Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Well done Poxyshamrock - what a relief!!

Best of luck to everyone who is doing theirs this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Well hello there Mr. All-Nighter, my old friend. Anyone that is reading this and isn't in 4th year, start your FYP earlier than a week before the date its due. :(

Learn from my mistakes kids!!! :o:mad::o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 care_bear

Could anyone who goes to the gym give me a bit of information? I'd like to start going but feel it may be a bit intimidating with the serious fitness people in there. What would be the quietest time to go to begin?

To be honest I don't even know anything about Tailteann but I have a rough idea of where the gym is. Is there a changing room specifically for the gym? Final question, is there someone in the gym to help with machines etc or do you just fend for yourself? Is there any other basic information I should know as a complete newbie?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Are you a student in Mary I? When I was there, students and staff had to do a short safety/induction class before they were allowed to use the gym. Demonstrations for the machines, rules, regulations, etc.

The gym room is upstairs and the dressing rooms are downstairs. 2 changing rooms for the staff, 2 for indoors, 4 for outdoors, with signs on the doors for Male/Female.

I wouldn't worry about "serious fitness people". :) Chances are they'll be training too hard/too busy checking themselves out in the mirrors to be intimidating anyone else! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Anyone else finding getting results to be incredibly difficult?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

keelanj69 wrote: »
    Anyone else finding getting results to be incredibly difficult?

Ya it was a joke, kept getting an error message when I tried logging in. All B'S so happy out now though.

An File wrote: »
    Are you a student in Mary I? When I was there, students and staff had to do a short safety/induction class before they were allowed to use the gym. Demonstrations for the machines, rules, regulations, etc.

The gym room is upstairs and the dressing rooms are downstairs. 2 changing rooms for the staff, 2 for indoors, 4 for outdoors, with signs on the doors for Male/Female.

I wouldn't worry about "serious fitness people". :) Chances are they'll be training too hard/too busy checking themselves out in the mirrors to be intimidating anyone else! :pac:

This. They are actually gas how much they love themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

What a day! :eek:

Hope everyone is okay!

Foundation building was chaos about three!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

What a day! :eek:

Hope everyone is okay!

Foundation building was chaos about three!

What exactly happened? I know the weather was bad, but why was their such craziness in the air (I'm very far away from Limerick atm, so have no idea).

dambarude wrote: »
    What exactly happened? I know the weather was bad, but why was their such craziness in the air (I'm very far away from Limerick atm, so have no idea).

There was a red warning storm, Windows blew in, trees blew down, the beautiful evergreen near Gerard house fell blocking rd and crushed at least 1 car. All the buildings were in lock down for a while!

• Advertisement

Apparently the front door of the mount blew off its hinges yesterday aswell.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Apparently the front door of the mount blew off its hinges yesterday aswell.

I heard that too! Fair play to the security guys/fire officers though, they seemed to know what they were doing!

I still think the college should have used their text alert service/facebook/twitter to tell students at home to stay there. Not cancelling the evening lectures was just ludicrous.

I have stuff to print off in the college tomorrow for a microteaching lesson. Does anyone know if there is a colour printer in the college, and if so where is it? Thanks.

buyer95 wrote: »
    I have stuff to print off in the college tomorrow for a microteaching lesson. Does anyone know if there is a colour printer in the college, and if so where is it? Thanks.

There is one in the computer lab - its quite expensive now - so be prepared:rolleyes:

No good to you now but moviedrome on Henry Street often does deals for Mary I students. It's cheaper than college printing.

Is it just me (and a few of my friends) or is the wifi really bad this week? It keeps dropping connection and I have to re-login a few times, even if I stay in the same building.

It always knocks off for me! You leave it alone for 2 minutes and you have to sign back in. :(

I'm used to it being awkward, I mean it IS the Mary I wifi, but it seems even more annoying than usual. Bah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Could anyone tell me what time the computer labs close at? :) please and thanks!

10, I *think*.

• Advertisement

9pm!

9pm!

Oops... sorry! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Another quick question for ye :) Do you know the library has a day that you can drop back overdue books without paying the fine? Is there one coming up any time soon? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Does anyone know if a few people could organise to go on Erasmus together?

I know plenty who went on Erasmus together. Call into the placement office and they'll answer anymore questions you might have. They're a friendly bunch in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

I know plenty who went on Erasmus together. Call into the placement office and they'll answer anymore questions you might have. They're a friendly bunch in there.

Thanks :) I emailed them yesterday and they said its not uncommon but no way could a whole group go together, say 5/6 for obvious reasons, which is fine by me.

So long as me and the better half can go together I'm not too pushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TheUkeLearner

131spanner wrote: »
    Another quick question for ye :) Do you know the library has a day that you can drop back overdue books without paying the fine? Is there one coming up any time soon? :o

I think its around graduation time, which is like October I think (You can't graduate if you have library fines :o )

Congratulations to the MIC ladies football team on their win yesterday in Belfast! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Exam timetables are up...dear Christ is it that time already? I haven't even started my assignments due for Week 10 :eek:

http://www.mic.ul.ie/adminservices/studentservices/Pages/Noticeboard.aspx

• Advertisement

Exam timetables are up...dear Christ is it that time already? I haven't even started my assignments due for Week 10 :eek:

http://www.mic.ul.ie/adminservices/studentservices/Pages/Noticeboard.aspx

2nd years only. Talib, knock that off. I almost fell off the chair panicking! :D I still have essays and a documentary to do.

Advertisement