what this 'Black Monday Limerick' promotion is? No info on there FB page as to who is running it, presumably one of the nightclubs in town?

Advertisement