Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

According to the calendar on the MIC website they're from the 26th - 31st of August. Wah!! :(

They might wanna take Darragh and Cillian off the ole MISU header there... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Progshark

Ha Ha yes indeed. Although I don't think they'r actually finished for another while yet. I think the change over is closer to release of exam results or something.

Hey Mary I, thanks for all the texts about making sure I know how to check my results but maybe ye need to focus less on the students not knowing how to log on and more on the site not crashing....again.

Also, good luck to everyone! :-)

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

Progshark wrote: »
    Ha Ha yes indeed. Although I don't think they'r actually finished for another while yet. I think the change over is closer to release of exam results or something.

Hi All,

Hope everyone is enjoying the Summer.

Yes indeed Darragh and Cillian have left the building (since last Friday). They were a fantastic pair to work with and we wish them all the best in the future. Johanna and Elaine have taken over since Monday and all has been pretty much hectic since then. We are currently upgrading our website to a newer version hence why the header etc hasn't changed just yet. Slowly but surely getting around to it once the upgrade is complete.

As always if anyone has any questions queries or issues you can get the president on misuprez@mic.ul.ie and the vice president on misuviceprez@mic.ul.ie. Alternatively we are in the office Monday to Friday on 061-400013, also on here, Facebook, Twitter etc.

MISU Team

• Advertisement

G'luck to everyone tomorrow! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

Hi All Im not sure if this is the right place to post this but my current QCA is 2.59. I still have a FYP I grade to pass, whats the minimum grade i'd need to get in the FYP to get a 2.6 and could it be possible to get a 3.0, the FYP is double weighted aswell. I was never good at maths lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Really wish they'd hurry up with the timetable! :mad:

Was just about to post the same thing! You'd think it was the holy grail or something the way they keep it under lock and key!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TheUkeLearner

Did anybody else get the text from UL Fees about an online finance task?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Yep got a text from them this afternoon, god knows what thats all about!

Sure the timetables won't be out till the very last minute, none of us have anything better to do than wait around - nothing to organise!!

I didn't get a text.

I feel so unloved. :-D

I didn't get a text.

I feel so unloved. :-D

You can have mine! Just logged on and have absolutely no idea what its about - as usual

Ha, I like that 'as usual' part.

I love how this forum gets a bit of life into it every Autumn. All the newbies and the regulars in to question everything/have a moan. Pity it quietens down so much the rest of the year.

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

Hi All,

Hope your enjoying the last days of the "Summer"

Just to clear up a few points which have been brought up:

1) The text re "finance task" from UL was sent out to some of our students in error, please ignore, no need to panic :-)

2) We are just waiting for timetables to be sent down from Student Services, once we have them we will circulate on social media and website

3) Apologies for the inconsistencies in our website over the last while, we are currently in the middle of changing over to our new website and there have been a few blackout periods during the summer. The new website should be live either by close of business today or Monday morning

Anything else, feel free to ask.

See you all soon

MISU Team

thanks for that clarification!

Just caught a quick glimpse of the new entrance on SCRd! Looks nice! :)

Wonder if it'll be finished for the 9th! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Moving into Ashdown tomorrow. I can't believe I'm actually a college student:)

buyer95 wrote: »
    Moving into Ashdown tomorrow. I can't believe I'm actually a college student:)

Welcome to Mary I :D

• Advertisement

The suspense was killing me!

Crappy timetable as usual :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

At little more spread out than I would have liked. Always the way

What's the programme info about in the Lime Tree? :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Day 1 down. Bloody scorcher, it was. And me with the big rain coat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭French Toast

How do I find out what elective I've been given a place in? 2nd year BA :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Ahh the second year B.Ed timetable was perfect for me/my group and now they've changed it and it's sucks...ah well I'm used to early hangover mornings and 6pm finishes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rosiee

First year B.Ed here..wondering how we find out what group we are in for Monday? I think they said they'd email it but dunno if they have my email address so worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

rosiee wrote: »
    First year B.Ed here..wondering how we find out what group we are in for Monday? I think they said they'd email it but dunno if they have my email address so worried!

http://www.mic.ul.ie/adminservices/studentservices/Documents/BEd1Classgroups20132014.pdf

When I started in MIC, I was told the Tara steps were heated. They've never been warm when I sat on 'em anyway.

Is this just a myth? :pac:

• Advertisement

Anybody know what the story is with the B.Ed 2s in regard this T1 stuff? Do we go to out normal classes or new ones?

Advertisement